I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that was a fail. :sad: Denied for too many accounts. I'm 3/24 with 2 in Jan and 1 in Oct, and 1 biz in April.
That stinks. I was hoping that with referrals back they’d loosen up. Guess not. DH applied today. He was denied in Sept due to business structure and I was denied last month for too many accounts as well. At this point I’m not too hopeful, but for 120k UR I had to try.

That stinks. I was hoping that with referrals back they’d loosen up. Guess not. DH applied today. He was denied in Sept due to business structure and I was denied last month for too many accounts as well. At this point I’m not too hopeful, but for 120k UR I had to try.

I've given up on biz cards until I get to the point I'm done with other stuff and can give it time. Considering they denied me for pretty much every reason possible despite holding 2 cip. Oh well. Just waiting for my last cip af to hit so I can cancel it. They wouldn't give me a card so I doubt they'll increase the cl from the current 1k so I can pc it and I'm npt wasting another pull just for them to scream NO at me again :sad2: The extra at office supplies would be nice but that's ok.

Logged into my AA account, nothing new since the 3 miles I got in August for a survey. I also don't see an expiration date anywhere. I looked back at the monthly emails they send me, the July one said miles expire 12/2021, the August one does not list an expiration date either.

Went through the Chase website to cancel DS's December flights home. :sad1: Despite the warnings that it could take a while, credit came quickly. Gotta check if Alaska flies into Reagan.

You have to register under the promotion tab for your gift. Took me awhile to figure that out. Also took me forever to find my expiration date then forever again to find DHs because I forgot what I did 5 minutes earlier. lol I think it was under the wallet area. DH got a stinking seat upgrade instead of miles. He really needed the miles just to reset his clock. Need to remember to do something in the next month because his expiration is March 2021.

Do you wait 30 days to apply again?

You have to register under the promotion tab for your gift. Took me awhile to figure that out. Also took me forever to find my expiration date then forever again to find DHs because I forgot what I did 5 minutes earlier. lol I think it was under the wallet area. DH got a stinking seat upgrade instead of miles. He really needed the miles just to reset his clock. Need to remember to do something in the next month because his expiration is March 2021.
Thank you!!! I didn't know where to find the expiration. We also got the 100 miles, but more importantly the extension!

Called DVC this morning to knock off a night in February and to see what would happen to those points as they were borrowed.

They will be put back to 2021. This will continue to happen at least through the end of January, for anyone wondering. It is getting consideration about 2 months in advance.

I also checked on my January trip points to see if I had any 2019 wrapped into that and there are 4 BWV points, so no biggie. Still planning on going but will be watching the world. And also what can be done with points as I roll my trips forward. Probably add a night at Hilton Head in March. I've still got points I haven't banked so plenty of options. I feel okay about traveling to Hilton Head, but much less okay about anywhere in Florida right now. Need this mess to be over.

For fall of 2021, I've started a reservation but only booked 1 night so far as people are walking, so this forces me to walk behind them to get my nights. I considered a one bedroom, but a studio works better since I will do more Food and Wine booths, and less cooking. Usually at BWV, it's the standard nights that book in the first 10 seconds. This time around they are booking all 3 categories of studios. My ploy last year was to book any available night - this year each day is gone until the walker gets what they want.

Also decided to try for a grand villa at Hilton Head in the late fall. Would love to be there right now! There are only 5 of these so not always easy but we will see.

I hear you about Hilton Head. We have been 4 times since May (2 with the girls and 2 without the girls). There is a mandatory mask mandate on the island and lots of places to eat outside. Of course, it would be harder now with the weather getting colder. We have cancelled two trips to Orlando - one in September since we were just too busy and one in December since it is just too close to Christmas and I don't want to risk it with my parents. We ended up booking 4 nights in January. If we cancel this trip, we will have to book a trip before the end of March or we love those points. I half thought about borrowing from 2021 for the January trip in case we cancel and hoping they would still be honoring the "put back into your original use year", but didn't want to risk it.

Hope you get the grand villa at HHI! I have always wanted to book one.

Need some advice please

I finally got an email confirmation from Virgin that says my refund is coming (I mean.... I don't know exactly WHEN) and those fees were paid for on a CIP.

That same CIP just hit its annual fee renewal.

If I downgrade that CIP to a CIC/CIU before the refund actually hits my account, do you think there would be any trouble? As far as I remember, they keep the same card number when you PC/downgrade so I think it should be OK , but I just don't know if I should wait till the refund actually posts, or if I am OK to do it now.

Thanks. They sent me an email about 3:00 this afternoon about registering. Of course the site has been down since then and I can't get on.

Called DVC this morning to knock off a night in February and to see what would happen to those points as they were borrowed.

They will be put back to 2021. This will continue to happen at least through the end of January, for anyone wondering. It is getting consideration about 2 months in advance.

I also checked on my January trip points to see if I had any 2019 wrapped into that and there are 4 BWV points, so no biggie. Still planning on going but will be watching the world. And also what can be done with points as I roll my trips forward. Probably add a night at Hilton Head in March. I've still got points I haven't banked so plenty of options. I feel okay about traveling to Hilton Head, but much less okay about anywhere in Florida right now. Need this mess to be over.

For fall of 2021, I've started a reservation but only booked 1 night so far as people are walking, so this forces me to walk behind them to get my nights. I considered a one bedroom, but a studio works better since I will do more Food and Wine booths, and less cooking. Usually at BWV, it's the standard nights that book in the first 10 seconds. This time around they are booking all 3 categories of studios. My ploy last year was to book any available night - this year each day is gone until the walker gets what they want.

Also decided to try for a grand villa at Hilton Head in the late fall. Would love to be there right now! There are only 5 of these so not always easy but we will see.
I own at BWV too, hoping to book there for next November. I didn’t realize the walkers made it so difficult. I usually go online right at the 11 month window and am able to get what I want.

Need some advice please

I finally got an email confirmation from Virgin that says my refund is coming (I mean.... I don't know exactly WHEN) and those fees were paid for on a CIP.

That same CIP just hit its annual fee renewal.

If I downgrade that CIP to a CIC/CIU before the refund actually hits my account, do you think there would be any trouble? As far as I remember, they keep the same card number when you PC/downgrade so I think it should be OK , but I just don't know if I should wait till the refund actually posts, or if I am OK to do it now.
You will be fine to PC the CIP. Once the refund is issued it will show under the cancelled CIP and you can call or message Chase to send you the money (which they now do electronically). It's super easy.

Well the time I have been dreading may have arrived. Dd texted me last night saying that she can't go to London, the Maldives, Singapore and Dubai in May because she has a computer science course that runs from May to August. I am almost certain that it's online, so I'm not sure why she can't study while we are away (though it would be hard to study in London, Singapore and Dubai where we will have daily activities). I will have to talk with her live about this when she comes home in a few weeks. I'd be willing to trim the trip back a bit by removing Sinapore and Dubai if necessary. The WA Maldives was so hard to get for 9 nights and I don't realistically think I'd be able to get it on points again (they are only releasing rooms in 4 night blocks now and have been for some time). Edited: she said she will have live tutorials and due to time differences it wouldn't work :sad2::sad2:

Enjoy traveling with your young ones while you can. Time goes by too quickly...far too quickly.

I'm now thinking that I will go to Vienna and possibly Florence next December to visit some Christmas markets and maybe attend a Viennese waltz (this is on my bucket list and has been since I learned {and fell in love} with the Viennese waltz last time I was in Vienna).

Oh I am so sorry to hear that. I know how hard it had to be to get these aspirational experiences booked. I’m glad you’ve decided to knock off bucket list items though. That’s always satisfying.

Where can I find out if i used any of my Southwest $75 credit this year?

When I log into Chase, my cards are listed all on the first page. Next to the blue 'pay card' on the right are three horizontal dots. Under them is a link to rewards dashboard.
Thank you

Chase Freedom Flex (CFF) might be your next card in a few months, but wait until later to decide because there might be something better by then. The no AF CFF has a $200 SUB and earns 5% back on travel, 3% on drug stores, and has 5% quarterly bonus categories.
To clarify this, it's 5% back on travel purchased through Chase.

That probably makes a difference when weighing options.

You will be fine to PC the CIP. Once the refund is issued it will show under the cancelled CIP and you can call or message Chase to send you the money (which they now do electronically). It's super easy.
I’m not sure I follow this fully. @ten6mom is PCing... not cancelling. The refund will just show under the card which will remain open with the same card number. (So not a “cancelled” card).

Also should note that if that spend was previously towards an MSR I’d do the right thing and replace it vs. asking for a check, it’s simply the right thing to do. If it was extra spend beyond MSR then you could replace the spend (buy things to offset the credit balance), transfer the credit balance to another card you are currently spending on, or request a refund of the credit balance to your bank account through whatever options are available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter