I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We fly tomorrow and I’m considering not giving Ds any milk in case it makes him sick on the flight.
My LO is obsessed with milk so I figure I should have some on hand just in case he gets fussy. I'm going to buy some bottled water too so I can switch between the two. My worst fear is him having a poopy diaper in the middle of the flight. OMG how am I going to change that? Lol.

Last edited:
I don't have specific info for precheck, but when my dd was a baby I had small shelf stable cartons of liquid toddler formula. Because of having liquids I had to have my hands swabbed with their wipes to check for gun powder residue or whatever it is they show. I had literally just used hand sanitizer before going through security and my hands tested positive. So I had to take my sleeping baby out of her carrier so they could pat me down. I asked if the hand sanitizer would cause the result and they said yes, but still had to pat me down.

So my advice if traveling with milk, try to avoid sanitizer or be prepared to go to second base with a stranger in front of your family 😂.
My LO is obsessed with milk so I figure I should have some on hand just in case he gets fussy. I'm going to buy some bottled water too so I can switch between the two. My worst first is him having a poopy diaper in the middle of the flight. OMG how am I going to change that? Lol.
10 years ago we were in China with DS, 12 months at the time. He was still on formula. Chinese aren't kidding about baggage rules and there was a language barrier. At one airport, an agent took everything out of our bags, looked at powdered formula and DS's bottle. Ok, no issues. Next flight, agent looked over everything then mimed drinking out of bottle and said "baby drink". DS had to drink from the bottle to prove it wasn't something else. In Hong Kong, after passing through bag check, we waited at the gate. Shortly before boarding, a couple agents set up folding tables and re-checked everyone's bags prior to boarding and everything liquid, including water bought in terminal, went in garbage.
Changing a poop diaper on a flight is next level momming. Our flight from China was 12 hours long, no avoiding diaper changes. After changing a diaper mid flight in a tiny airplane lavatory, I figured I could handle anything else being a mom would throw at me. Lol.

Doc posted last night about people being able to PC a citi card to the new custom cash card last night, and even through the chat on the app.

This was perfect timingg since the af on my premiere hit last week. I was able to pc it using the chat on the app to do it, don't think it even took 5 min. This is a decent no af card so I may actually use it more than the other that got sick drawered and then when I'm getting ready to use the points I'll figure out my options.
This is perfect! Our AF just posted also, and want to PC to the Custom Cash, but since it’s in DH name I already prepping myself to get him to call, which is like pulling teeth lol. So glad it can be done via chat, aka I can do it 😂

We have a mail offer that’s a better SUB so we’re considering that one instead. We’re also considering an Amex card for Dh if he can get it without the popup. We only get groceries from target. I’m not sure if that would count as grocery with citi

Is your mail offer for the Premier? Care to disclose? just wondering as I opt out from getting any
advertisements from them but maybe i should hop back in. lol

Does anyone have Verizon for cell service, with autopay? We recently switched from Tmobile, and haven't gotten our first bill yet. They offered $10 off each line (x2) if I opted in for autopay, so of course I did to save $20 monthly. Only caveat is that the autopay can only be from bank account. Has anyone been successful paying bill with credit card before it takes it out of the bank? And if so, do you still keep your discount? I really want to use CIC for 5x back like I've been doing with Tmobile.

On another note, my car/home insurance recently did this, switching autopay to only bank account. They even tell you if you pay with credit card, you'll lose the autopay discount. So that's like $1500-2000 a year that really hurts when it's being debited out of my checking (without any points being earned). >:(

We got the same offer. I have tried twice to pay by credit card before the bank takes it and both times
the discount disappeared. I called Verizon and they put me back on the plan but told me paying by
credit card disqualifies the discount. It is annoying because i pay all bills by credit card for points but
with the autopay discount im coming out way ahead.

You can look on your online statements and it should show when you were awarded the bonus. I think it's add a month to that. Your bonus probably showed on your May, June or July 2017 statement - you have up to 7 years of statements available online.

For example, I applied for my CSP on November 2, 2020 and asked for expedited delivery. On Nov 9, I charged $4000 plus. On November 18, 2020, my statement closed and my points showed on that statement. So, my next app date should be Dec 1 2024, but I would probably do Jan 1, 2025 to be sure.
So just to reinterate. I looked up my CSP when i first got it. My statement ended feb 2016. The bonus
points were on it. I should add a month to that?

Next ...lower balance on CSR and then downgrade to CFF? then how long do i wait to apply? DH just
got it so not sure if i can handle to spend on both but just in case can you give me some info? thanks.

No cc related, but the Starbucks game began today and I won a free any sized cold brew on my first play. Silly little things make me extremely happy! :)
Oh, thanks! I somehow dropped off their email list when I moved and changed my email address. Got 3 sweepstakes entries like Judique.

Woo Hoo! :cool1:Instant approval for CSP for DH with my support! 48 months and 1 day after previous bonus(from CSR) PC'd old CSP to CFU last month when AF hit. All our new house stuff will be going on new card as soon as I get it. Now I just have to explain to mortgage lender...:rolleyes1
Congratulations! I never had to explain my new CSP to my mortgage lender, it was only a refi though.

Verizon should still offer debit card as an autopay option, try PayPal Key. It works as a virtual debit card. :thumbsup2

Otherwise Verizon fixed some of the loopholes that allowed payment with a CC and keep the discount. I think there are some that are still working but this seems like the easiest solution for now.
Thank you for this. I never knew it was an option. Im going to try it out.

I got the CSP in June 2017 and the bonus on my July 22, 2017 statement. I pc’d it to a CF near the cards anniversary to avoid the AF. I was able to figure out when I got the bonus by going into statements under my CF. My CSP statement are in there. I got brave and applied for the CSP on June 22, 2021. I was declined because I received the bonus with 48 months. So I plan to apply again on Friday (7/23) which will be 30 days since I applied and one day over a year since I got the CSP bonus. Wish me luck lol.
Please come back and tell us how it went.

My LO is obsessed with milk so I figure I should have some on hand just in case he gets fussy. I'm going to buy some bottled water too so I can switch between the two. My worst fear is him having a poopy diaper in the middle of the flight. OMG how am I going to change that? Lol.
My Ds likes milk a lot too and doesn’t drink much water. He loves ice cubes though lol. He usually poops in the morning so hopefully it happens before the flight 😆

Is your mail offer for the Premier? Care to disclose? just wondering as I opt out from getting any
advertisements from them but maybe i should hop back in. lol
Haha it’s actually a TD cash card which we’ve never had before. I’ve been meaning to ask about it on here. The offer is spend $500 and get $200 back which is a pretty good deal I think. 3% on dining, 2% grocery

So just to reinterate. I looked up my CSP when i first got it. My statement ended feb 2016. The bonus
points were on it. I should add a month to that?

Next ...lower balance on CSR and then downgrade to CFF? then how long do i wait to apply? DH just
got it so not sure if i can handle to spend on both but just in case can you give me some info? thanks.

For the CSP I think you are good to go as you are over 5 years since you got it in 2016. You have either product changed it or closed it, correct? Because you can't just keep it and app for a new one. (Just making sure.)

I'm confused on the CSR question. Do both of you have a CSR? If you also have a CSR, you can't app for any sapphire product until you've either PC'ed or canceled both cards.

Changing a poop diaper on a flight is next level momming. Our flight from China was 12 hours long, no avoiding diaper changes. After changing a diaper mid flight in a tiny airplane lavatory, I figured I could handle anything else being a mom would throw at me. Lol.
HAHA my kids are grown, but I remember doing that too when they were babies.... just please for the love of all that is holy don't change it at the seat.... :rotfl2:

I don't know why asking for retention makes me so nervous but it does. I figured with my successful citi pc I'd chat with amex about my gold card. I got it last year Aug 18 so the af will hit soonish. They ignored my grocery issue since Fred meyer doesn't code as it with amex and tried to sell me on that.

They offered me 10k with no spend and that was the only offer. I figured since I do get use of the grub hub and uber for now that it's a good offer and will allow me to ask for another next year. Plus if Safeway ever had visa or MC gc on sale again or anything good on sale I'd use the card there.

Bright side is now it's no longer a worry for when I app for the aspire, just the pop up is 😁.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter