I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Only if you’ve already gotten the bonus on the Plat. If you take an upgrade offer it locks you out of being able to get the bonus on the card.
yeah, i made the mistaken way back in the day of ignoring the 150k I got 75k for gold, then I was lucky enough to get resy offer for 100k (its since gone up) but the best amex offered me was 60k for a while I think that platinum is the first one you should get.

Another SW/CP question!

So it finally happened to me - I miscalculated and missed getting the 80K SW points (Performance Biz) towards my 23/24 CP. I mistakenly included the AF into the MSR, and missed it by under $100 (thankfully caught this before P2s window closed). I did try to ask for an exception (it was a couple of days after the cutoff), and understandably was denied. Am I able to close that card, and reapply to try for the bonus again? From what I understand, I can only have 1 personal and 1 biz SW card at a time.

Stats:
3/24
SW Performance Biz - approved 10/28
SW Premium Plus - approved 12/27 (met MSR)

Any "gotchas" with this plan? Once I close the card, is it recommended to wait a few business days, or longer, before reapplying? I don't have an immediate need for the CP. We have a trip in July that we'll be booking soon, as long as I can apply mine before then, I'm good with that.

You might actually have 115 days to meet MSR. I would make the spend and see what happens first.

Another SW/CP question!

So it finally happened to me - I miscalculated and missed getting the 80K SW points (Performance Biz) towards my 23/24 CP. I mistakenly included the AF into the MSR, and missed it by under $100 (thankfully caught this before P2s window closed). I did try to ask for an exception (it was a couple of days after the cutoff), and understandably was denied. Am I able to close that card, and reapply to try for the bonus again? From what I understand, I can only have 1 personal and 1 biz SW card at a time.

Stats:
3/24
SW Performance Biz - approved 10/28
SW Premium Plus - approved 12/27 (met MSR)

Any "gotchas" with this plan? Once I close the card, is it recommended to wait a few business days, or longer, before reapplying? I don't have an immediate need for the CP. We have a trip in July that we'll be booking soon, as long as I can apply mine before then, I'm good with that.
I second @wanderlust7 The tracker shows exactly 90 days but Chase usually has unofficial leeway. Reps won't know or say, but historical semi-officially it's 115 days and still good DPs of around 100 ish days. If it's only $100 or so, what does it hurt to try? I'd spend asap and hope for the best.

But to your question, the Biz cards are independent. You an hold all the biz cards at a time, but only 1 personal (without the MDD loophole). So if the spend doesn't work, look at the other biz card or you can indeed close the one and apply again.

You might actually have 115 days to meet MSR. I would make the spend and see what happens first.

So I did put additional spend on the card as soon as I realized (and asked about doing that in my plea!), but they stood firm with the 1/28 cutoff. I've paid off the full amount (including the add'l spend), to prepare to close the card. Would it be worth it to wait a few days?

Nice! They’re 15% cheaper then if you get a DL card today!
Ha, I have had a DL card since 2007. And they are more than the flight I already booked, so I am going to stick with what I have. BUT just confirming the flights did not go up today after the official rollout. So, could possibly be a nice benefit.

I second @wanderlust7 The tracker shows exactly 90 days but Chase usually has unofficial leeway. Reps won't know or say, but historical semi-officially it's 115 days and still good DPs of around 100 ish days. If it's only $100 or so, what does it hurt to try? I'd spend asap and hope for the best.

But to your question, the Biz cards are independent. You an hold all the biz cards at a time, but only 1 personal (without the MDD loophole). So if the spend doesn't work, look at the other biz card or you can indeed close the one and apply again.

Thank you!! I did the spend ASAP, I'll wait a few days to see what happens. They stuck to the 1/28 date on the chat, but even that is 92 days, not 90. Thank you for the info/guidance!

So I did put additional spend on the card as soon as I realized (and asked about doing that in my plea!), but they stood firm with the 1/28 cutoff. I've paid off the full amount (including the add'l spend), to prepare to close the card. Would it be worth it to wait a few days?

After the charge posts, you can check if the points are pending. I'd probably wait until at least the statement close. Or if the charge was near statement close, maybe even the next statement close to be absolutely sure.

While true if these are AA flights but I'm guessing they are JAL through AA. JAL doesn't have to open more partner space regardless of the reason. It's one of the risks of booking via a partner than directly with the airline you're flying.

Good catch. I too have been burned by booking through a partner airline, which saved me points, but then I was out of luck when that flight canceled and more wasn't released to the partner.

I'm a little confused on my SW account. Looks like somehow, I earned a CP for 2023 even though I don't have 135,000 points. I got my bonus from the business card and a support (104,929) which posted on 1/28. I also got the credit card qualifying points (defintiely 10k for the biz, maybe 10k for my new personal that I just opened).
This is confusing. I know they did something for 2023 CP because of the issues in December. I just don't want to fight for my 2024 pass once I earn the SUB for my personal card. My tracker says I have 114,929 of 135K which includes the credit card boost. How did I already earn a 2023 CP?
Did you get caught up in that Dec/January SW mess? Or at least have flights scheduled around that time? I do think they extended some CPs on a case by case basis, without request. But I also thought it was going to just be a short extension, not all of 2023. That's the only thing I can think of.

Hey Costa Rica fans - currently on day2 at the Andaz having just spent 4 nights at the Tabacon Thermal Resort. Just wanted to pop in here and let y’all know - this place is amazing - and I mean the country not just the hotels. We are loving our time here. People and staff are so cheerful and friendly- nothing is too much trouble.

This is our first time in CR and we are already trying to figure out when we can return. I can seriously say my health and wellbeing has improved just being here and escaping the Northeast winter. Just a shame we have to go back - but for the next 48 hrs I am so going to enjoy this

image.jpg

Does anyone know.....I have the JB Biz card (so Barclay). It's a $2k MSR. I've had to cycle obv to get the spend FAST. The AF posted.

Should I pay off everything on the card in hopes the SUB posts at the statement close? I know for the AA cards, if you paid the $99 before the statement closed you normally got the SUB (I'm talking the personal which only required 1 charge plus the AF to get the SUB). I'm just looking at the fact I've already paid about $1700 on the card before the statement closes. Just want to know if I want to make sure I pay in full to get the SUB fast!

Also I REALLY need to figure out what card to get next. It needs to be a biz card. I wanted the Wyndham for Vegas, but we already went. So I can hold off on that till later in the spring. Maybe I'll do an AA card (I can do the Citi Biz) so I have my free luggage lined up for the summer trip to NC, LOL. Is there any other biz card I should look at?

Wanted to share for anyone working on the Chase Bank bonus.
First, I signed up under the $600 offer and was successful in matching to the $900 offer.
Second, I wanted to see if I could get a DD to work without asking my DH to change his (it's easy to do, just it's not his bank account so preferred not to bother with it). I tried some bank transfers that didn't work and then tried switching my eBay payouts. This worked! I sold one Disney Pin on eBay and the measly $16 payout triggered the bonus. So if you have an eBay "business" you could be in luck.
I appreciate the info. I do not have an eBay account, but it gives me a little more hope other payments will work. Chase sent DH an email today about 'get your checking bonus' and it said this at the bottom -

Your direct deposit needs to be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government (!)

He doesn't have an employer or government benefits so I am trying some other things to see if one triggers the bonus.

My AA saga continues. I checked the status of my refund this morning and woohoo they refunded me......$44.14 :headache::headache:. I paid $924.00 ($617.00 travel voucher and $317.00 on a CIU) for a biz class seat -- from my calculations based on future dates (I obv can't see what fare difference was when I booked the ticket in November) the difference in fares would be around $400.00 and change. I'm on hold with AA again; I have to file another refund, say that they refunded the incorrect amount and wait 7-10 days for a response. There is no way to speak to the refund department. If they still can't get the amount correct then I have to e-mail customer relations.

Did I say that I would fly AA again? Rethinking that statement.

Last edited:
Hey Costa Rica fans - currently on day2 at the Andaz having just spent 4 nights at the Tabacon Thermal Resort. Just wanted to pop in here and let y’all know - this place is amazing - and I mean the country not just the hotels. We are loving our time here. People and staff are so cheerful and friendly- nothing is too much trouble.

This is our first time in CR and we are already trying to figure out when we can return. I can seriously say my health and wellbeing has improved just being here and escaping the Northeast winter. Just a shame we have to go back - but for the next 48 hrs I am so going to enjoy this

View attachment 736946
Sounds wonderful! This will be our 3rd time there. Will be at Andaz in 50 days!
How was Tabacon?

Wanted to share for anyone working on the Chase Bank bonus.
First, I signed up under the $600 offer and was successful in matching to the $900 offer.
Second, I wanted to see if I could get a DD to work without asking my DH to change his (it's easy to do, just it's not his bank account so preferred not to bother with it). I tried some bank transfers that didn't work and then tried switching my eBay payouts. This worked! I sold one Disney Pin on eBay and the measly $16 payout triggered the bonus. So if you have an eBay "business" you could be in luck.
How do you find the $900 Chase checking offer?

Never mind, found it via private browsing

I have a new CIC. Ordered some stuff from Costco last night and tried ordering Xbox GC this morning. The GC order was cancelled. Strangely the charge from last night was reversed (even though I got an email saying it shipped already) and the one from the GC is pending.
Should I chalk it up to bad luck or the new card? Try again asap or wait a day or two?

Okay so do I jump on the elevated (but not highest) Delta Biz Plat offer? Or do I do the AA Citi Biz? I wanted the Delta biz in the fall when I was flying delta for a wedding, and needed the GE for my mom. But ended up not needing the GE since I did the MDD this fall. No plans to fly delta soon needing the free checked bags. I do like the new 15% off points if you hold a Delta card. I'd likely downgrade the Plat to the Gold after a year. IDK. I had both gold prior. All that said, Amex has been a hater, and I do have 4 cards currently (though 1 is a charge card).

The citi biz is the standard 65k offer. Waived AF for the first year. I will fly AA to NC and want the free baggage. But I can always get that later if needed. Both require a $4k spend. I just don't know which to jump on. Hmmm.

Did you get caught up in that Dec/January SW mess? Or at least have flights scheduled around that time? I do think they extended some CPs on a case by case basis, without request. But I also thought it was going to just be a short extension, not all of 2023. That's the only thing I can think of.
We did fly around then but we’re lucky to not be effected. DH had the CP at that point. So, I don’t think that’s it.
Thanks for trying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter