I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alaska is no longer allowing Priority Pass at SeaTac again. I shouldn't be surprised but of course it happened 6 days ago and my flight's tomorrow. Guess I'll just have to go down to the club, unless I can get into centurion at a reasonable wait. They do have a couple of restaurants on PP but neither have food that I want to eat, so not very helpful.

Logged in this morning to find an extra 100K MRs. I didn't think I'd hit $15,000 on Biz Plat 2 yet. Transferring to CS now:) Now to start working on my $4k in spend for my Vanilla Platinum retention offer. Next I need to call in for a CS Platinum renewal offer. And my taxes are paid until January so I'm not sure I'll be spending much but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

Logged in this morning to find an extra 100K MRs. I didn't think I'd hit $15,000 on Biz Plat 2 yet. Transferring to CS now:) Now to start working on my $4k in spend for my Vanilla Platinum retention offer. Next I need to call in for a CS Platinum renewal offer. And my taxes are paid until January so I'm not sure I'll be spending much but I'm sure I'll figure it out.
We always do :)

A support link/refer-a-friend. @SouthFayetteFan can get you access to Dischurners, if you don’t have one available. We are NOT allowed to post them here.
Thanks! I wonder if it would make any difference if I went to the branch. A private banker recently contacted me to upgrade to a premium account so I do have a contact. As FreeDiningFanatic mentioned, I may have downgraded to the Freedom? I can't remember and didn't make a note of it. But the 'thanks no thanks' letter from Chase after I applied for CSP specifically noted the 48 month rule.

SO, for the first time EVER, I see lots of green star offers in my Chase account:
View attachment 591610

Now I forget... are these the ones I can apply even if over 5/24, since they state "already approved"? I was going to PC my CSP to a Freedom card, but I may just be able to get one of the signup bonuses if this bypasses 5/24.
I thought those were black stars to bypass?

SO, for the first time EVER, I see lots of green star offers in my Chase account:
View attachment 591610

Now I forget... are these the ones I can apply even if over 5/24, since they state "already approved"? I was going to PC my CSP to a Freedom card, but I may just be able to get one of the signup bonuses if this bypasses 5/24.
Pretty sure it’s black star offers with fixed Interest rates that bypass 5/24

Any recent DPs on the Check-in for SW companion? Is it necessary to buy Early Bird for both or can I just get it on mine?

@afan Did you order the Lily P shorts? Do you like them? I see they have white ones.

I did! They fit when I tried them on but I haven't worn them yet. Our weather cooled off a bit so shorts haven't been needed. Wearing them at DLR tomorrow so I hope they are comfy enough since I won't have anything to change into 😊 Will try and remember to post how they are.

A few more SW questions. Trying to make sure I max out my benefits on my SW Priority card this year.

How do I figure out my anniversary year on my SW card? I got an SWPlus in Dec 2018. Upgraded to Priority in 2019. Anniversary points post in January. AF posts in June. I think that means my anniversary year is Dec - Nov maybe Jan - Dec. But not Jun- May.

Is there a tracker for the travel credit? (I know keep a spreadsheet). If I know the anniversary year then I can just go through the statements.

How much is it to purchase upgraded boarding at the airport? I know I have 4 credits but I think if I have a layover, I need to buy for each segment, not just each person, right?

Can you use SW GC on taxes and EBCI? I might need to buy a GC to use up my credit since I am probably only flying once this year.

Thanks.

I swear Weds was not my luck! I went to FD (we don't have any close, so I had to drive a bit), and the power was out. So I went to the nearest Walmart, the MC line was about 20 people deep. And any checkout line had 10+ in it. My 16yo was tagging along and encouraged me to try our normal Walmart....the MC was closed! UGH.

Thursday I had some luck and got to load $500 at FD, and do $200 (well $198) at the closest WM. My question for the FD loaders....when you load $500, and you are using $200 VGC (yesterday was a $500 VGC), do you do it in seperate? $200, $200, $100? Or can you do 3 swipes for the $500? I have about $4k in cards I need to funnel through. And considering my WM is good only for $400 if I'm lucky....I think I want to hit FD to do these loads too!

Also I'm still so torn on trying to figure out if I go for the IHG card, or try for the MDD. I'm getting closer to being able to apply for one or the other. If I do the IHG, I have to push the MDD out another 3 mos. If I do the MDD, I have to wait until April 2022 to get back under 5/24. I guess since I use my IHG points mainly for vacas w/ the kids in NC, I need to look at hotel cost vs URs. I'm looking at about $500-600 OOP for the hotel (normally) vs 170,000 UR (if I can pull both). If I wait, I could also be looking at 100,000 URs possibly (if both cards drop back to 50k). Just when I think I have my credit card apps planned out....Grrrrr.

The CSP i product changed in 2018 to CFU. I found the past statements under that card. I have the CSR now.
DH applied for the CSP couple weeks ago and just received it. Even myself who can spend money quickly
might not be able to do two 8k in 3 months. I just finished the extra Barclay promo for 40,000 for 4k in
groceries (jet blue). I did strictly gift cards and it was a struggle. Im floating in cards. i never would have
done it knowing the CSP offer. Lol

Anyone ever heard of gift card poor? :oops:

I've got about $4k in cards in my sock drawer (hoping my 12yo doesn't find them and drain them again, GRRRRR!). So I'm with you on GC poor!

DoC post on new IHG members- stay 2 nights get a 3rd free (up to 40k) do you think this will work with a new IHG member who's using points? my DS can sign up, transfer some UR to stay 2 nights.... thoughts?(this is his trip not mine)

Yeah, that was my plan which is why I keep checking to see if it's shown up yet. Just wondering if you knew if there was a minimum waiting period to pc back.
I don’t think so, we are going to PC DH’s on Monday, it will be 1 month for him. Only waiting that long because I ordered myself a card that should still work after we PC it, don’t need the benefits I just need it to say my name in case anyone ask when I’m buying VGC at Walmart.

I don’t think so, we are going to PC DH’s on Monday, it will be 1 month for him. Only waiting that long because I ordered myself a card that should still work after we PC it, don’t need the benefits I just need it to say my name in case anyone ask when I’m buying VGC at Walmart.
I added DH as AU on my CSR (before I PC'd it to CSP) and he has a card with his name on it. I plan to remove him as AU before I PC back to CSR because I don't want to pay the $75 AU fee especially now that he has his own CSP. I see I got a prorated AF refund for the CSR but I haven't seen the AF for CSP hit yet, nor has the $75 AU fee shown up yet. I expect when I PC it back to a CSR I'll get hit with the $550 AF.

ETA: My card# stayed the same but the exp date and cvv changed when I PC'd it. I wonder if that will happen again when I PC it back?

Last edited:
View attachment 591610

I just checked mine. Same green star preapproved ones except for SW, which I already have. There were Also two black star ones, BUT they were not preapproved, just prequalified. Business cards. The spend on them is way too much for me, and I’m not over 5/24 anyhow. Wish there was a preapproval for the IHG Card rather than the United.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter