I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my post office passport appointment after midnight. Tried to do it at 9 pm Pacific by changing my computer time to Eastern, the calendar opened up, but it errored out at the confirmation. Maybe there's some check against the post office time.

Thanks everyone for the advice! Interesting that kids' passports seem to be faster. I'll probably waffle back and forth for doing expedited until the appointment lol. Thanks @ski_mom for the photo app rec! Was thinking about DIY, but wasn't sure how easy it is.

Should no longer be at 5/24 by the end of the month, should have 2 spots open. If I already have a Freedom Visa can still get the sign up bonus for the Freedom Flex Master Card? Also looking at getting Chase Hotel card as well. Looking for one that can get me the most nights at a standard room, not necessarily a couple nights a fancy hotel. Possibly interested in a United chase card instead but United is my least favorite airline. Goal is just for free nights and free flights. (Already have CSP, CFU, CF, & SW Plus cards).
Yes you can get the sign up bonus for the CFF
I don’t have any of the Chase hotel cards so hopefully someone else can help with those

Anyone know if the current SWA change policy includes a free change of airports,or do destinations have to remain the same? I'm seeing a major glitch on my bookings- I could change it online if that's allowed or I can wait on hold for 90 minutes..... this is making me leery of flying at all right now.....:headache::headache::headache: Nope I guess I will have to wait it out. Apparently one of our 3 bookings is now under the wrong name too. WTH is going on? I have 2 under ds's name, I took notes carefully and it's my booking....

I guess I am behind the times but is it a new thing for companies to want to make direct deposits to your debit card rather than direct deposit into your bank account? My insurance company wants me to pick a payment method and they recommend the debit card method as the fastest. I really don't get it. Anybody have insight into this?

I guess I am behind the times but is it a new thing for companies to want to make direct deposits to your debit card rather than direct deposit into your bank account? My insurance company wants me to pick a payment method and they recommend the debit card method as the fastest. I really don't get it. Anybody have insight into this?
We were recommended to do this with our Allstate claim payments last year, but after the rep explained it more to us... (it comes through Zelle, you need to have the app and link your card or something), we decided to just do direct deposit into the bank account. We had the money by the next day, so it wasn't really any slower to us. Maybe we would have gotten the "debit card" payment immediately, but waiting less than 24 hours for direct deposit to the bank was worth it and easier for us personally.

Anyone know if the current SWA change policy includes a free change of airports,or do destinations have to remain the same? I'm seeing a major glitch on my bookings- I could change it online if that's allowed or I can wait on hold for 90 minutes..... this is making me leery of flying at all right now.....:headache::headache::headache: Nope I guess I will have to wait it out. Apparently one of our 3 bookings is now under the wrong name too. WTH is going on? I have 2 under ds's name, I took notes carefully and it's my booking....
......annnndddd....it gets better. between the time when I wrote this,and just checked again online, the free change notice box is gone. What.Is. Happening.

Just got an email that our Sunday flight at 11am in December was moved to after 3.
That has us just back home after bedtime on a school night for the kids.
JetBlue said I can change flights for free but the Sat flight only has extra legroom seats available. Will they let me pick those?
Really not happy with my options.

I stick to $1000. The only thing they say to me is that it has to be pin based debit and mine does check the receipt. So I do a swipe and then sometimes say something like "four more swipes."
So you do 5 swipes because you are using $200 GCs? What do they check the receipt for?

Just got an email that our Sunday flight at 11am in December was moved to after 3.
JetBlue said I can change flights for free but the Sat flight only has extra legroom seats available. Will they let me pick those?
I'm not sure why they said you can change for free. There are no change fees anyway right? I would call
and try to get the EMS. Tell them it is only thing left. They just recently changed my Dec flight but
luckily it was for a time I wanted anyway but they got rid of the route earlier in the year.

I'm going to keep an eye on JetBlue. Use to be my favorite airline but lately (even Precovid) I got
some questionable changes or long delays which rarely happened before.

I'm guessing it's the difference between the general no change fees but you have to pay the price difference of a new flight vs. they moved your flight by so many hours so you can change to another flight for free. Not sure the upgraded seats would be included though.
Oh yes that would be nice. Wonder how that would work with only EMS left. Hopefully she can get them.
After all it is not her fault schedule changed.

We were recommended to do this with our Allstate claim payments last year, but after the rep explained it more to us... (it comes through Zelle, you need to have the app and link your card or something), we decided to just do direct deposit into the bank account. We had the money by the next day, so it wasn't really any slower to us. Maybe we would have gotten the "debit card" payment immediately, but waiting less than 24 hours for direct deposit to the bank was worth it and easier for us personally.

We just did this for our payment from esurance when DS totaled his car. We didn't have to have Zelle (I don't think since I'm not even sure what it is lol) - but I did give them my debit card number. Before we even got off the phone I could see it in my bank account. Not sure why they prefer that now, but that's what we did.

We just did this for our payment from esurance when DS totaled his car. We didn't have to have Zelle (I don't think since I'm not even sure what it is lol) - but I did give them my debit card number. Before we even got off the phone I could see it in my bank account. Not sure why they prefer that now, but that's what we did.
wow that is fast, lol

And just like that I JUST received an email my nonstop coming back from MCO in December has now been been moved up 4 hours PLUS a layover. Apparently they are discontinuing the route. If I would have
known that in May I would have booked Southwest or another airline. I know airlines are scrambling
but this moving of flights at inconvenient times and layovers is irritating. I am beyond aggravated.

Last edited:
Hey there CC friends - I just wanted to check in and say hello. I'm still alive - I've just withdrawn from some internet forums a bit in recent months. I got a new job with the bank and it's keeping me busier but also much more lucrative earning potential so that's good. I also have gotten a little burnt out with the churning grind after doing this for 7 yeras. I'm still getting cards and playing the game, but just trying to focus on aspects of it that make me happy and feel less like a side job!

We've had a busy summer - did our typical Captiva and Myrtle Beach trips. I also bought a new house and we moved so the last 3 months have been CRAZY with all of that going on.

I hope everybody here is doing well! I'd imagine I'll spend more time on the DIS again when I have a trip coming up. I continue to maintain the DISchurners site, and get new users added to the roster so don't hesitate to send them my way when they pop up on the thread!

Hey there CC friends - I just wanted to check in and say hello. I'm still alive - I've just withdrawn from some internet forums a bit in recent months. I got a new job with the bank and it's keeping me busier but also much more lucrative earning potential so that's good. I also have gotten a little burnt out with the churning grind after doing this for 7 yeras. I'm still getting cards and playing the game, but just trying to focus on aspects of it that make me happy and feel less like a side job!

We've had a busy summer - did our typical Captiva and Myrtle Beach trips. I also bought a new house and we moved so the last 3 months have been CRAZY with all of that going on.

I hope everybody here is doing well! I'd imagine I'll spend more time on the DIS again when I have a trip coming up. I continue to maintain the DISchurners site, and get new users added to the roster so don't hesitate to send them my way when they pop up on the thread!
Congrats on your new home and thanks for all you do here:flower:

Congrats on the job and the new home. Wow! You're missed around here.

And just like that I JUST received an email my nonstop coming back from MCO in December has now been been moved up 4 hours PLUS a layover. Apparently they are discontinuing the route. If I would have
known that in May I would have booked Southwest or another airline. I know airlines are scrambling
but this moving of flights at inconvenient times and layovers is irritating. I am beyond aggravated.

If the SW flight is available at a price/points you'd pay I would tell jb you want a refund for the return. That change should qualify for one. If you booked as a rt that might be harder to do.

Good for you! We are proud of all you've managed to do. Keep it up and keep us informed of all your successes. Your leadership and ability to stay focused and organized shows in what you've done here, so it's easy to see why you are surging forward in your career. And, it appears you keep it balanced for your family.

So, we will enjoy the occasional visit and any bits and pieces from the reddit world. Once you get to that FIRE, perhaps there will be more time for internet fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter