I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Radpad isn't coding 3x anymore. I got a feeling the same might go for plastiq soon. :-/
Bummer. I'm using Plastiq to hit my SPG minimum spend this month, so I wasn't going to be able to take advantage of the 3x until next month. Figures.

I saw someone on Reddit was told by a Chase rep that the Ink card bonuses might be increasing for Small Business Week next week. If that happens I'll be trying for the Ink Cash card for DH. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Radpad isn't coding 3x anymore. I got a feeling the same might go for plastiq soon. :-/

Ugh! I did a test charge of $25 with Plastiq on Saturday and that coded as travel. Was going to do the rest in a couple of days. Not sure if it's worth the risk to go for it now and hope it still codes as travel.

Question about hotel reservation on the Chase UR portal. Do they have Disney resorts available to rent with points? I've done some looking here and there just playing with some dates and I have rarely seen the Disney resorts listed. But, maybe I'm searching wrong or something. I'm just thinking in advance about our trip in January and so I know they wouldn't show availability for that yet, but I'm not seeing them for other random dates much either. If we can do that, then I'll likely try to build up and hoard some points to try and cover a stay there in January.

I was just able to pull up several Disney resorts in the UR portal. I searched for hotels in Orlando in October. When the results come up, I type in "Disney's" in the search box to filter the list to only Disney resorts.

I have the American Airlines aadvantage world elite platinum MasterCard. If I use it to pay for a friends flight will I still get the points since the flights aren't in my name? Thanks!

I have the American Airlines aadvantage world elite platinum MasterCard. If I use it to pay for a friends flight will I still get the points since the flights aren't in my name? Thanks!

You will get the miles for the credit card purchase. You will not get the miles from her actual flight, since you are not the one flying.

if you can find the inbranch freedom unlimited. 30k UR points for $500 spendings is a pretty sweet deal.
Is that a targeted offer? By email or snail mail?

I never get good offers Today I got Chase bank checking/savings offer & Capital One Quicksilver $100. Oh & AMEX offer for 9.99% interest on my nonexistent balance.

As an FYI for people with Chase Business cards: they sent out a warning today not to use business cards for personal expenses. No threats from Chase, just a warning. No idea why they're warning now or how far Chase wants to push this its business customers since practically anything can be justified as a business expense. Seems to have gone out to many, but not all, Chase business card holders. http://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-cracking-using-business-cards-personal-spend/

Is that a targeted offer? By email or snail mail?

I never get good offers Today I got Chase bank checking/savings offer & Capital One Quicksilver $100. Oh & AMEX offer for 9.99% interest on my nonexistent balance.

preapproval. You just have to go into branch and ask.

As an FYI for people with Chase Business cards: they sent out a warning today not to use business cards for personal expenses. No threats from Chase, just a warning. No idea why they're warning now or how far Chase wants to push this its business customers since practically anything can be justified as a business expense. Seems to have gone out to many, but not all, Chase business card holders. http://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-cracking-using-business-cards-personal-spend/

looks like a general warning. only thing that i majorly see is to never use the protection the ink card provides. ie car insurance, price protection...

honestly though, whatever u buy, couldnt u just say your business brought a gift for your client? haha

looks like a general warning. only thing that i majorly see is to never use the protection the ink card provides. ie car insurance, price protection...

honestly though, whatever u buy, couldnt u just say your business brought a gift for your client? haha

Ha! It's probably a result of the spend we have put on my husband's card. A new swing set and a fishing excursion for our beach vacation this summer :) Hey! Gotta keep the clients entertained!!

Ha! It's probably a result of the spend we have put on my husband's card. A new swing set and a fishing excursion for our beach vacation this summer :) Hey! Gotta keep the clients entertained!!

gotta keep the clien- wife happy right? ;)

Shoot, it's my telepathic skills, I was just wondering about that this weekend and was going to post a question about it.

Yep for sure, for every point you rent from me you have the opportunity to receive a zucchini, bean, carrot or potato.

Shoot, it's my telepathic skills, I was just wondering about that this weekend and was going to post a question about it.
No company has ever gone after this actively fwiw (to my knowledge). I post just to remind and notify that it may or may not start being a thing. It would be VERY hard to enforce. It could simply be a not gentle reminder purchases on business cards aren't as protected as consumer cards so charge the important stuff to a personal card.

No company has ever gone after this actively fwiw (to my knowledge). I post just to remind and notify that it may or may not start being a thing. It would be VERY hard to enforce. It could simply be a not gentle reminder purchases on business cards aren't as protected as consumer cards so charge the important stuff to a personal card.
I do envision this as being a pain at tax time next year.

Ok, so now I have made a spreadsheet to keep track of our cards & not miss anything. Currently working on spend for Chase Marriott 100k. That puts me at 5/24 until August. DH is 2/24. In August I will downgrade my CSP to Freedom (which one?) as DH has CSR.
Plans are for WDW once a year and maybe one other vacation per year. The Marriott points will cover Swolphin stay next March, need points for SW flight. Was thinking CSP for DH to transfer points. If I sign DH up for CSP & Chase SW that would be 90k points. Would those count towards Companion Pass? Can I transfer points from my SW account to DHs towards CP? Never thought I could get CP but maybe I could.

Not working on any cards right now. So I figured out why the travel charge for the airline taxes would not "erase" on the Barclaycard. Air Canada booked them as separate charges so since they are not over $100 ($94 each), they can't be redeemed. It's ok because my family of 4 is headed to Las Vegas in June (just booked!) and I plan to use it then. I also booked a day trip to the Grand Canyon and Hoover dam!
We are staying at the Bellagio booked with my AMEX platinum through Fine Hotels and Resorts which gave us 4th night free, free breakfast and $100 resort credit. I did pay for flights through SW with cash after my leftover gift cards from the AMEX platinum and PRG travel credit. Nonstop flights to Vegas from Philly plus 4 nights at the Bellagio for 4 people, (2 adults plus 2 kids) was $2,000. Not bad at all.
I plan to stop by the Centurion lounge in Vegas too. June can't come soon enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter