I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back from Disney without a MSR and spent a ton! Had a great time seeing family.

Just got a large bill that I can pay with cc. Due date is 12/14/2021. Was thinking about having P2 apply for a CIC supported by me. Does Chase give auto approvals on the weekends? Or should we wait for Monday?

Since it will be a sole proprietor business, if approved, will the CIC show up in P2's personal Chase log in? Or will he need to set up a biz log in later, after getting the card.

And most importantly, P2 (DH) and I are currently working remotely in FL for the next few months. Lucky us! We currently have our mail forwarded but it takes ages to get (and I think some mail won't get forwarded and will get returned to sender, like CC). Will Chase mail new cards to a different address then our home address? Can P2 maybe use the FL as his "business" address and have any approved cards mailed here? We have always gotten all cards (personal and biz) mailed to our home address.
I have a trip booked with dd for January 2nd. Can you pls let me know what the crowd levels were like in the lines, shops and restaurants?

I have a trip booked with dd for January 2nd. Can you pls let me know what the crowd levels were like in the lines, shops and restaurants?

We stayed at OKW and Marriott Cypress Harbour over 8 nights. Unfortunately, the closest we got to the actual parks was to Disney Springs on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. There were quite a lot of people there that day but nothing too bad since we were outside most of the time.

It was a family get together trip. My DD22 lives right behind the MK and my Aunt also lives super close to Disney. We were invited to my Aunt's home for Thanksgiving. She had 20 adults and 5 children over on Thanksgiving Day.

DD20 flew in for the Thanksgiving weekend and stayed with DD22. DH & I and my parents stayed at OKW and MCH.

Every restaurant we went to was hopping. We ate at all off site restaurants. The longest line to eat was breakfast at First Watch (1.5 hour+), which in hindsight we should have went elsewhere, but the hostess estimated the initial wait as 45 mins and then it was another 15-20 mins each time we asked. We are still bitter about it because DH and DD20 didn't get to eat, they had to leave for the airport in order to make her flight out on Sunday.

Other than that, we ate dinners early, so no waits any where but the restaurants were at full capacity most everywhere.

We stayed at OKW and Marriott Cypress Harbour over 8 nights. Unfortunately, the closest we got to the actual parks was to Disney Springs on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. There were quite a lot of people there that day but nothing too bad since we were outside most of the time.

It was a family get together trip. My DD22 lives right behind the MK and my Aunt also lives super close to Disney. We were invited to my Aunt's home for Thanksgiving. She had 20 adults and 5 children over on Thanksgiving Day.

DD20 flew in for the Thanksgiving weekend and stayed with DD22. DH & I and my parents stayed at OKW and MCH.

Every restaurant we went to was hopping. We ate at all off site restaurants. The longest line to eat was breakfast at First Watch (1.5 hour+), which in hindsight we should have went elsewhere, but the hostess estimated the initial wait as 45 mins and then it was another 15-20 mins each time we asked. We are still bitter about it because DH and DD20 didn't get to eat, they had to leave for the airport in order to make her flight out on Sunday.

Other than that, we ate dinners early, so no waits any where but the restaurants were at full capacity most everywhere.
Thank you! Was it hard being so close to Disney but not going to the park? I'd have to go to at least MK!

We are a bit worried about the crowd levels at the parks. I won't be renting a vehicle; I booked a room at Swan Reserve and we plan on walking or using Disney transportation for the days we are there.

Does anyone know if January 2-6th will be busy? Or are most kids back in school by then? Dd has chronic asthma and can't get a booster until at least January; I am not eligible until December 16th and don't think that I'll be able to get an appt. before the holidays (we will both at 6 month since fully vaxxed mid-December).

A question about this weekend’s Target deal: can I buy a Target gift card using a Target gift card? I know I did this a few years ago but I’m thinking that Target no longer allows. Although I don’t shop much at Target so maybe I am wrong.

Thank you! Was it hard being so close to Disney but not going to the park? I'd have to go to at least MK!

We are a bit worried about the crowd levels at the parks. I won't be renting a vehicle; I booked a room at Swan Reserve and we plan on walking or using Disney transportation for the days we are there.

Does anyone know if January 2-6th will be busy? Or are most kids back in school by then? Dd has chronic asthma and can't get a booster until at least January; I am not eligible until December 16th and don't think that I'll be able to get an appt. before the holidays (we will both at 6 month since fully vaxxed mid-December).

It's EXTREMELY hard. Lol.

I've had an AP for the last 22 years, since DD22 was a baby. It was never continuous. I use to go 2-4 times a year, take a break for about 8 months to 12 months and then start again. I use to go with the girls every school break, even without DH when he didn't have the vacation. DVC and DME was a glorious game changer combo with 2 toddlers.

Our last trip was December 2019, so this the longest I've gone not going into a park in the last 23 years! I think my last record dry streak was 18 months (once)!

So, we let our APs lapse after the December 2019 trip, thinking we would just get a new one on our next trip, but of course they stopped selling them for a while!!

So, DH and I are now in South FL working remotely. We started before/during the lockdown in 2020 and have been making the drive between South FL, Orlando and NY multiple times in the last 2 years, instead of flying. It was only suppose to be temporary but has now become more permanent.

Since we have DVC, and DD22 was at UCF, we were staying on property all through 2020 and 2021 without going into the parks!! We were using DVC just as lodging while visiting and when passing through.

We visited DD22 a lot while she was in school and to help her find a place to live after graduation. Then we blew a ton of DVC points on 5 nights in a GV at BLT for DD22's graduation in May 2021. There was only 5 of us staying in the villa (DH, me, DD22, DD20 and MIL) but she got to invite 7 friends to the GV for a "party." I catered it with food from Publix. Lol. Everyone invited was on the reservation (even though they were not staying there) so that I wouldn't have to worry about them getting access to the hotel. It was a theme park view GV and the only thing that would have made it perfect would have been fireworks!! Oh well.

We stayed a lot at SSR and OKW because they were easier to get into and at BLT because it is 6 minutes to where DD22 now lives!

So, after a LONG drought (for me), we actually went to Disney Springs to buy a Pixie Dust AP on Tuesday!! So excited to finally get one back. It was the only AP available to buy and we are lucky that we had utility bills etc. to qualify for it since we actually now have a place in FL. We had to do it in person because you can only buy FL APs online if you have a FL Drivers License. I believe you have to do it in person, if you are providing other proof of residency.

We go up to Disney again over Christmas weekend and are staying at SSR. No parks again because it is blocked out! But it is easier for us to travel to spend the holidays with DD22 and DD20 (who is flying into Orlando) then for them to come down to us. We also have reservations at Riviera Resort 1/9-1/13/22 and will finally be back in the parks!! I'm so excited!

ETA: I would just use caution by washing hands frequently, etc. I don't think the vaccine effectiveness magically drops off after 6 months. It's probably still effective, just not as strong. We plan on getting the booster, but maybe not exactly at 6 months, maybe wait a little longer. A lot of people are not masking but there are many who are, so which ever way you lean, it won't feel weird. We still carry masks everywhere and mask up when in crowds, etc. but are comfortable without as well.

The first few days of January can go either way. depending on the weekend. Crossing fingers for you that everyone travels home the weekend you arrive!

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to enroll in the priority pass select (10 visits) that comes with Hilton Biz? Clicking on the priority pass info within my account leads to a page not found error. Amex chat gave me PP telephone number. They say Amex has to enroll me on their end. A long phone call with Amex and still no answers. Also tried using the app and couldn't do it there either.

We stayed at the Swan Reserve over Thanksgiving week. We've been to Disney quite a bit the week you are planning on going. It's typically busy right around the new year, but then settles down by the 3rd as kids are returning to school. It's a magical week to be there- you still get all the holiday feels. The Swan Reserve has lots of room, so I don't think you'll ever feel crowded there. Any other questions- feel free to ask.

We used 10 50k FNCs earned when Marriott Bonvoy Boundless had a SUB last year for 5 certificates. So our total lodging cost was just the resort fees. Thanks @Judique for turning us on to the Swan Reserve.

Here's a review I wrote of the Swan Reserve:

Beautiful resort- but transportation is its downfall
Review of Walt Disney World Swan Reserve
Checked in day at Swan Reserve: Service at bell services and reception were phenomenal.
Our rooms are connecting and were available between 1-2 pm. We did not receive a text as promised, however, we saw rooms assigned in the Bonvoy app.

Marriott Gold- both rooms upgraded from "no view" to Epcot view. We watched the fireworks from our 5th floor many evenings.

Beautiful boutique hotel. Really like the under bed luggage storage.

Standard room-
Minifridge
Keurig (k-cups)
No microwave (asked via text and was directed to use public ones on floors 3&6 of Swolphin
Extremely responsive via chat and service requests in the app.

The gent at reception mentioned there were MANY kinks the first few weeks, but they feel things are running much more smoothly.

We received turndown service some nights and housekeeping had already come by the next morning at 9:15am to offer their services.

I’ve stayed in many hotels during the pandemic and rarely receive housekeeping, including recently at the Polynesian, a Disney property. The housekeeping staff is always visible. I have to say this is the best housekeeping experience I've had in a LOOOONG time. Swan Reserve- you are doing it really well- congrats!

One afternoon we spent a little time by the pool after the rain passed. A nice few hours- pool attendant blew up the floaties we bought at Dolphin last month and brought with us. Also saw him passing out balls or floats to kids without. Nice pixie dust. After we ordered drinks (and received them) and apps, the server required a physical room key or credit card for a tab. We aren’t accustomed to needing either to charge to our room and had neither on us. It would have been a hassle had we been wet to have to return to the room to retrieve a physical card. I’d recommend this system be changed. Oddly, later in the week we didn't have the same experience of needing to provide a physical card, so maybe this has already been resolved.

Room service in about 30 mins vs 60 quoted.
Chat through Marriott app has been super convenient.

The negative: This is no surprise to anyone regularly reading reviews of the Swan, Dolphin or Swan Reserve properties, but the bus transportation for Swolphin properties is a joke. Took it from and to DAK without issue, but upon returning tonight from DAK there were extreme safety issues. There were hundreds of people waiting at about an hour before close. No signage and busses are poorly marked. No organization and loading occurs in the dark parking lot. Only a handful of families made it on the bus. As we were riding, a window above my son’s head became unlatched and swung open towards our heads. Another woman and I attempted to reattach the window arms, but ultimately I covered my son’s head the remainder of the ride for protection. Exited at Swan instead of SW as I couldn’t fathom being on that bus any longer. I did notify SR of this issue.

The bottom line is this is our perfect hotel type, with great service, even just a few weeks after opening. Excellent location. We also had a Signature Suite reserved for Spring Break, but after this trip, we canceled it. The bottom line is that until Swan Reserve returns to Disney run bus transportation, we will not return to their properites. The third party bus transporation is unsafe and not up to Disney standards. Love, love, love the hotel, but until this issue is resolved, we won't be guests again.

Date of stay: November 2021

It's EXTREMELY hard. Lol.

I've had an AP for the last 22 years, since DD22 was a baby. It was never continuous. I use to go 2-4 times a year, take a break for about 8 months to 12 months and then start again. I use to go with the girls every school break, even without DH when he didn't have the vacation. DVC and DME was a glorious game changer combo with 2 toddlers.

Our last trip was December 2019, so this the longest I've gone not going into a park in the last 23 years! I think my last record dry streak was 18 months (once)!

So, we let our APs lapse after the December 2019 trip, thinking we would just get a new one on our next trip, but of course they stopped selling them for a while!!

So, DH and I are now in South FL working remotely. We started before/during the lockdown in 2020 and have been making the drive between South FL, Orlando and NY multiple times in the last 2 years, instead of flying. It was only suppose to be temporary but has now become more permanent.

Since we have DVC, and DD22 was at UCF, we were staying on property all through 2020 and 2021 without going into the parks!! We were using DVC just as lodging while visiting and when passing through.

We visited DD22 a lot while she was in school and to help her find a place to live after graduation. Then we blew a ton of DVC points on 5 nights in a GV at BLT for DD22's graduation in May 2021. There was only 5 of us staying in the villa (DH, me, DD22, DD20 and MIL) but she got to invite 7 friends to the GV for a "party." I catered it with food from Publix. Lol. Everyone invited was on the reservation (even though they were not staying there) so that I wouldn't have to worry about them getting access to the hotel. It was a theme park view GV and the only thing that would have made it perfect would have been fireworks!! Oh well.

We stayed a lot at SSR and OKW because they were easier to get into and at BLT because it is 6 minutes to where DD22 now lives!

So, after a LONG drought (for me), we actually went to Disney Springs to buy a Pixie Dust AP on Tuesday!! So excited to finally get one back. It was the only AP available to buy and we are lucky that we had utility bills etc. to qualify for it since we actually now have a place in FL. We had to do it in person because you can only buy FL APs online if you have a FL Drivers License. I believe you have to do it in person, if you are providing other proof of residency.

We go up to Disney again over Christmas weekend and are staying at SSR. No parks again because it is blocked out! But it is easier for us to travel to spend the holidays with DD22 and DD20 (who is flying into Orlando) then for them to come down to us. We also have reservations at Riviera Resort 1/9-1/13/22 and will finally be back in the parks!! I'm so excited!

Love, love, love the Riviera Resort. We ate at Topolino's for our Thanksgiving meal and it was absolutely the best meal I've ever had at Disney, and a top contender for great meals around the world. It really was that good.

A question about this weekend’s Target deal: can I buy a Target gift card using a Target gift card? I know I did this a few years ago but I’m thinking that Target no longer allows. Although I don’t shop much at Target so maybe I am wrong.

I don't think you could ever buy a target gc with a target gc. You can't use a target gc to buy any gc now, so it has to be all for merchandise. The 10% off may not be worth it if you don't shop there often.

I don't think you could ever buy a target gc with a target gc. You can't use a target gc to buy any gc now, so it has to be all for merchandise. The 10% off may not be worth it if you don't shop there often.
You did used to be able to. I'd go to Kroger before these deals and get a Target gift card for $270 to buy a $300 Target gift card.

We stayed at the Swan Reserve over Thanksgiving week. We've been to Disney quite a bit the week you are planning on going. It's typically busy right around the new year, but then settles down by the 3rd as kids are returning to school. It's a magical week to be there- you still get all the holiday feels. The Swan Reserve has lots of room, so I don't think you'll ever feel crowded there. Any other questions- feel free to ask.

We used 10 50k FNCs earned when Marriott Bonvoy Boundless had a SUB last year for 5 certificates. So our total lodging cost was just the resort fees. Thanks @Judique for turning us on to the Swan Reserve.

Here's a review I wrote of the Swan Reserve:

Beautiful resort- but transportation is its downfall
Review of Walt Disney World Swan Reserve
Checked in day at Swan Reserve: Service at bell services and reception were phenomenal.
Our rooms are connecting and were available between 1-2 pm. We did not receive a text as promised, however, we saw rooms assigned in the Bonvoy app.

Marriott Gold- both rooms upgraded from "no view" to Epcot view. We watched the fireworks from our 5th floor many evenings.

Beautiful boutique hotel. Really like the under bed luggage storage.

Standard room-
Minifridge
Keurig (k-cups)
No microwave (asked via text and was directed to use public ones on floors 3&6 of Swolphin
Extremely responsive via chat and service requests in the app.

The gent at reception mentioned there were MANY kinks the first few weeks, but they feel things are running much more smoothly.

We received turndown service some nights and housekeeping had already come by the next morning at 9:15am to offer their services.

I’ve stayed in many hotels during the pandemic and rarely receive housekeeping, including recently at the Polynesian, a Disney property. The housekeeping staff is always visible. I have to say this is the best housekeeping experience I've had in a LOOOONG time. Swan Reserve- you are doing it really well- congrats!

One afternoon we spent a little time by the pool after the rain passed. A nice few hours- pool attendant blew up the floaties we bought at Dolphin last month and brought with us. Also saw him passing out balls or floats to kids without. Nice pixie dust. After we ordered drinks (and received them) and apps, the server required a physical room key or credit card for a tab. We aren’t accustomed to needing either to charge to our room and had neither on us. It would have been a hassle had we been wet to have to return to the room to retrieve a physical card. I’d recommend this system be changed. Oddly, later in the week we didn't have the same experience of needing to provide a physical card, so maybe this has already been resolved.

Room service in about 30 mins vs 60 quoted.
Chat through Marriott app has been super convenient.

The negative: This is no surprise to anyone regularly reading reviews of the Swan, Dolphin or Swan Reserve properties, but the bus transportation for Swolphin properties is a joke. Took it from and to DAK without issue, but upon returning tonight from DAK there were extreme safety issues. There were hundreds of people waiting at about an hour before close. No signage and busses are poorly marked. No organization and loading occurs in the dark parking lot. Only a handful of families made it on the bus. As we were riding, a window above my son’s head became unlatched and swung open towards our heads. Another woman and I attempted to reattach the window arms, but ultimately I covered my son’s head the remainder of the ride for protection. Exited at Swan instead of SW as I couldn’t fathom being on that bus any longer. I did notify SR of this issue.

The bottom line is this is our perfect hotel type, with great service, even just a few weeks after opening. Excellent location. We also had a Signature Suite reserved for Spring Break, but after this trip, we canceled it. The bottom line is that until Swan Reserve returns to Disney run bus transportation, we will not return to their properites. The third party bus transporation is unsafe and not up to Disney standards. Love, love, love the hotel, but until this issue is resolved, we won't be guests again.

Date of stay: November 2021
Thank you for sharing your review. It is very helpful. I read on TA that the walls are also very thin at the Swan Reserve -- entire conversations can be heard from the room next door. Being a light sleeper this worries me a bit.

Would an Uber be costly from AK to the SR? I think we could take the boats from HS to the Swolphin and walk to the reserve. Does this sound right? I have read that the busses to the SR are awful -- I didn't realize that they don't use Disney transportation. I think maybe we'd walk to the Swolphin and hop on their busses -- would that be an issue?

Love, love, love the Riviera Resort. We ate at Topolino's for our Thanksgiving meal and it was absolutely the best meal I've ever had at Disney, and a top contender for great meals around the world. It really was that good.

Topolino's is so hard to get a reservation for! I think I read that there may be openings on the day of? So, we will try while there.

The bottom line is that until Swan Reserve returns to Disney run bus transportation, we will not return to their properites. The third party bus transporation is unsafe and not up to Disney standards
I agree, buses were awful. I'm of similar opinion that it could be a deal breaker in the future. I was really disappointed being dropped off in the middle of the lot at MK.
Would an Uber be costly from AK to the SR? I think we could take the boats from HS to the Swolphin and walk to the reserve. Does this sound right? I have read that the busses to the SR are awful -- I didn't realize that they don't use Disney transportation. I think maybe we'd walk to the Swolphin and hop on their busses -- would that be an issue?
The issue is not Swan Reserve, it's Marriott. All 3 Marriott properties no longer use Disney buses, they use Mears. Solution for us was to walk to Boardwalk or Beach/Yacht Club and catch the Disney buses.

Last edited:
Back from Disney without a MSR and spent a ton! Had a great time seeing family.

Just got a large bill that I can pay with cc. Due date is 12/14/2021. Was thinking about having P2 apply for a CIC supported by me. Does Chase give auto approvals on the weekends? Or should we wait for Monday?

Since it will be a sole proprietor business, if approved, will the CIC show up in P2's personal Chase log in? Or will he need to set up a biz log in later, after getting the card.

And most importantly, P2 (DH) and I are currently working remotely in FL for the next few months. Lucky us! We currently have our mail forwarded but it takes ages to get (and I think some mail won't get forwarded and will get returned to sender, like CC). Will Chase mail new cards to a different address then our home address? Can P2 maybe use the FL as his "business" address and have any approved cards mailed here? We have always gotten all cards (personal and biz) mailed to our home address.
For auto approvals, I don't think it matters if it's a weekday or not. Some people get it and some don't. I used to never get auto approved, but now I do. 🤷‍♀️ My sense is that the first Chase business card is less likely to be auto approved.

It won't show up in his personal login. He'll have to set up a biz login or have personal and biz merged.

I don't know about the temporary address. If you want something fast, you might want to consider an Amex premium card since they usually auto approve and send it next day delivery. Chase sends UPS 2 day after you ask to expedite (but the issue is possibly waiting for the approval).

Well, apparently I couldn't generate a Chase biz support link for P2. That option is no longer there and I didn't do it in advance.

I'm thinking of moving to some other cards and maybe to different players.

My Dad has been a AMEX gold card holder since 1971. I just logged into his account to look and he has a Platinum upgrade offer for 100k points for $6k spend in 6 month with a $150 statement credit; 5x restaurants/supermarkets; 5x flights direct thru airlines; and 5x prepaid hotel thru amextravel.

Is that a good offer? Or should I look around for him more?

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to enroll in the priority pass select (10 visits) that comes with Hilton Biz? Clicking on the priority pass info within my account leads to a page not found error. Amex chat gave me PP telephone number. They say Amex has to enroll me on their end. A long phone call with Amex and still no answers. Also tried using the app and couldn't do it there either.
I tried over and over the entire year that I had a Hilton Biz and never once got it to work.
You definitely used to be able to. I used to multiply the cards I was given as gifts every year doing this. That was before target circle too so you could be repeatedly at the store. They stopped it several years back.

Ok. Time to pay the piper. I am paying bills this weekend.

All this spending has netted us lots of URs. :cheer2:

I combined them all to P2's CSR account. We have a lot of dining purchases on the CSR. If we use the pay yourself back on our dining and on the annual fee of $550, we will use up about 144,000!! It's a good use of points but is anyone else loathe to use up the points this way?

I mean I don't have ANY travel plans needing points right now. But it took a lot of planning and spending to even accumulate so many points to begin with and by redeeming them, I would wipe out more than half of them. But OTOH, it will reduce our OOP by over $2k when paying the bill.

I guess I am a points hoarder and while I don't have an immediate use for the URs, I'd like to know I have a big stash available in case something comes up.

What to do? What to do?

Thank you for sharing your review. It is very helpful. I read on TA that the walls are also very thin at the Swan Reserve -- entire conversations can be heard from the room next door. Being a light sleeper this worries me a bit.

I'd heard that about the thin walls, but that wasn't our experience. In fact we had a connecting room, and never heard our older kids next door when the door was closed. Now having said that, we weren't aware of any crying children in the rooms around us to test out the walls. We were in rooms 5318 and 5320.

Uber isn't too costly- I think it would be about $20 for an XL. But, actually, if you get a coach bus to DAK, it's really a nice ride. And you are either the last pickup or you stop at Swan on the way. The coach bus drops you right where Uber would anyways. It's the pickup from DAK that was a disaster for us at night. You have to walk into the busy parking lot and load in the parking lot- completely unsafe, no organization, jostling to save your "spot." And the one non-coach bus we had the safety issue. So my advice is you are fine to take the SR bus to DAK, but I'd take a Yacht/Beach club or Boardwalk Inn Disney bus back and walk to Swan Reserve.

For MK, it drops you at TTC. You then ferry or monorail over. At least at MK, the bus has a designated spot, #3, and you load and unload safely. It's the same situation with Uber. So your choices are just deal with the TTC or walk to Yacht/Beach Club or Boardwalk Inn.

The same busses pick up/drop off at Dolphin, SR and Swan. In our experience, we were either middle or last for pickup and drop-off, which was good.

Ok. Time to pay the piper. I am paying bills this weekend.

All this spending has netted us lots of URs. :cheer2:

I combined them all to P2's CSR account. We have a lot of dining purchases on the CSR. If we use the pay yourself back on our dining and on the annual fee of $550, we will use up about 144,000!! It's a good use of points but is anyone else loathe to use up the points this way?

I mean I don't have ANY travel plans needing points right now. But it took a lot of planning and spending to even accumulate so many points to begin with and by redeeming them, I would wipe out more than half of them. But OTOH, it will reduce our OOP by over $2k when paying the bill.

I guess I am a points hoarder and while I don't have an immediate use for the URs, I'd like to know I have a big stash available in case something comes up.

What to do? What to do?
Use them! That’s what they are there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter