I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Interesting to hear the Tuscaloosa talk, DS (22) is moving there in August for his masters program. I haven’t been there before, though I have spent a little time in Birmingham which I always enjoyed. When my kids were little I would take them to the zoo (smallish but fun) and also the civil rights sites downtown. I’m hoping when I visit I’ll be able to stay with DS in his apartment though and not have to spend my precious hotel points. I hadn’t even thought of flying into Jackson. I suppose Montgomery is as bad as flying into Birmingham?

By "bad" do you mean expensive? I think that's just relative, depending on when you look and how you value points/miles and of course, the relative fluctuations of flights (and...of course football weekends :rotfl: ). For DF's funeral, many friends and relatives flew into BHM v.Hunstsville since it's serviced by WN (Southwest) so it might work out well for you. Then again, Montgomery might be cheaper and it's a fairly easy (but boring unless it's rush hour) drive from Montgomery to Tuscaloosa. Big picture, smaller markets are usually more expensive than larger markets and smaller to smaller are almost always going to be more than smaller to larger (says the person who spent a year and a half flying to/from PNS to HSV).

Congrats on grad school for your DS, time flies!

We're staying in a Hyatt Centric in BOS

I was just there last week! Small world! It was...fine. Not my favorite, not my least favorite Hyatt Centric but convenient and walkable to Faneuil Hall Marketplace and the Freedom Trail. If you're a Globalist the breakfast was good and the room upgrade was ...fine although I did appreciate not paying for the 2 $6 bottles of water :scared1: in the room.
Enjoy your trip to Ireland!

we are looking at the Keys next winter, Jan-Feb. Any tips?

We've been to Key West the past 3 Januarys now. The weather is nice-high 70s I think? If you're not from the South, it will be humid and we see lots of sunburned people so don't forget sunscreen. It's a busy time down there so plan in advance, things like the day trip to the Dry Tortugas National Park will sell out, etc. Enjoy🌴⛵🏴‍☠️

I have not seen a way to stack the credits from multiple cards. Instacart doesn't let you split payment as far as I can tell. I have a spread sheet to keep track as we have CSR, CS, CFF & CFU.
is it over after june or july? i think it is right?

I was just there last week! Small world! It was...fine. Not my favorite, not my least favorite Hyatt Centric but convenient and walkable to Faneuil Hall Marketplace and the Freedom Trail. If you're a Globalist the breakfast was good and the room upgrade was ...fine although I did appreciate not paying for the 2 $6 bottles of water :scared1: in the room.
Enjoy your trip to Ireland!

We've been to Key West the past 3 Januarys now. The weather is nice-high 70s I think? If you're not from the South, it will be humid and we see lots of sunburned people so don't forget sunscreen. It's a busy time down there so plan in advance, things like the day trip to the Dry Tortugas National Park will sell out, etc. Enjoy🌴⛵🏴‍☠️
you are a woh member? water is free at discoverest or more. (5 nights)

Does anyone know if Southwest transfer point transaction code as a SW purchase?
I am going to be 9K points short from earning the CP this year, but I have both SW business cards and if those transactions count as SW purchases then I'll only be 5,500 short.
I recently tried Blue Apron for the AA portal. It's 3500 points on RR shopping portal. Might take several months to post though, as these are the terms, "Only eligible for new customers. Subscription must be active for at least 45 days."

Not free, but I actually liked the service quite a bit.

yes, I'm Globalist, they said it was free but there was still the price tag on the bottles-which is how I knew they were charging non elites $6
ive been to that hotel solid location i dont remember the price tags though its been a few years i dont pay attention if im being honest i text and say this water is free right (like i remember one place wasnt a park hyatt had 10$ water) but it was free.

yes, I'm Globalist, they said it was free but there was still the price tag on the bottles-which is how I knew they were charging non elites $6
We were just at the WA Bonnet Creek this weekend and they had $6 hang tags on the Evian water in our room 😂 housekeeping still left us 2 free bottles everyday. But I wasn’t surprised at the price being that it’s Waldorf.

By "bad" do you mean expensive? I think that's just relative, depending on when you look and how you value points/miles and of course, the relative fluctuations of flights (and...of course football weekends :rotfl: ). For DF's funeral, many friends and relatives flew into BHM v.Hunstsville since it's serviced by WN (Southwest) so it might work out well for you. Then again, Montgomery might be cheaper and it's a fairly easy (but boring unless it's rush hour) drive from Montgomery to Tuscaloosa. Big picture, smaller markets are usually more expensive than larger markets and smaller to smaller are almost always going to be more than smaller to larger (says the person who spent a year and a half flying to/from PNS to HSV).

Congrats on grad school for your DS, time flies!
Yes, just the expense. I’ll be flying from Columbus or Dayton, Ohio. I’m also spoiled by the fact I’ve been able to book non-stop flights for most of the domestic flights I’ve taken the last few years. I have plenty of WN miles right now, but they don’t fly out of Dayton so I’m thinking of branching out and accumulating miles with another one or two airlines. When he went to school in Nashville we just drove (6ish hours).

Thanks for the congrats! Time does fly! So proud of him!

I have a Delta Companion pass that I may use for DS and I to go to Vegas. When booking this, do I need to use my AMEX Delta card to pay for the 1 fare or can I use any credit card?

We have done Disney several times in the summer, so we are always prepared for Fla weather.
I would love to do Dry Tortugas, but I get seriously seasick, and I am afraid the boat ride would do me in.
Any suggestions on which cities to stay in? Thinking of staying in a couple of places.

Finally received my Citibank savings account bonus of $450 - should have been paid 2 months ago - got fobbed off with various reasons for the delay before they eventually credited it. Quite happy with the account though - currently paying just over 4% and seems to have been fairly consistently higher than Amex or Discover - albeit very slightly.

Does anyone know if there's any offers going on this week or next for $100 VGC? I know there was/is one for $200 right now but this is a gift so I don't want/need to get a $200 one.

Finally received my Citibank savings account bonus of $450 - should have been paid 2 months ago - got fobbed off with various reasons for the delay before they eventually credited it. Quite happy with the account though - currently paying just over 4% and seems to have been fairly consistently higher than Amex or Discover - albeit very slightly.
Unfortunately not an uncommon experience with Citi, one thing about that bank bonus is I will never recommend it to anyone who isn't willing to deal with the issues their bad IT can cause. I had one player close the account, then interest hit right after and the account re-opened itself, then went overdrawn because fees were being charged now that there wasn't enough cash to waive them and the player didn't find out for a month or two until the statements showed up via snail mail (luckily for them Citi fixed it without have to involve CFPB).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter