• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great suggestion! I had never used the Amex chat; it was very convenient. They were able to enroll me in the Priority Pass benefit and it only took about 5 minutes.
How do you go about using the passes? I assume they just swipe your Hilton biz card? I hadn't even thought of this as a workaround to the guest limit on the normal PP memberships, so thanks so much for mentioning it. I'd kind of written the Hilton biz card benefit off, thinking, well, I already have PP.

How do you go about using the passes? I assume they just swipe your Hilton biz card? I hadn't even thought of this as a workaround to the guest limit on the normal PP memberships, so thanks so much for mentioning it. I'd kind of written the Hilton biz card benefit off, thinking, well, I already have PP.

They would swipe the PP card as usual, but the one tied to the Hilton biz would only have 10 visits.

If both the regular PP and the Hilton biz PP are under your name, I wonder if they would let you bring 2 guests on the regular PP and the rest on the Hilton biz PP. I think usually you can't use multiple regular PP (under the same person from different cards) to bring in additional guests.

Thank you all for the responses about the aviator business card. I just got an email about paperless billing. Lol. So I checked and i only have a 900 dollar limit. Lol. Can I move credit from a personal card? If not then I will be making multiple payments in a month.
Congrats! Yes, you should be able to move personal to business credit. Also business to business but not business to personal. For people with existing cards, most times the call is asking if you want to reallocate existing credit to the new card.

I got a 1k limit but I have no current Barclays cards so I'm stuck for now. Fortunately it's only a 2k MSR so I'll make it work.
I searched this thread and Google but didn't find an answer. I have Priority Pass through my CSR and it's activated and been used. I also have 10 free passes through my Hilton Honors Business, but I cannot figure out how to claim these passes. When I try to click through the AmEx site, it takes me to a registration page that appears like it is going to charge me the annual PP membership fee. Any tips on how to redeem this benefit without getting charged? Also, it says I can use them for guests. Can I use 5 passes at one time (me and 4 guests)?
Yes, you could take 9 guests all at once if you wanted to use all 10 in one visit. The only limit is if the lounge itself has any kind of guest limit policy.

Great suggestion! I had never used the Amex chat; it was very convenient. They were able to enroll me in the Priority Pass benefit and it only took about 5 minutes.
I'm glad they helped you. When I had the Hilton Biz, I tried several times to get the PP activated. No one at Amex could figure it out. At one point they had me calling PP only to be told that Amex had to contact them, not me. I eventually gave up and didn't keep the CC at renewal.

I’d just return early. I’ve returned cars a few hours early and got a partial refund based on the hourly/ daily rate in the original booking.
Huh....I just had a 'meh' Hertz experience..... picked up the car in a local town office, it was a smelly junker with maintenance light on..... was supposed to drop it at major airport office the next morning, but due to some scheduling I decided to drop it the evening prior.... for some reason I see they charged ma an extra $10 over the stated cost..... Sigh I guess I'll have to call and see what's up....

So we are planning for a cruise to Iceland late next August. If I book the one I'm leaning towards, we would need to fly into Heathrow and fly home from Reykjavik. Two adults. I can't see pricing that far ahead obviously, but looking at the prices for this August/September....ugh.

Most of my CCs are through Chase (Amazon, Freedom, Freedom Unlimited (was Slate when I got it for a balance transfer), and Southwest). Also have a Discover IT. Have not opened a card in quite awhile, so I'm not worried about hitting any limits there. Excellent credit.

I'd like to start planning ahead and was wondering if anyone had any CC recommendations for international flights. We prefer Delta, but aren't 100% tied to it. We would plan on booking Comfort+/Premium Economy/a mid level class.

Any recommendations would be fantastic. If any more info is needed, happy to comply! Thank you!

I did it, LOL. I cancelled my NC nights and booked Cancun. I decided to book a delta flight on points for the trip there, but I'm going to try to non-rev and cancel the ticket. On the way back I'll non-rev hopefully home. If not at least to the US and get home from there, LOL. It's a month out, but even looking at flights this weekend there is availability. So I'm thinking I should be okay.

It was nice the price per night dropped from 60k to 52k so it was only an 8k top off vs 40k! The BF discovered he has 120k marriott points from when he flew for Delta Private Jets. What's the best way to keep those active? He doesn't have any Marriott cards. He figures he's good to have points for our quick trip, LOL. But we want to make sure he doesn't lose them. He's working on getting back into all his reward accounts. He's locked out of several, and the email attached is his college email he doesn't have access too. Apparently it's been a long struggle to get Delta to change over the email because they keep sending the reset email to his college emails.

A question about using the EBCI and upgraded boarding credits on Southwest CC. We have a trip coming up in July and might as well use some of these credits since I'm planning to cancel the card once the annual fee hits this summer. Am I correct in thinking that I just need to pay for EBCI with the Southwest CC and it will apply a statement credit? Any reason to wait to add EBCI or should I go ahead and do it now? Now the upgraded boarding (that DH has on his Southwest Biz card) that would need to be added/paid for at the gate, if available, correct?
Not sure if I saw a reply for you. For EBCI, you want to buy it sooner than later. Your $75 SW credit from the card with take care of that as a statement credit. For the upgraded boarding, pay at the gate. Same thing, appears as a statement credit.

They would swipe the PP card as usual, but the one tied to the Hilton biz would only have 10 visits.

If both the regular PP and the Hilton biz PP are under your name, I wonder if they would let you bring 2 guests on the regular PP and the rest on the Hilton biz PP. I think usually you can't use multiple regular PP (under the same person from different cards) to bring in additional guests.
You are correct, my CSR and Amex access will be 2 separate PP accounts. Based on what I read on TPG, you can only use one PP account per visit and cannot do what you propose (because that was exactly what I was thinking at first too). It remains to be seen how many of the ten passes we could use during one visit when we use the Amex passes acct. TPG says you can use all 10 passes in one visit to bring you and 9 guests. If I can get access to my new PP acct before next Friday, I will test this theory and report back.

You are correct, my CSR and Amex access will be 2 separate PP accounts. Based on what I read on TPG, you can only use one PP account per visit and cannot do what you propose (because that was exactly what I was thinking at first too). It remains to be seen how many of the ten passes we could use during one visit when we use the Amex passes acct. TPG says you can use all 10 passes in one visit to bring you and 9 guests. If I can get access to my new PP acct before next Friday, I will test this theory and report back.
I am curious how all the PP stuff works too. I have never used it, but have it with my Venture X. It also appears it's a benefit of my US Bank Altitude reserve, but I don't their benefit is as good.

So we are planning for a cruise to Iceland late next August. If I book the one I'm leaning towards, we would need to fly into Heathrow and fly home from Reykjavik. Two adults. I can't see pricing that far ahead obviously, but looking at the prices for this August/September....ugh.

Most of my CCs are through Chase (Amazon, Freedom, Freedom Unlimited (was Slate when I got it for a balance transfer), and Southwest). Also have a Discover IT. Have not opened a card in quite awhile, so I'm not worried about hitting any limits there. Excellent credit.

I'd like to start planning ahead and was wondering if anyone had any CC recommendations for international flights. We prefer Delta, but aren't 100% tied to it. We would plan on booking Comfort+/Premium Economy/a mid level class.

Any recommendations would be fantastic. If any more info is needed, happy to comply! Thank you!
We are doing a European Cruise next May. Leaving from Rome and coming back from Athens. I went to Google Flights and put in the info to see what airlines came up. A lot came up under United. So, I got the United Biz card for myself, DH, DS and DD. Will be getting flights for the 4 of us plus DS's girlfriend. We have probably around 400,000 United Points and we also have UR's if we need to transfer some to make the bookings. Our flights will open up in June - so hoping they are not too bad!!

My DS’s girlfriend is looking for a first credit card. Her credit score is 680. She is one year out of college and has a good job with income in the mid 5 figures. Any advice for a good first card. Do you think a freedom card would be achievable?

I am curious how all the PP stuff works too. I have never used it, but have it with my Venture X. It also appears it's a benefit of my US Bank Altitude reserve, but I don't their benefit is as good.
I think your Venture X provides the PP membership that includes unlimited access for you and 2 guests like the CSR. Maybe your Altitude is like my Amex Hilton, which only gives the "Select" PP level membership which is 10 passes per year. It would seem that the free Select membership would actually be more beneficial to families with more than one child since you can bring more than 2 guests by using up to all 10 multiple passes in one visit.

The Venture X PP is a good one since you can add up to 4 AUs for free and they get their own PP. Plus I think they still include restaurants, unlike the Amex ones.

@FreeDiningFanatic That would be another option for you assuming 5/24 isn't a concern. Google tells me there's no minimum age for Cap One AUs, so you could even add kids.

this is a trip I'm considering if you figure out a good deal feel free to post :)

My DS’s girlfriend is looking for a first credit card. Her credit score is 680. She is one year out of college and has a good job with income in the mid 5 figures. Any advice for a good first card. Do you think a freedom card would be achievable?
She's never had a card? Maybe. Does she have anything else like a car loan or a student loan she's been paying?
Worth a try. Chase likes to see some credit history it seems, at least with college students. As you said, she has graduated and is employed.

If denied, try Discover.

I've used the Priority pass three times now, once at MCO and had DD and DSIL as my guests. Lounge was a nice reprieve from the gate area. You need to sign up, and the PP app is excellent. Just type in your airport and it will show you what places you can use. The restaurant credit is excellent. For IAD, I used Chef Geoff's to have dinner before my super late international flight. Got a total of $56 off of the bill ($28 pp). At IAH, I was able to use the KLM lounge with my PP. It was 9am so I had breakfast and a mimosa. The Cap One lounges are only open at DFW so far, and soon to be at IAD and Denver by the end of this year! Looking forward to using it one day!

My DD had some issues, with a decent credit score and a good job a few years ago. She finally started with a Cap One Quicksilver, they had something on the website that would tell you if you would be approved without a hard pull.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter