I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've never flown United, but DD is wanting to fly into Jackson, MS and the only airline that I can find that points will transfer from Chase is United.

So, would I be able to create a United account in my name to transfer UR points into and then book DD a flight from my United account?

I'm getting the CP currently. I got the business card and then am going to get a personal card. The sign up bonus points do count towards the CP. I'm going to try the 1800 flowers deal for my last 6000 points, you can get 1000 RR points per order and they should count towards the pass. We always end up on SW too, and knew for sure that we've got Orlando twice and a California trip coming up so it seemed like the best deal for us. Others on here know more about getting flights to Hawaii, and more advice about choosing your next cards :)

I've posted about this before, but it's such a great deal it's worth mentioning again.

Meredith magazines get 650 RR points per order, which start out at around $7, but when you're on the order screen they give you a little pop up if they think you're about to close the window for an even better deal. I just checked to make sure it still worked. $3 for 6 issues of Better Homes and Gardens.

Edit: We're up to 200 pages!

I've posted about this before, but it's such a great deal it's worth mentioning again.

Meredith magazines get 650 RR points per order, which start out at around $7, but when you're on the order screen they give you a little pop up if they think you're about to close the window for an even better deal. I just checked to make sure it still worked. $3 for 6 issues of Better Homes and Gardens.

Thanks for posting about this again. Have you tried to cancel the subscriptions yet? Are they auto-renew? Years ago, I did a magazine deal through RR shopping and had a really hard time cancelling the subscriptions when 1-year was up. The company charged me despite me cancelling and I had to dispute the charges. Was a big pain!

Ordered but have seen no magazines or points yet.

We've never flown United, but DD is wanting to fly into Jackson, MS and the only airline that I can find that points will transfer from Chase is United.

So, would I be able to create a United account in my name to transfer UR points into and then book DD a flight from my United account?
Yes. You can book a ticket for anyone from your United MilesPlus account :)

I am at 5/24 already, so looking for non-Chase cards. Was considering the Hilton Honors no AF card but not sure if the bonus is high/normal/low for Hilton. If this is their usual offer, I will wait as we're already working on spend for DHs CSP
How do you know where you are with the 24 months? do I call Chase or do I need to get my credit report?

How do you know where you are with the 24 months? do I call Chase or do I need to get my credit report?

depending on what state your in, u pull from the credit bureau that chase pulls. So say your california, they pull from experian. You get a report from Experian. Some states pull from Transunion. That you can pull a report or you can use credit karma. they will tell you ur inquires as well.

We are planning WDW in 3/2018 & Grand Canyon 6/2018.

What hotels are you planning for Grand Canyon? Just curious. SW won't get us to Flagstaff. So we're planning AA for flights.
Haven't decided on an itinerary for Grand Canyon yet but we would likely stay just 2 nights. I'm new to this but I think personally we would get the most benefit using cc rewards for flights as we use our dvc, Air B&B and Priceline for hotels . For those that do use the rewards for hotels, what are the actual prices in comparison to bargain shopping? For example, we paid $89 a night for a 1 bedroom Air B&B in central Paris last fall and usually pay around $100 per night for a 4 star hotel in other locations. Is using rewards usually a better value than those examples? We travel very often so there is no way that cc rewards will cover the entire cost of our trips. For us, I think there's lots more wheeling and dealing that can be done for accommodations, that's why my plan is to use the rewards for the less flexible costs of the flights.

Last edited:
Another Chase Disney question. My kids have been AU on one of my Disney cards for years, but neither is a joint cardholder or gotten any bonus. Can I refer them to get their own cards for the bonus when they are still currently AU on my account? I know years ago, I referred my husband from my joint account and it worked, but with the crack downs, I am not sure what still works.

Two questions:

1. I have the personal Amex Platinum with the $200 travel credit that I currently have associated with United. Can I buy United miles on the United website and have this trigger the travel credit?

2. If my DH applies for a United mileage credit card, can we link that card to my MileagePlus account, or does the name on the credit card need to match the name on the mileage account?

Thanks!

Two questions:

1. I have the personal Amex Platinum with the $200 travel credit that I currently have associated with United. Can I buy United miles on the United website and have this trigger the travel credit?

AFAIK, no.

Per FrequentMiler:

United
The following purchases are known to trigger fee reimbursements:
With United, the following options NO LONGER WORK:
You can set up a United TravelBank (gift registry) account, fund that with your Amex Platinum, which should code as a "special ticket" that Amex will reimburse, which funds you can then use toward United and United Express flights. See the above-referenced FlyerTalk thread.

Another Chase Disney question. My kids have been AU on one of my Disney cards for years, but neither is a joint cardholder or gotten any bonus. Can I refer them to get their own cards for the bonus when they are still currently AU on my account? I know years ago, I referred my husband from my joint account and it worked, but with the crack downs, I am not sure what still works.
And same question for Amex..my son is interested in the Delta Skymiles card, but he is an AU on mine.

Thanks for posting about this again. Have you tried to cancel the subscriptions yet? Are they auto-renew? Years ago, I did a magazine deal through RR shopping and had a really hard time cancelling the subscriptions when 1-year was up. The company charged me despite me cancelling and I had to dispute the charges. Was a big pain!

I haven't cancelled yet, but somewhere on the website it lists email addresses for each magazine that you can use to cancel. I took a screen shot during the ordering process in case I couldn't find the page again. I'm hoping it's as easy as that.

Another question: If I want my husband to apply for several Chase cards, is there a way to generate referral links from me so that I would get a referral bonus for his applications? If so, how do I find the referral links? I was just playing around in my Chase online account, and I didn't see any obvious way to get to referral links. Thanks.

Another question: If I want my husband to apply for several Chase cards, is there a way to generate referral links from me so that I would get a referral bonus for his applications? If so, how do I find the referral links? I was just playing around in my Chase online account, and I didn't see any obvious way to get to referral links. Thanks.

https://www.chase.com/referafriend

And same question for Amex..my son is interested in the Delta Skymiles card, but he is an AU on mine.
Yes, that should be fine. DH was an AU on my CSP and I was able to send him a referral link to use and he was approved for his own card.

Haven't decided on an itinerary for Grand Canyon yet but we would likely stay just 2 nights. I'm new to this but I think personally we would get the most benefit using cc rewards for flights as we use our dvc, Air B&B and Priceline for hotels . For those that do use the rewards for hotels, what are the actual prices in comparison to bargain shopping? For example, we paid $89 a night for a 1 bedroom Air B&B in central Paris last fall and usually pay around $100 per night for a 4 star hotel in other locations. Is using rewards usually a better value than those examples? We travel very often so there is no way that cc rewards will cover the entire cost of our trips. For us, I think there's lots more wheeling and dealing that can be done for accommodations, that's why my plan is to use the rewards for the less flexible costs of the flights.
It is a better deal if it's free Signed up for Marriott card, 100k signup bonus. Transferring those points to SPG will get me 4 nights at WDW Dolphin. For Grand Canyon, looking to stay in Flagstaff one night, then inside the park. In Flagstaff there are a couple hotels, Doubletree & Hilton, for 30-40k points per night. Signing up for the Hilton CC will get me 80k points which should cover it. Also planning on taking the train to Grand Canyon from Williams, AZ which I'll probably try to use the travel credit on CSR for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter