I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m hoping I can take advantage of this new policy when I move the first leg of my existing RT Oct ‘21 booking to March ‘22. Will report back in a week.

Also, I will now need to take a positioning flight to travel in F on that trip. I am historically a loyal SW flyer but am thinking of booking the positioning flight in economy on Delta via VS to use up the awkward amount of VS miles I’ll have left over and save my more valuable (to me) RR points. Anyone flown 3-4 hours in DL economy? Not comfort plus, just regular old economy. Any major cons besides charges for checked bags and cramped seats?

I find DL econ fine. I fly it SEA - MCO if the price is right. Most of their planes have seatback screens which I find helps.

Trying to figure out if I could just cancel my Sept flights when the time comes and ge the miles back or if I should move it forward. Ultimately I want to go the same time frame in Sept next year. I think cancelling would be easier but I don't know if changing it would help if they deval at all.

Used my two HD Amex credits. Bought dd Company Store towels and a mattress topper for her dorm. Used my Paypal credits yesterday to order her duvet and insert. Can't believe she leaves in four months and two days.

Florida is beautiful right now. I've been taking long walks in the morning. The dog is hot (my dad has the heat on at times--think Seinfeld) but otherwise all is good. DS is being a pain but what else is new?

I want to book three nights at the Loews Royal Pacific in November using my URs, but I just looked and it says "sold out." I checked more dates and it continues to say sold out. The same is true for every other Universal Resort. Any insight?

Used my two HD Amex credits. Bought dd Company Store towels and a mattress topper for her dorm. Used my Paypal credits yesterday to order her duvet and insert. Can't believe she leaves in four months and two days.

Florida is beautiful right now. I've been taking long walks in the morning. The dog is hot (my dad has the heat on at times--think Seinfeld) but otherwise all is good. DS is being a pain but what else is new?
I'm in MN and it's 84 at my house right now!

Just want to say thanks
I hit the spend on one of the SW cards that I did a MDD with. Now for the 2nd card! then I'll worry about the 2nd part of the spend
of course their flight times to Nashville were terrible so I booked using United points. guess I'll have to open a unite card for dh so we don't have to pay bag fees! don't think he qualifed for sub since he just closed one due to not traveling

Hmm maybe I'll open it.. Need to check my chase cards

I want to book three nights at the Loews Royal Pacific in November using my URs, but I just looked and it says "sold out." I checked more dates and it continues to say sold out. The same is true for every other Universal Resort. Any insight?

What dates are you looking at? Hopefully it’s just a glitch. I doubt Universal is booked this far out already.

What dates are you looking at? Hopefully it’s just a glitch. I doubt Universal is booked this far out already.
November 11-14. I checked dates in April, May, June . . . all say sold out for every Universal resort. It has to be a glitch

I’m hoping I can take advantage of this new policy when I move the first leg of my existing RT Oct ‘21 booking to March ‘22. Will report back in a week.

Also, I will now need to take a positioning flight to travel in F on that trip. I am historically a loyal SW flyer but am thinking of booking the positioning flight in economy on Delta via VS to use up the awkward amount of VS miles I’ll have left over and save my more valuable (to me) RR points. Anyone flown 3-4 hours in DL economy? Not comfort plus, just regular old economy. Any major cons besides charges for checked bags and cramped seats?

We've flown DL economy 5+ hours regularly. I'm 5' tall, no way am I paying for comfort plus. :rotfl2:DH is 6'2 and I've heard no complaints from him. If you have a DL it takes care of the checked bags.

Hey all! I think my last post got lost in the hack.

I'm so glad we kept my DH's SW Priority card. We flew to Hawaii last week and got C10-13 on our flight from San Jose to Kona. We were able to use the 4 free upgrades and get A 1-4 which meant we got the exit row with extra legroom!

My question is regarding the AMEx Marriott offer for $50 back on $200. It expires 4/10. We are heading down to see DS at college this weekend and our dates are 4/9-4/11. If I choose the prepay rate do you think the cash back will work?

Have not read through all the posts but thought I would share I was able to successfully apply for the Sapphire Preferred in branch and got the annual fee waived for the 1st year and the 80K bonus offer. Sucks having to make an appt in branch, but saved me $95

Hey all! I think my last post got lost in the hack.

I'm so glad we kept my DH's SW Priority card. We flew to Hawaii last week and got C10-13 on our flight from San Jose to Kona. We were able to use the 4 free upgrades and get A 1-4 which meant we got the exit row with extra legroom!

My question is regarding the AMEx Marriott offer for $50 back on $200. It expires 4/10. We are heading down to see DS at college this weekend and our dates are 4/9-4/11. If I choose the prepay rate do you think the cash back will work?
As long as your transaction date is 4/10 or earlier it'll work. So you could ask at checkin to charge a specific amount and it might go through that day or I'd probably call ahead and see if they can charge it before if you want to be sure. I've booked prepaid rates and not all hotels actually charge it in advance like they say. We just stayed the other week on a prepaid rate and I didn't get charged until checkout :confused3

The hubby had a week stay for work last year and when he checked in asked to have the offer amount ($200 or 250) charged to my card and then the remainder on one of his. They charged it right away so the transaction date was check-in day instead of check out. But no guarantee they'll all do that.

Do you have a CSR? I would actually book directly through Universal/Loew’s and use PYB. It’s much easier if you have to cancel to get funds back rather looking for URs to be returned.

Just checked Chase and it does say all sold out on Chase. Yet there is availability totally open on the Universal site. Hopefully it will get fixed soon!

Thanks!
Do you have a CSR? I would actually book directly through Universal/Loew’s and use PYB. It’s much easier if you have to cancel to get funds back rather looking for URs to be returned.

Oh really? Ill look into that. 60,000 points would be 900 bucks?

I'm confused. I don't think 1.5X PYB works on travel purchases? Unless you mean a straight 1:1 cashout?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter