I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

This experience soured me a bit with Hyatt. I specifically called to let them know our new arrival time and made sure they saved our room. The front desk assured me it's ok, no worries. If they told me then that I would be charged the 1st night in cash, I would even be ok. The front desk manager told me it's up to Hyatt, there's nothing they can do. I tweeted Hyatt and they opened a case # for me and said they'll reach out to the hotel management team. I haven't seen any follow up message, but my card hasn't been charged or points refunded. Fingers crossed it's all behind me now!

I think all the hotel chains have similar policies, unfortunately. I would think an individual hotel has discretion in whether to enforce it, so it was disappointing to hear that a manager told you you'd be charged even knowing the circumstances. I'm glad you haven't been charged and fingers crossed it stays that way!

Thanks! I only have CSP and Ink Business. Would they work? 🤞

All the UR earning cards can be cashed out at 1 cent per point. If you want to do the 1.25 cpp Pay Yourself Back, on the CSP that is only charities now. Not sure which Ink you have, but the Ink Preferred has 1.25 PYB for internet, cable, phone services and shipping.

If you want to do 1.25 grocery PYB, you need a CSR. If your CSP is older than a year, you could upgrade to a CSR. Annual fee is $550, but you can use the $300 travel credit twice on one AF. You can also 1.25 PYB the AF. After a year, downgrade it back to a CSP or a no fee Freedom.

All the UR earning cards can be cashed out at 1 cent per point. If you want to do the 1.25 cpp Pay Yourself Back, on the CSP that is only charities now. Not sure which Ink you have, but the Ink Preferred has 1.25 PYB for internet, cable, phone services and shipping.

If you want to do 1.25 grocery PYB, you need a CSR. If your CSP is older than a year, you could upgrade to a CSR. Annual fee is $550, but you can use the $300 travel credit twice on one AF. You can also 1.25 PYB the AF. After a year, downgrade it back to a CSP or a no fee Freedom.
Thank you! Do I forfeit any SUBs if I upgrade?
I could cancel my CSP and get a CSR maybe? I’m at 0/24 right now…

You can apply for a CSR if it's been 48 months since your CSP SUB. You'd need to product change the CSP to a Freedom and wait 4 days or close it and wait 30 days.

Upgrading wouldn't affect any future SUBs (unlike Amex).
Thank you again! I already have a Freedom, so I guess I will have to wait 30 days. I think it’s been 60 months almost since I first opened the CSP.

Thanks again for all your help! I truly appreciate it!

Thank you again! I already have a Freedom, so I guess I will have to wait 30 days. I think it’s been 60 months almost since I first opened the CSP.

Thanks again for all your help! I truly appreciate it!

You can have more than one freedom so you can pc and wait 3 or 4 days to apply for the CSR
Not only can you have more than 1 Freedom, there is more than one version of Freedom: Unlimited, Flex and "plain" Freedom which I believe is only available by downgrading.

United changed equipment for our flight to Ireland and now I am not sitting near DH and all available seats are worse than what I have. It's not so bad because it's just DH and I, but I would not be happy if I was flying with children. Seriously.... what is going on?

DId any of y'all do the Chase checking/savings thing with the $600 SUB? I opened both accounts and my $300 checking has posted, but nothing (the $200 for svgs and the $100 for doing both at the same time) is even pending for the savings yet.

I'm just wondering how long it has been taking for other people...

United changed equipment for our flight to Ireland and now I am not sitting near DH and all available seats are worse than what I have. It's not so bad because it's just DH and I, but I would not be happy if I was flying with children. Seriously.... what is going on?
That happened to me on a United flight from IAD to Frankfurt last Spring. I was flying economy from Houston and meeting my sister at Dulles who was flying for the first time to Europe. Thankfully I was able to play musical seats so we could sit together.. I knew that my seat was changed ahead of time on that second leg.. I just assumed they put her next to me. I’m flying again to Germany next week but going solo. I think I’m going to go to Munich so I can go business class and not have to be next to a stranger. The train to my daughter’s home is not too much further than Frankfurt and I may even stay a night in Munich to sightsee on my own.

. It was broadly announced at the gate the 1st plane got "overfueled" for the size and duration of the flight (I didn't even know that was possible!)
Yes, it's interesting, isn't it? Everything on a plane revolves around weight, even fuel. Not an expert by any means, and i'm sure there is more involved but, they need to be within certain limits for the take off, flight, and even landing. If they have too much for the flight they'd have to burn it before landing. I've heard of flights that had to circle the airport a bit before they could land to burn off fuel. So planes are fueled specifically for each trip. Someone must have read the wrong schedule or fell asleep at the switch. That sucks.
DId any of y'all do the Chase checking/savings thing with the $600 SUB? I opened both accounts and my $300 checking has posted, but nothing (the $200 for svgs and the $100 for doing both at the same time) is even pending for the savings yet.

I'm just wondering how long it has been taking for other people...
When did you open it? The savings account has to maintain the balance for 90 days, then the following Tuesday you should see the bonus post. You should have an email with your dates, or sign in to your personal account for the tracker (if a combined business and personal, won't see the tracker from the combined login) I see it more easily in the app. But if not, they count from open date to calculate for yourself. You should see the bonus on Tuesday of the following week 98% of the time. Sometimes Wednesday.

Hoping to get help with a couple questions about PC to a CSR from CSP:

1) I think I read that when you PC to a CSR you can double up on the $300 travel credit....how does that work?

2) My priority pass is currently tied to an Amex Plat but I believe the CSR is better. If so how do you attach the benefit to the CSR instead of Amex?

Thanks in advance

Is anyone familiar with the Disney Rewards card and loading points to cards for redemption? We currently have 3 cards. I have 1 with $7 rewards dollars that doesn’t charge a fee and a linked redemption card with $13 on it. I can’t at the seven dollars I have in there to close out the account because I need $10 to add to the $13. I also have a fee bearing Disney Visa card that I’d like to close with $5 points that I can’t add to a $23 redemption card. DH has the no AF Disney Visa with $3 in points and $0 on a redemption card. I don’t know what we were thinking when we opened three of these cards, most of which we no longer use. DH really doesn’t need to reduce any of his limits or close any cards, but I definitely would like to eliminate at least one of mine. Should I just not worry about the small amount of dollars remaining to add to a redemption card and hold onto the redemption cards I have to use later? If I could add the $7 to the $13, that’s 20 bucks toward a gift card. Just curious if anyone has ever called and if they made an exception to allow you to add points if it wasn’t at the $10 minimum? Or is it possible for me to transfer the Disney visa points from one card to another?

I only see "Corporate Gold" in the terms you copied. That's in a completely different line of cards from a personal gold or a business gold card. (AmEx has 3 lines: corporate, small biz aka biz cards, and personal)

AFAIK that list is correct, I only recall it on Plats and some Corp cards. What some people have mentioned is that AU users of the Platinum cards also get their own GE/PreCheck credit, even the free Gold level cards. The Gold level AU cards have nothing to do with the AmEx Gold card or its benefits, in this case its more like a level of service than a product. (You pay for Plat level AUs but they get more of your benefits for the price, like their own Lounge access, which isn't available to the free Gold level AUs) Several DPs from the group here that Personal Platinum Gold level AUs each get the GE or TSA Pre check credit.

Otherwise I haven't heard of personal or Biz Gold cards getting that perk.
Thank you - I wasn't aware of a Corporate Gold card, so I was confused by the terms. I need to look for one more card with Global Entry/TSA precheck so I can get it for all 5 of us then. Thanks!

Hoping to get help with a couple questions about PC to a CSR from CSP:

1) I think I read that when you PC to a CSR you can double up on the $300 travel credit....how does that work?

2) My priority pass is currently tied to an Amex Plat but I believe the CSR is better. If so how do you attach the benefit to the CSR instead of Amex?

Thanks in advance

I don't know on #1, but DH and has both CSR and Amex Plat and he has 2 different priority pass cards. I have them marked with a sharpie (classy I know lol) so I know which is which. Other than the numbers, they look the same.

Thanks! I only have CSP and Ink Business. Would they work? 🤞
I do not know about the CSP as I believe you can only have on CS card per person and P2 does not have one but you can check.

Login to Chase https://ultimaterewardspoints.chase.com/
Select your CSP.
At the top you will see "Earn / Use | xxx,xxx PTS" with an arrow point down click in this section.
You will see a bunch of options, "Pay Yourself Back" will be there (mine was on the top) click on it once you find it.

My Reserve shows:
1679662821453.png

My Ink Cash does not show groceries for PYB.

1679662498017.png

Is anyone familiar with the Disney Rewards card and loading points to cards for redemption? We currently have 3 cards. I have 1 with $7 rewards dollars that doesn’t charge a fee and a linked redemption card with $13 on it. I can’t at the seven dollars I have in there to close out the account because I need $10 to add to the $13. I also have a fee bearing Disney Visa card that I’d like to close with $5 points that I can’t add to a $23 redemption card. DH has the no AF Disney Visa with $3 in points and $0 on a redemption card. I don’t know what we were thinking when we opened three of these cards, most of which we no longer use. DH really doesn’t need to reduce any of his limits or close any cards, but I definitely would like to eliminate at least one of mine. Should I just not worry about the small amount of dollars remaining to add to a redemption card and hold onto the redemption cards I have to use later? If I could add the $7 to the $13, that’s 20 bucks toward a gift card. Just curious if anyone has ever called and if they made an exception to allow you to add points if it wasn’t at the $10 minimum? Or is it possible for me to transfer the Disney visa points from one card to another?
I would say to downgrade the AF one but I don't know if they will let you since you already have a no fee one.

Did you try enrolling the card that has $7 on it with https://www.chase.com/mybonus?

I received 5% on Gas and groceries on my free no AF disney card until 3/31/23. If you did that you could quickly buy some gift cards to get to the minimum $10 to transfer onto the redemption card.

Try the other cards as well to see if you get any special 5% offers to top off to the $10 or $20 if needing a redemption card.

If you do plan to close and you are able to get the $ transferred I would use the redemption card first before closing the account.

Good Luck!

You can apply for a CSR if it's been 48 months since your CSP SUB. You'd need to product change the CSP to a Freedom and wait 4 days or close it and wait 30 days.

Upgrading wouldn't affect any future SUBs (unlike Amex).
Sorry to Hijack the question but wondering if you could answer this.

When downgrading is the original Visa Freedom available? I guess I could do the FU as I believe that is still visa. The Flex is a mastercard which would change my account #.
My memory is terrible but I do have my Reserve card memorized from so much use lol.

Mini freak out this morning. Our SW checkin was 6:55, got up at 6 to check on things. SW app and website down for maintenance! 😱. I keep refreshing until I could log in, about 1/2 hour later. I had DS logged into one device, my account on another. I have EBCI, so did DH, and DS my companion. Should be easy. So we are checked in at B29, B30 and DH is B47. Since I had DS account on the app & mine on the website, I could only upgrade DS. Rookie mistake (I haven't upgraded boarding at check in before.) So now DS will be boarding alone at A15 & we'll board afterwards. Ugh.

ETA. Needed upgraded boarding as we have a connection in HOU and even though it's over an hour, I feel like Chicago airports are not great at on time departures. Lol.

Unfortunately no way to know…usually with Chase the support links(DISboards frown on the R word) last a bit longer than the public offer…but…with the Ink 90k offer the support links died before the public offer ended

You can link them using the App, I can't remember if you have to do it from your personal or business account but it shouldn't be too difficult to figure it out using google. I haven't encountered any downsides, all the cards will appear in your business login, you won't see the business cards in your personal login. I have 6 business cards and 5 personal cards.

I would say to downgrade the AF one but I don't know if they will let you since you already have a no fee one.

Did you try enrolling the card that has $7 on it with https://www.chase.com/mybonus?

I received 5% on Gas and groceries on my free no AF disney card until 3/31/23. If you did that you could quickly buy some gift cards to get to the minimum $10 to transfer onto the redemption card.

Try the other cards as well to see if you get any special 5% offers to top off to the $10 or $20 if needing a redemption card.

If you do plan to close and you are able to get the $ transferred I would use the redemption card first before closing the account.

Good Luck!
Thank you. This is a great idea. There’s still time left for the 5% gas as well.

Sorry to Hijack the question but wondering if you could answer this.

When downgrading is the original Visa Freedom available? I guess I could do the FU as I believe that is still visa. The Flex is a mastercard which would change my account #.
My memory is terrible but I do have my Reserve card memorized from so much use lol.
I'm sure someone else will chime in, but I do believe the OG "plain" Freedom is still available as a PC. Maybe you could SM to ask what cards are available for PC from CSR? They won't PC but might answer what's possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter