I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jujubiee4

DIS Veteran
For the CSP I think you are good to go as you are over 5 years since you got it in 2016. You have either product changed it or closed it, correct? Because you can't just keep it and app for a new one. (Just making sure.)

I'm confused on the CSR question. Do both of you have a CSR?
The CSP i product changed in 2018 to CFU. I found the past statements under that card. I have the CSR now.
DH applied for the CSP couple weeks ago and just received it. Even myself who can spend money quickly
might not be able to do two 8k in 3 months. I just finished the extra Barclay promo for 40,000 for 4k in
groceries (jet blue). I did strictly gift cards and it was a struggle. Im floating in cards. i never would have
done it knowing the CSP offer. Lol

Anyone ever heard of gift card poor? :oops:

Judique

Dis Veteran, Beach Lover at BWV, BCV, HHI, VB
The CSP i product changed in 2018 to CFU. I found the past statements under that card. I have the CSR now.
DH applied for the CSP couple weeks ago and just received it. Even myself who can spend money quickly
might not be able to do two 8k in 3 months. I just finished the extra Barclay promo for 40,000 for 4k in
groceries (jet blue). I did strictly gift cards and it was a struggle. Im floating in cards. i never would have

So, when did you get your CSR?

Haley R

With all the strength of a raging fire
We just booked our first confirmed reservation with dvc! It’s next month for 2 nights at boardwalk (our first time there). I’m so excited! I love that we’re trying all of these new resorts. I think that boardwalk will be a great area for Ds to walk/run around. I’m not sure if we’ll even go in a park since it’s only 2 nights but I booked Epcot just in case. To relate this to ccs, it did code as travel on our CSR

jujubiee4

DIS Veteran
I just canceled the Disney trip we had planned for end of July. There were personal reasons but the rising covid cases and crowds made me just scrap the whole thing instead of trying to change it around to accommodate the issues that came up.
This is frustrating for sure. My husband texted me this morning and told me to cancel our trip. We aren't
even going until Nov and Dec! I haven't been paying much attention. I had no idea 1 out of every 4 or
5 new cases are coming from Florida. I have seen the crowds at WDW. Being in So Calif we just went
to DL a few weeks ago and it was packed. Cases are rising here also.:(

jujubiee4

DIS Veteran
We just booked our first confirmed reservation with dvc! It’s next month for 2 nights at boardwalk (our first time there). I’m so excited! I love that we’re trying all of these new resorts. I think that boardwalk will be a great area for Ds to walk/run around. I’m not sure if we’ll even go in a park since it’s only 2 nights but I booked Epcot just in case. To relate this to ccs, it did code as travel on our CSR
Congrats!! Hands down Dh and kids have said this was their favorite resort to stay in. It definitely was
a splurge for us at Christmas time and I worried the whole time whether it would be worth the money.
To this day though my kids still talk about it :) Hopefully you will have a wonderful time!

Last edited:

Haley R

Congrats!! Hands down Dh and kids have said this was their favorite resort to stay in. It definitely was
a splurge for us at Christmastime and I worried the whole time whether it would be worth the money.
To this day though my kids still talk about it :) Hopefully you will have a wonderful time!
It was only $288/night! I think we’ll be taking advantage of the last minute reservations like this! What did you like about it so much? We won’t have much time there but I’m excited anyway

Judique

So just to reinterate. I looked up my CSP when i first got it. My statement ended feb 2016. The bonus
points were on it. I should add a month to that?

Next ...lower balance on CSR and then downgrade to CFF? then how long do i wait to apply? DH just
got it so not sure if i can handle to spend on both but just in case can you give me some info? thanks.

At launch sept 2016. Do you think that is a problem?

Ok, think I've got it now. I still think you are good to go as soon as your CSR is downgraded. I think I've read that it has to transition for a couple of days - so they are not seeing it as a Sapphire product, even though you are not applying for a CSR. So probably about 3-4 days after you downgrade the CSR, you should be safe to apply for the CSP.

Anybody see a problem here? If so, please post. I got scrambled between which cards OP had versus her player 2.

jujubiee4

DIS Veteran
It was only $288/night! I think we’ll be taking advantage of the last minute reservations like this! What did you like about it so much? We won’t have much time there but I’m excited anyway
My husband told me seeing our teens running around laughing and playing on the lawn and boardwalk
reminded him of when they were little at Disneyland. Your little one will love seeing how lit up it is at
night. Very pretty. The boat ride. The easy access to the other parks. We would stay more if we could
afford it. Right now it is a Holiday only perk.

My mother n law said it reminded her of carnival atmosphere when she was younger. Honestly everyone
had such a great time and still say that was the best DW trip (after countless ones). I'm positive it was
because of Boardwalk. I just wish the prices were lower lol

FreeDiningFanatic

DIS Veteran
HAHA my kids are grown, but I remember doing that too when they were babies.... just please for the love of all that is holy don't change it at the seat.... :rotfl2:

Amen. From my former career experience, you would not believe how many people think it is perfectly fine to change a baby's diaper on the tray table at their seat. (Think about that the next time you pull down your tray table) While the lavatory is cramped, there is a changing table, and on the plus side, you can change a diaper and wash your hands, all without worry the baby will fall, because there's almost no room for that to happen!!

Haley R

My husband told me seeing our teens running around laughing and playing on the lawn and boardwalk
reminded him of when they were little at Disneyland. Your little one will love seeing how lit up it is at
night. Very pretty. The boat ride. The easy access to the other parks. We would stay more if we could
afford it. Right now it is a Holiday only perk.

My mother n law said it reminded her of carnival atmosphere when she was younger. Honestly everyone
had such a great time and still say that was the best DW trip (after countless ones). I'm positive it was
because of Boardwalk. I just wish the prices were lower lol
I’m not sure if he’ll see it lit up or not because of his bedtime. He usually goes to sleep before it’s dark out lol. We’ve never stayed there before because of the price but now that we’re local we’re able to take advantage of the confirmed reservations!

Judique

Just checked my DD's AU on my Amex card and found a Best Buy offer for 10% off $100 - gift card here I come!

Also a $20 off $100 for Boxed and Wayfair. Hadn't seen Boxed in a while but Wayfair has been showing up.

jenmsmith

DIS Veteran
My LO is obsessed with milk so I figure I should have some on hand just in case he gets fussy. I'm going to buy some bottled water too so I can switch between the two. My worst fear is him having a poopy diaper in the middle of the flight. OMG how am I going to change that? Lol.
Last year, when getting in line to board with toddler DD, I noticed she was going to need a change. I didn't want to risk missing the boarding, so I had to change her in the airplane lavatory before we took off. It was stressful, as we needed to finish and get to our seats to take off. We managed, but it was a hot and sweaty experience. Parenthood is fun!! ;)

lsutigers03

DIS Veteran
Verizon should still offer debit card as an autopay option, try PayPal Key. It works as a virtual debit card. :thumbsup2

https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/ok0ezv/_/h558k86

Otherwise Verizon fixed some of the loopholes that allowed payment with a CC and keep the discount. I think there are some that are still working but this seems like the easiest solution for now.
Thanks for the tip. I added my CIC to my PayPal Key and added it as an autopay method. It shows as debit so fingers crossed it still gets the discount. I couldn't see how to just change my autopay method so I just removed my bank account which unenrolled me. The next pay date still shows it will autopay but we'll see. Even if I get charged the $20 I'll make that back in 2 months and then profit from then on. PayPal Key has been awesome for my CF and CFF in the quarters where PayPal is a 5% option.

CyndiLouWho

DIS Veteran
Congratulations! I never had to explain my new CSP to my mortgage lender, it was only a refi though.
Actually, I ran it past the mortgage banker a few weeks ago. If necessary, I would have waited until closing in August. He said it's not really recommended but when I said the bonus was $1000, he said that is hard to pass up. He said we (DH) will have to write a letter saying he opened a new line of credit and it has $xxx balance.

FreeDiningFanatic

DIS Veteran
I’ve had a problem with my recent Hilton points and stay posting to Hilton Honors. They were able to post the points for the room charges when I called the Diamond Desk, but I had to open a case regarding the points we charged for food&beverage.

Question: If I charged about $1100 in f&b while staying at the resort, do those only earn base points (10x)? Does the Diamond elite bonus or 2021 triple points not apply to f&b charges? Sorry for the noob question.

Sheree

Mouseketeer
you are all so helpful

i've had a cdr since Jan 17. dh just got csp
i can downgrade my csr and have him send me a support link to apply for csp
i liked the 150% vs 125% for travel, i actually transferred his 100k ur to my account to book our flights to Iceland.

how soon can I pc back to csr and is it worth it?

i may also lower my credit limits. they are ridiculously high!

thank you!

becauseimnew

Planner-aholic
you are all so helpful

i've had a cdr since Jan 17. dh just got csp
i can downgrade my csr and have him send me a support link to apply for csp
i liked the 150% vs 125% for travel, i actually transferred his 100k ur to my account to book our flights to Iceland.

how soon can I pc back to csr and is it worth it?

i may also lower my credit limits. they are ridiculously high!

thank you!
You can PC your old CSR back to a CSR.

platamama

DIS Veteran
You can PC your old CSR back to a CSR.
Do you know how long you have to wait to do it? I pc'd my CSR to a CSP last week to generate a link for DH's CSP application. He has the card now but I haven't seen the 20K show up in my account. I would like to PC it back to the CSR before end of September to keep my 1.5x PYB option open.

becauseimnew

Planner-aholic
Do you know how long you have to wait to do it? I pc'd my CSR to a CSP last week to generate a link for DH's CSP application. He has the card now but I haven't seen the 20K show up in my account. I would like to PC it back to the CSR before end of September to keep my 1.5x PYB option open.
I would wait until the 20K is pending.

Status
Not open for further replies.