• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've canceled Japan so my dl, Hyatt and Hilton balances will look good until I start booking for next year. It's got to be open by next Sept right? If I have to cancel a 3rd time I think it'll be awhile before I consider it again. Also don't think anyone expected them to stay this way for so long. Oh well.

Saturday will be four weeks since I applied for a CIU--my first business card. The day after I applied I got an email that I had to confirm identity, which was a quick phone call. There was a hard pull on my credit, but I have had no other indication one way or the other since then. I was at 2/24 at the time of application.
This is so frustrating as I'm holding off on a major tuition payment, but I'm about out of time.
Is this normal? Is there anything I should do? Isn't there a time limit when they have to let me know?

Thanks, my husband did call. That's the sticky part about being the main driver in this hobby but applying in P2's name...he had to call. I coached him as best as I could and had him read some info, but the result was very unsatisfying. They apologized for the long time and said it would be two more weeks before they decided and they could not expedite it.
Immediately, we got an email thanking us for applying for a Chase business card and they would let us know within 30 days. Exactly the same email we got when we first applied. It's like starting all over again. Very frustrating. My husband doesn't see any point in a Recon call because it's not a rejection.

Update: Got the email today that the CIU was approved! Seems at it took was a call to grease the wheels. New card arriving in 3-5 days!

Hi everyone. Newbie here. My DH and I are contemplating buying DVC direct. We have cash to cover all but $9000 of the cost, which we will have in the next couple of months.

1. I’d like to get a card with 0% interest to cover the 9000. Will pay off by end of year.
  2. I’m thinking of applying for the CSP to cover the rest (and maybe have DH apply for one also to maximize points.) Can pay off immediately.
  3. Does the disney card make sense for 0%? Will they even do 0% for DVC purchase? If not, any recs?
  4. Does the order in which I apply matter?
  5. Am I missing anything else?
Thanks for thoughts. This is new to me. Info about us below.

Answering questions from stickie #2:

We have not applied for any credit cards in the last 24 months. We have one card we have used for the last 5 years or longer, through our credit union. We both have excellent credit.

We do not spend a lot monthly on a card. Mostly use it for big expenses, unusual purchases, and expenses.

We pay off our credit card each month. Fly out of Philadelphia. Mostly fly American, Spirit and Frontier. SW isn’t a great choice for us.

As far as goals, I’d love to offset travel costs in any way, like using points for plane tickets.

We travel to Orlando usually once a year in Feb (sometimes more often) and most years fly somewhere else as well. Plan to fly to Mexico City in 2023, probably summer. Want to get out to Disneyland in the next year or two or three also.

Our travel party is two adults and two kids - age 11 and 3.
:welcome: We have owned DVC since 2001…best decision ever

I’m not sure if the DVC purchase on a Disney card would qualify…I think I’ve read reports that it has…but maybe someone else knows definitely

If you and your DH are opening a CSP…make sure whoever opens it first…then generates a support link for the other to apply through since you get additional URs

I've canceled Japan so my dl, Hyatt and Hilton balances will look good until I start booking for next year. It's got to be open by next Sept right? If I have to cancel a 3rd time I think it'll be awhile before I consider it again. Also don't think anyone expected them to stay this way for so long. Oh well.
I haven't even tried again. At this point I want to get back to see my great aunt once more before she dies (her health isn't great) but I really don't know whether that is going to happen.

Hi everyone. Newbie here. My DH and I are contemplating buying DVC direct. We have cash to cover all but $9000 of the cost, which we will have in the next couple of months.

1. I’d like to get a card with 0% interest to cover the 9000. Will pay off by end of year.
  2. I’m thinking of applying for the CSP to cover the rest (and maybe have DH apply for one also to maximize points.) Can pay off immediately.
  3. Does the disney card make sense for 0%? Will they even do 0% for DVC purchase? If not, any recs?
  4. Does the order in which I apply matter?
  5. Am I missing anything else?
Thanks for thoughts. This is new to me. Info about us below.

Answering questions from stickie #2:

We have not applied for any credit cards in the last 24 months. We have one card we have used for the last 5 years or longer, through our credit union. We both have excellent credit.

We do not spend a lot monthly on a card. Mostly use it for big expenses, unusual purchases, and expenses.

We pay off our credit card each month. Fly out of Philadelphia. Mostly fly American, Spirit and Frontier. SW isn’t a great choice for us.

As far as goals, I’d love to offset travel costs in any way, like using points for plane tickets.

We travel to Orlando usually once a year in Feb (sometimes more often) and most years fly somewhere else as well. Plan to fly to Mexico City in 2023, probably summer. Want to get out to Disneyland in the next year or two or three also.

Our travel party is two adults and two kids - age 11 and 3.
The Disney card does get you 0% for 6 months.
Another option is a Chase business card, the Ink Cash (CIC) and Ink Unlimited (CIU) both come with 12 months no interest. A couple of years ago we replaced our HVAC unit, DH and I each opened a CIU (earns 1.5%), we earned over 120K URs (back when the SUB was 50K).
You would apply for one, then after you are approved you can refer your husband. The current SUB for the CIU is 75,000 URs with MSR of $7,500.

If you have a side hustle you can apply for a Chase business card, apply as a Sole Proprietorship using your name as the business name and your social.

ugh... I can't believe they haven't fully opened. It's really not cool, because the Japanese nationals are free to travel. At least their economy isn't doing as well as the US so the dollar is strong.

When are you thinking about rebooking?

Hey everyone, we are thinking about South Africa for our 2024 vacation. We are definitely wanting to stay at an all-inclusive resort that includes game drives. How far in advance do we have to book? There will be 7 of us as my BFF wants to join us with her 2 kids. We don’t want 4 or 5 star luxury resorts, because we just can’t afford it. How many nights would you all recommend? Any recommendations? Or is there somewhere else I should look at for game drives besides South Africa?

Sorry for all the questions.

The Disney card does get you 0% for 6 months.
Another option is a Chase business card, the Ink Cash (CIC) and Ink Unlimited (CIU) both come with 12 months no interest. A couple of years ago we replaced our HVAC unit, DH and I each opened a CIU (earns 1.5%), we earned over 120K URs (back when the SUB was 50K).
You would apply for one, then after you are approved you can refer your husband. The current SUB for the CIU is 75,000 URs with MSR of $7,500.

If you have a side hustle you can apply for a Chase business card, apply as a Sole Proprietorship using your name as the business name and your social.
Thank you for the ideas!

I’m not sure if the DVC purchase on a Disney card would qualify…I think I’ve read reports that it has…but maybe someone else knows definitely

If you and your DH are opening a CSP…make sure whoever opens it first…then generates a support link for the other to apply through since you get additional URs
Thank you!

I haven't even tried again. At this point I want to get back to see my great aunt once more before she dies (her health isn't great) but I really don't know whether that is going to happen.

Have you looked into the family visa? You may be able to use it. Not sure what family requires it but it's one of the ways in. And they are able to go off and do whatever without tours.

ugh... I can't believe they haven't fully opened. It's really not cool, because the Japanese nationals are free to travel. At least their economy isn't doing as well as the US so the dollar is strong.

When are you thinking about rebooking?

I'll still rebook for Sept and go into the end of Aug if I need to. It's when I want to go for lots of reasons.

I'll probably book delta again and then keep an eye on what ANA is doing. But I don't want to rely on trying to get biz via VS as I know it's going to get harder. The hyatt in okinawa went up to a cat 5 so I'd had it booked at the lower rate too. Oh well.

It's the recommended velocity for all chase cards.

What/when did you get before the cic?
These are the cards I've gotten over the last 24 months
American Express Delta Reserve SkyMiles 03/2022
Chase Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Business 02/2022
Chase Marriott Bonvoy 09/2021
Chase Sapphire Preferred 06/2021

@julie-o

Copied from Chase Disney Credit Cards:

Become a Disney
Vacation Club®
Member​

0% APR FINANCING FOR 6 MONTHS3

Get 0% promotional APR financing for 6 months on the amount of the purchase of a real estate interest, including a Member Add On, in a Disney Vacation Club® Resort that is charged to your Disney® Visa® Card. Your standard purchase APR will apply after the promotional APR expires. Offer is not valid for Disney Vacation Club annual dues or loan payments. Developer financing is separate from the credit card offer and is not guaranteed.3

Welcome Home! We've been members since 2000 and love our DVC stays.

Is it a bad idea to for a Disney chase visa and a CSP the same week?

You and your player 2 could each open one card the same week and then in about 3 months refer the other to each open the respective cards. Usually the recommended time period is 3 months in between cards. Plus Chase has a rule of 5/24, meaning 5 personal cards in 24 months.

These are the cards I've gotten over the last 24 months
American Express Delta Reserve SkyMiles 03/2022
Chase Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Business 02/2022
Chase Marriott Bonvoy 09/2021
Chase Sapphire Preferred 06/2021

If you got it in the beginning of june vs the end it's prob ok. It might be ok otherwise.

If you have a big spend coming up and it's the only way you can meet the spend it's worth trying. But if you can wait I would simply because most of what you've gotten are chsse cards in the last year. Unless you feel ok with recon of needed.

It's only a recommendation but people also rec it all over because it seems to keep things happy with chase. Going a little sooner once in awhile can be ok but not always.

If you got it in the beginning of june vs the end it's prob ok. It might be ok otherwise.

If you have a big spend coming up and it's the only way you can meet the spend it's worth trying. But if you can wait I would simply because most of what you've gotten are chsse cards in the last year. Unless you feel ok with recon of needed.

It's only a recommendation but people also rec it all over because it seems to keep things happy with chase. Going a little sooner once in awhile can be ok but not always.
The June card is listed as 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter