I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have tips on how to churn the RC world cruise? :rotfl2:Of course, I’d need to get those 274 vacation days approved first!

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/ulti...id=REEDEM+FCC&ect=TAC&ecv=PR 0-365 Responders

The RTW cruise is on my bucket list after retirement, i've read a couple of blogs and I loved it. Seems like the perfect way to make new friends after retirement.

This is also one of our bucket list items after retirement! DD1 did Semester at Sea for her study abroad when she was a junior in college. She loved it. They take what they call Lifetime Learners - it's basically adults who sail along with the kids. If I thought I could handle being around mostly college age kids for 4 months, it'd be a great way to see the world. It's much cheaper than a traditional RC or other around the world cruise and yet it's the same cruise experience. They stayed in the countries longer than a traditional cruise though. Usually 4-6 days per country they visited.

Just wondering if anyone has a good method to track offers available on your various credit cards? I'm trying to get better about using them, but have not figured out a system to keep track of them yet.

I've been trying to log anything I think I might be interested in completing in Evernote so I can access it on my phone or computer, but it's rather tedious trying to either type them all in or copy and paste them in.

I'm also not very good at feeling comfortable that I've gotten the credit after I've used the offer, so I need to get better at tracking that too lol!

Just wondering if anyone has a good method to track offers available on your various credit cards? I'm trying to get better about using them, but have not figured out a system to keep track of them yet.

I've been trying to log anything I think I might be interested in completing in Evernote so I can access it on my phone or computer, but it's rather tedious trying to either type them all in or copy and paste them in.

I'm also not very good at feeling comfortable that I've gotten the credit after I've used the offer, so I need to get better at tracking that too lol!

I use Google Sheets so I can access on my computer and on my phone

Each card's columns are colored so I can easily see at a glance, the far right is so I can note if I used an offer since some are "2 times", etc. Or, in my screenshot the Dropbox offer I have noted that I have it set to be used on my renewal. For some I put the last 4-5 digits in row 2 so I don't get confused. I have the first 2 rows and first column frozen so always visible. I tend to update this every 2 weeks or so, it's not always up to date, but gives me a good idea at least.

Then for quarterlies or other spend promos I have another page. I just manually add my spend and pop that in the "used" column and add the date I updated. The sheet figures how much I have left to spend.

Seems like the Amex $30 off $30 wine deals are back from Wine Insiders, Macys, and Martha Stewart wines but now they are only valid through an amex link. The link doesn't pull up any of the tons of sales they run so it pretty much invalidates the the worth of the $30. My husband loved those few months when cases of wine would randomly appear at the house. :D

Does anyone know if you can use Venmo on US Bank Biz Cards trying to meet MSR? I know I can do it with Chase. I have an offer that expires tomorrow for $750 for $7500 in 120 days.

US Bank isn't known for being MS friendly, but at this point what do you have to lose?

I use Google Sheets so I can access on my computer and on my phone

Each card's columns are colored so I can easily see at a glance, the far right is so I can note if I used an offer since some are "2 times", etc. Or, in my screenshot the Dropbox offer I have noted that I have it set to be used on my renewal. For some I put the last 4-5 digits in row 2 so I don't get confused. I have the first 2 rows and first column frozen so always visible. I tend to update this every 2 weeks or so, it's not always up to date, but gives me a good idea at least.
View attachment 615218

Then for quarterlies or other spend promos I have another page. I just manually add my spend and pop that in the "used" column and add the date I updated. The sheet figures how much I have left to spend.
View attachment 615222

This is just what I've been looking for! I pretty much copied it just like you have it - I really appreciate it!

Here in Disney for a long weekend trip, split stay at the Poly and Dolphin. Rented points through the Rental Store for Poly. I waan’t expecting the DVC rooms to get the refurb and ours did. It’s so, so darn cute. Love the pull-down Murphy bed (same design as Riviera). In-room dining is no longer offered- so no Twilight Feast. We just love, love the Poly- wstching the fireworks from the beach, the electrical water pageant, dole whip, the pools, monorail access. And the rooms are so much brighter now. The lobby had been closed for months so I expected some big refurb, but it looks the same. Anyone know what they did?

We’ve never stayed at the Dolphin but took advantage of the Amex Travel $200 credit. We stay at the Swan Reserve for 5 nights over Thanksgiving,🤞.

Travel hacking Disney makes me happy.

I had some Flash Deals on my Chase offers. Only good for two days. 20% off at BB&B (up to $14) on two cards, 20% off at Walgreens (up to $8) on one card, and 20% off at Exxon. Running out at lunch to pick up some gift cards.

What are Flash Deals? Are they listed somewhere separately from the usual Chase offers, or are they just mixed in with the usual offers?

Here in Disney for a long weekend trip, split stay at the Poly and Dolphin. Rented points through the Rental Store for Poly. I waan’t expecting the DVC rooms to get the refurb and ours did. It’s so, so darn cute. Love the pull-down Murphy bed (same design as Riviera). In-room dining is no longer offered- so no Twilight Feast. We just love, love the Poly- wstching the fireworks from the beach, the electrical water pageant, dole whip, the pools, monorail access. And the rooms are so much brighter now. The lobby had been closed for months so I expected some big refurb, but it looks the same. Anyone know what they did?

We’ve never stayed at the Dolphin but took advantage of the Amex Travel $200 credit. We stay at the Swan Reserve for 5 nights over Thanksgiving,🤞.

Travel hacking Disney makes me happy.

View attachment 615336
View attachment 615337
We stay at the poly for the first time in January and I can’t wait! We went through the dvc rental store too. I love the new rooms

I feel like I saw the answer to this recently, but clicked back through a few pages and didn't see it, so apologies if I'm asking again!

If I get DH an employee card on my CIC (sole prop "business" applied with my SS#) to help with meeting the MSR, that wouldn't count towards his 5/24, right? Would it impact his ability to get an Ink card later if we decide to go that route? If he were to apply for an Ink card, it wouldn't be for at least 3 months. We have plenty of MSR to work towards before then! Any other concerns I should know about before adding him?

I feel like I saw the answer to this recently, but clicked back through a few pages and didn't see it, so apologies if I'm asking again!

If I get DH an employee card on my CIC (sole prop "business" applied with my SS#) to help with meeting the MSR, that wouldn't count towards his 5/24, right? Would it impact his ability to get an Ink card later if we decide to go that route? If he were to apply for an Ink card, it wouldn't be for at least 3 months. We have plenty of MSR to work towards before then! Any other concerns I should know about before adding him?
You can get your DH an employee card on your CIC….it does not count towards his 5/24 and will not impact his ability to get his own..

What are Flash Deals? Are they listed somewhere separately from the usual Chase offers, or are they just mixed in with the usual offers?
Just saw these on 2 of my cards..SW and Disney…

they are listed with the regular offers…stores on mine with 20% off are Mc Donald’s, Walgreens, Bed Bath and Beyond, Exxon Mobil…they expire 10/24

Last edited:

Instant approval for the CIC! Who-hoo. Remembered to support a friend on Dischurners too.

This time of year is always the most $$$ we spend so figured I’d give it a shot. I always think I will have a hard time spending $7500 in 3 months but it will probably be easy the next two months.

Just saw these on 2 of my cards..SW and Disney…

they are listed with the regular offers…stores on mine with 20% off are Mc Donald’s, Walgreens, Bed Bath and Beyond, Exxon Mobil…they expire 10/24

I just found them on a few of mine and DH's cards. All BB&B, Exxon, Walgreen's and McDonalds but some were good for 2 days and some 6. Either way, I'll take it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter