I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
:tongue:
"...2 hours to get on an elevator to go up to our room. The parking garage will take about 30mins-1hr to park and/or leave. "

My canceled condo had reserved parking on the same floor so no need for the elevator, but I knew that we'd need extra time to get out of the garage. I was not thinking an hour. This review was for a 10th floor parking and 20th floor condo. I think I'll spend the extra $250 for 6th floor parking and condo lol

Reason #42859 why I prefer hotel over AirBnB/Vrbo/etc:

I spent hours combing listings, finding the right condo with hosts I feel trustworthy and reviews I felt were good (enough). Paid for half my AirBnB stay and, thankfully PYB'd via UR. Talked my friends into selecting the same location in Panama City Beach (a place I'm not super excited to go play softball in July) only to have the hosts cancel on me today due to selling. :headache: At least it's today and not the week before/day of my stay, but still. My biggest fear is showing up to find whatever I've book is not available to me.

The new owner requires me to book via Vacasa. That means my UR PYB would be at 1x for at least half the stay assuming she honors the same pricing because I will not have enough dining charges to offset that. That's an extra 50k UR. :headache: PCB is not cheap. I could do Disney cheaper.

So, I'm once again combing AirBnb trying to find a unit at the same complex, hopefully with the same dedicated parking spot deal.

I thought this was the final blow to my cruddy week, but after this (and a whole host of other things this week), I pulled my yoga pants out of my drawer to find a loose thread/seam. That just made me break down lol

But, in other news, I ordered a new dishwasher from Costco because it was on sale, I have the funds for it and it'll put me close to finishing my CIU MSR so at least there's that.

:tongue:
"...2 hours to get on an elevator to go up to our room. The parking garage will take about 30mins-1hr to park and/or leave. "

My canceled condo had reserved parking on the same floor so no need for the elevator, but I knew that we'd need extra time to get out of the garage. I was not thinking an hour. This review was for a 10th floor parking and 20th floor condo. I think I'll spend the extra $250 for 6th floor parking and condo lol

I’ve only been in/through PCB once and my impression of it was a stuck in the 90s spring break/tourist trap. Perhaps there are lovely areas I didn’t see. But I would be devastated to drop $3k to stay in the area I saw.

There are some lovely and charming 30A communities. If it’s gonna take an hour to park and now even more $, is it worth it to stay in the 30A snd drive in to PCB when needed? Sorry, I’m totally unfamiliar with how volleyball works.

Looking to book an air bnb. I vaguely remember there was something about a chase discount. Can anyone remind me?

Looking to book an air bnb. I vaguely remember there was something about a chase discount. Can anyone remind me?
I’m also considering an airbnb for our few days on Maui next month. Am I correct that if I pay with my CSR, I can use my URs and PYB at 50% more? My only concern is the cancellation policy…I don’t plan on not going but obviously not going if anyone gets sick…

I’m also considering an airbnb for our few days on Maui next month. Am I correct that if I pay with my CSR, I can use my URs and PYB at 50% more? My only concern is the cancellation policy…I don’t plan on not going but obviously not going if anyone gets sick…
We recently booked an Airbnb and found that cancellations policies varied widely between properties. Same was true of VRBO. That went into our decision as to which property to book. We ended up booking one that allowed cancellations up to 1 or 2 weeks in advance, I believe.

Another question…
First time flying SW with companion. I know we must check in separate. What’s the easiest way to do this? Can my DD set up her own SW account and add her reservation and do it from there?
If I were to purchase early boarding, does that cover her also? Or would I need to board first and try to save her a seat? And does the early boarding cover all segments of the flight?
Thanks!

I’ve only been in/through PCB once and my impression of it was a stuck in the 90s spring break/tourist trap. Perhaps there are lovely areas I didn’t see. But I would be devastated to drop $3k to stay in the area I saw.

There are some lovely and charming 30A communities. If it’s gonna take an hour to park and now even more $, is it worth it to stay in the 30A snd drive in to PCB when needed? Sorry, I’m totally unfamiliar with how volleyball works.
I agree with you, very aged it seems. While this tournament isn't stay to play, we do need to stay near-ish the rest of the team so the players can hang out during off time and we'll like done out together a few times. This will be out most expensive softball tourney of the summer season and it's still cheaper than the one we had planned to do in Colorado. Travel sports are not cheap, but I only have a few years left.

Another question…
First time flying SW with companion. I know we must check in separate. What’s the easiest way to do this? Can my DD set up her own SW account and add her reservation and do it from there?
If I were to purchase early boarding, does that cover her also? Or would I need to board first and try to save her a seat? And does the early boarding cover all segments of the flight?
Thanks!
EBCI does not cover the companion. She can set up her own acct, but she doesn't have to. She/you can go to the "check in" page and just put in her reservation number and name. I usually have one ressie pulled up on my phone and one pulled up on my computer and click them simultaneously. Sometimes the companion is automatically checked in with the CP holder, but definitely do not count on that.

EBCI does not cover the companion. She can set up her own acct, but she doesn't have to. She/you can go to the "check in" page and just put in her reservation number and name. I usually have one ressie pulled up on my phone and one pulled up on my computer and click them simultaneously. Sometimes the companion is automatically checked in with the CP holder, but definitely do not count on that.
The last couple of times I flew Southwest EBCI did cover the companion also.

The last couple of times I flew Southwest EBCI did cover the companion also.

According to prior posts the CP is included in EBCI, I think it's something that changed somewhat recently. I will admit though that it does make me nervous, my DD8 is my companion and I didn't purchase EBCI for her but I did for the rest of us. I guess if for some reason it doesn't work she and my DH can switch boarding passes.

For those of you that have done Diamond Head hike in Oahu, would you recommend morning hike or 4PM hike?

For those of you that have done Diamond Head hike in Oahu, would you recommend morning hike or 4PM hike?
Morning 1 million percent. From a Hawaii trip report that I did in June 2021:

- DH and I hiked Diamond Head. And it’s noteworthy because I got to put my Disney skillz to use, because getting to Diamond Head is basically like rope dropping SDD.
The park opens at 6am. We left HHV at 5:17 and arrived at Diamond Head at about 5:30. We were the 6th car in line, and the line QUICKLY grew behind us. We got to watch the sunrise while we waited for the gate to open, which it did at precisely 5:58 (a local heading in on foot gave us a heads up on the time). We paid $10 to park, parked, and then bought trail tickets ($5 apiece at a kiosk). It took us an hour total to get to the top and get back down. I’m so so so glad we did it this way. Heading up, we could go at whatever pace we wanted, and there was plenty of room to pass or be passed. And, obviously, we weren’t sharing the path with anyone coming down from the summit. Even when we were coming down at 7am, there was a steady stream of people both going up and coming down, such that the “going up” folks were basically walking in a single file line, at the pace of the person in front of them. Also, we had zero crowds at the summit to take pictures, and also at the lookout points along the way.

Question - If my husband and I both open a CSR card, would it hurt our credit to close one of the lines in about a year? It would be nice to get all the bonus points but wouldn’t make sense to pay the annual fee for both after the first year.

Question - If my husband and I both open a CSR card, would it hurt our credit to close one of the lines in about a year? It would be nice to get all the bonus points but wouldn’t make sense to pay the annual fee for both after the first year.
Instead of closing the card you can product change to a Freedom Flex or Freedom Unlimited no annual fee card. Keeps your line of credit open for no fee. Also some people like to maximize the 5x categories of the Freedom Flex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter