I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have any of you been to legoland with a young toddler? Ds is 13 months and we’re thinking maybe this fall/winter. We have our Disney APs and are going there in September but lately I haven’t been excited to go to wdw. Legoland looks like a lot of fun and the hotels are super cute.

I think DD had just turned 4 when we first took her to Legoland (the one in CA). It was so much fun, less crowded, and just a really nice place to visit. It's fun for the younger kids and also for Lego-loving parents. ;)

Oh my night is getting better. I can't get ahold of anyone at AA. I've been waiting for a call back for 8 hours. I'm now on hold over 45 min. I've tried twitter.

I decided to look at my August flights, they changed them! I have a 5 hour layover in CLT now. I can't change the flights online, it says call! Are you kidding me? I can't call for the flight you cancelled and now you want me to call about a flight in August?

And I love on twitter how they randomly pick people to respond to and ignore others.

Sorry your plans got ruined. I took a quick peek at the AA Twitter feed - WOW!!! What a horror show that is right now........and I only looked back 30 mins. :scared1:

Sorry your plans got ruined. I took a quick peek at the AA Twitter feed - WOW!!! What a horror show that is right now........and I only looked back 30 mins. :scared1:
I'm sure I'm quite a few of them! I finally got a call back after the first one hung up on me. My flight was cancelled around 1pm, I've been dealing with this for almost 10 hours. I got my 2nd call back and have now been on hold with that for over 20 mins.

I'm trying to calm myself down so I'm not rude when I finally talk to someone....but 10 hours dealing with this, when I should be at the beach on a relaxing vacation is making this REALLY hard!

I just wanted to add my data point about PCing a Chase biz card. DH had a CIP that he wanted to PC to a CIC but they wouldn't let him because it only had 3K of CL. They offered to see if they could increase it but he said no because they would have probably done a hard pull on his credit. Instead he asked if they could transfer CL from another Chase card as he had another CIC with extra CL. They said sure and moved 2K over from the existing CIC to the new CIC. They never asked why he wanted two CICs.

I'm sure I'm quite a few of them! I finally got a call back after the first one hung up on me. My flight was cancelled around 1pm, I've been dealing with this for almost 10 hours. I got my 2nd call back and have now been on hold with that for over 20 mins.

I'm trying to calm myself down so I'm not rude when I finally talk to someone....but 10 hours dealing with this, when I should be at the beach on a relaxing vacation is making this REALLY hard!

we almost experienced the same thing. Flights to Hawaii booked and we had our negative Covid tests. Went to bed the night before the flight. DH phone starts getting texts. DH and DD flight is delayed about 30 minutes. Ok no big deal. Phone continues to get messages to the point that it’s almost midnight and the flight is so delayed they only have 10 minutes to catch connecting flight to HON. OMG I was freaking out! DS and I were booked on a separate flight to HON and no changes were made to ours.
called AA around 12:10 am (we were to leave for airport at 4:30 am). Did not get message to receive a call back. As he’s waiting on hold, I’m texting my SIL in Hawaii to try to contact the safe travels program. They can switch flights but their Covid tests would be outside the 72 hour mark. After 2 hours on hold we wake up the kids to drive to the airport for 3:45 when ticket counter opens. There were 2 flights leaving at 5 and 6 am I was praying the whole way they could get on them.
First agent had to get another agent because he kept saying the plane isn’t delayed. I was like look at our trip on the App...it’s delayed. After what seemed like forever (but was really about 15 minutes), they got the last 2 seats on the 6 am flight enabling them to make their connection to HNL. We leave this Friday for home...I’ve been watching our flights like a hawk....although I guess a few extra days in Hawaii wouldn’t be so bad lol

Parents with college-age kids... I have twins starting college this fall. Any tips for me credit card-wise. Do you pay the tuition with a credit card? Thanks in advance!

Parents with college-age kids... I have twins starting college this fall. Any tips for me credit card-wise. Do you pay the tuition with a credit card? Thanks in advance!

I know there are many on here that do. DD1 we did a few times. They allowed with a 2.85% fee. DD2 school did not allow any CCs but we did use Plastiq a few times. This year she will be living in an apt and they allow CC with a fee. We might use that. DS school also has a 2.85 (I believe) fee. We haven’t used yet. Weirdly his says Discover, Amex and MasterCard only and we haven’t had a new one of those in last year so we just paid out of checking. We may use CC in future.

Oh my night is getting better. I can't get ahold of anyone at AA. I've been waiting for a call back for 8 hours. I'm now on hold over 45 min. I've tried twitter.

I decided to look at my August flights, they changed them! I have a 5 hour layover in CLT now. I can't change the flights online, it says call! Are you kidding me? I can't call for the flight you cancelled and now you want me to call about a flight in August?

And I love on twitter how they randomly pick people to respond to and ignore others.

yesterday I had to book an AA flight that leaves today - and AA’a whole system was down. I couldn’t login on the app or any device. So I called - I picked the “call me back” option and was told they’d call me back in “more than 4 hours.” I FINALLY got my call back 7 hours later. (Fortunately in the meantime their system had come up, and I was able to book tne flight online.). So it’s not ideal, but if you don’t want to wait on hold, “call me back” is at least an option!

Congrats!

The number on the back of any Chase card should work. You can SM too. I know for the Hyatt cobrand it takes them 48 hours to verify your membership after approval, they won’t expedite until that happens. Not sure if United is the same. I think the approval emails are usually delayed, so it might be past that already.

Yep, I got the United Quest card a couple of weeks ago. I got the instant approval, and they wouldn’t expedite it for me when I first asked. When I called back, at first they said no again, but I told them I wanted it to book a United flight and magically they were able to expedite it. (They did first offer to book the flight for me, and I can’t remember what excuse I came up with that that wouldn’t work...)

Please keep my sweet boy in your thoughts. He got hit today and has a fractured leg. He’ll need to go to a surgeon to see if it requires surgery. My poor friend feels awful since we are in FL and it will be a long 5 days until we are home. (And, of course, I can’t post on FB since I don’t want my friend to take it wrong.)
Soooo sorry this happened! Being an overly obsessed dog mom by my own proclamation (I have no human children, my dogs are my kids, lol) I cannot even imagine what you guys are going through being so far away and having something like this happen. I hope you are able to enjoy your remaining time in FL and I hope puggles is going to be just fine! Keep us updated!

We never have (yet). Our youngest in still in college and I have $800 of prepaid visa cards that I'm going to try. His school charges (I think) 2.85%, so I've never just paid directly with a card. I figure if I pay it with the cards that I got fee free, I would still come out ahead since I got 5 UR points which is worth at least 7.5%.

When Plastiq used to have good deals I always took advantage of those to pay tuition. Last fall I found out about PayPal key and used that several times on Plastiq, but it doesn’t work anymore. Starting in January this year I started paying with VGC’s. I also used about half of our BCP deals (I think it was spend $500 and get $25 back) this spring on tuition. I don’t do more than one transaction a day to help keep the payments distinct and easier to track so I started paying on the next semester’s tuition well in advance of the due date. I keep track in a notebook (not sure why I didn’t use a spreadsheet, it just seemed easier at the time when I started it). I also use sharpie to mark the card I used and I’m holding onto them just in case. I think if a refund is needed though they direct deposit it to our bank account. :idea: Not sure about that but wouldn’t that be interesting? I get charged 2.75% using a CC and Amex is allowed at my younger son’s school, but it wasn’t at my older son’s (but he just graduated, yay!)

Please keep my sweet boy in your thoughts. He got hit today and has a fractured leg. He’ll need to go to a surgeon to see if it requires surgery. My poor friend feels awful since we are in FL and it will be a long 5 days until we are home. (And, of course, I can’t post on FB since I don’t want my friend to take it wrong.)View attachment 582191
I'm so sorry your puppers is injured. Hope he makes a quick recovery.

I made dining reservations for a Disney trip I’m still not sure I’m going on today!

Got Oga’s cantina, beaches and cream and breakfast at topolino’s terrace for the kiddos.

Taking suggestions for a birthday dinner for me! Not california grill. Did that last time we were at Disney for my birthday.

I made dining reservations for a Disney trip I’m still not sure I’m going on today!

Got Oga’s cantina, beaches and cream and breakfast at topolino’s terrace for the kiddos.

Taking suggestions for a birthday dinner for me! Not california grill. Did that last time we were at Disney for my birthday.
What day did you get toppolinos for? I’m hoping to get that same adr but our trip isn’t very long

Please keep my sweet boy in your thoughts. He got hit today and has a fractured leg. He’ll need to go to a surgeon to see if it requires surgery. My poor friend feels awful since we are in FL and it will be a long 5 days until we are home. (And, of course, I can’t post on FB since I don’t want my friend to take it wrong.)
I'm so sorry, that would be so stressful. I hope he's good as new soon.

I was very lucky, my dd's college allowed tuition to be paid directly to them, with no fees!
Southwest is having a 50% off sale. Must book 6/15-6/17 and travel 9/15-11/31/2021.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/southwest-50-off-flights-remember-to-rebook/
For once, a deal that works for me!!!! With having to totally shuffle our October trip, because we lost the dog sitter, and having everything in bits and pieces everywhere, this worked. We are currently flying down Delta and back SW and I was able to cut the points in half this morning. There is a also a small chance we will be able to fly down a day earlier (if my dd's work schedule gets changed) and Deltas prices are horrible that day. But SW has a Non stop from MSP that day, that I just got for 11xxx points, and then I have the CP for her. Insane, SW never has non stop to MCO from here, like ever. Now I am really really hoping she gets her schedule changed (well for many reasons).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter