I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to know. I don't anticipate meeting the MSR on this card until sometime in October when my property taxes should be posted. I don't usually pay them this early but I will to help with meeting the two MSR's. I've been putting the majority of my daily spend on the CSR.
So, if I'm within 90 days of approval it could still be considered for an adjustment of the signup bonus?
Chase’s policy is outside of 90 days they absolutely will not match. So you would need to request your match before you hit that date.

I haven't had cable in many years. Have been using netflix, hulu, amazon and disney plus. But my parents recently got Youtube tv and gave me their password (they use my netflix, hulu and amazon :rotfl: ) and I'm hooked. Watch it everyday and I never use to be much of a tv watcher. But it's expensive and I wouldn't want to pay for it, in addition to the streaming services that we already have.
Well considering it's less than half what I pay for Dish, and we have paid for Satellite or cable since the dawn of time, it's a bargain!

Well considering it's less than half what I pay for Dish, and we have paid for Satellite or cable since the dawn of time, it's a bargain!

I totally get it! My parents are super happy because they had just cut cable so their bill is now 1/2 and they can still watch the same shows.

Our FIOS contract is due for renewal in November - they are currently quoting a $70pm increase to continue with the existing contract - so I think we might be cutting the cord soon.

I'm wondering if I should ask to be matched with the 80k offer. I was approved for the CSP on 8/17 and I have not met MSR yet.
I would ask Chase in a heartbeat if this wasn't a part of a MDD.
Does anyone think that it could cause unwanted eyes on all of my accounts and see that I just did the MDD and close one of my cards if I were to ask for the match?
If I do ask Chase, would it be better if I called instead of sending a sm?

If it helps at all, I did SW MDD and later requested match on one of the cards. The match got me my CP. I chose not to request match on second card.

Our FIOS contract is due for renewal in November - they are currently quoting a $70pm increase to continue with the existing contract - so I think we might be cutting the cord soon.
That's why I switched. Fios raised my price. I was tired of paying for boxes. And honestly I prefer you tube tv to fios.

How long do I have to wait between Chase personal cards? I would like to get the CSP for Dh. I just got him the CFU last month.
Before that he got the CIP almost a year ago. No other cards opened before that for maybe 10 years. DH doesn’t like opening credit cards but said he would open 1 more to help pay for our Hawaii trip and the 80,000 UR seems like a good one.

Thanks. I will be keeping mine because of the benefits but I don't think we need two especially since I do most of the spending. Can PC to a CFU if he already has one?
That I am unsure about but I am sure someone else here can answer.

How long do I have to wait between Chase personal cards? I would like to get the CSP for Dh. I just got him the CFU last month.
Before that he got the CIP almost a year ago. No other cards opened before that for maybe 10 years. DH doesn’t like opening credit cards but said he would open 1 more to help pay for our Hawaii trip and the 80,000 UR seems like a good one.
Usually 3 months is the recommended wait between Chase applications

Some may remember that I was denied for a CSP back in July, for trivial issues in my opinion (too many recent cards - I got one, which was IHG Premier in March 2020. Before that, my last card was with Barclays in Apr 2019. And another reason they cited: too many balances, which we pay off in full every month.) I was also denied CSP in January 2018, for being over 5/24. (I did not have a good spreadsheet going at the time to track. I should've waited another month, when a card would have fell off and put me down to 4/24. Live and learn.) What are the chances any of you would reapply for a CSP after my track record? lol. I really want the elevated bonus, but not sure if I should risk applying again. I would wait the 3 months between applications, which would put me at October to reapply. But still... am I beating a dead horse here? Should I just forget about CSP and move onto the next card we want, which is a World of Hyatt?

Some may remember that I was denied for a CSP back in July, for trivial issues in my opinion (too many recent cards - I got one, which was IHG Premier in March 2020. Before that, my last card was with Barclays in Apr 2019. And another reason they cited: too many balances, which we pay off in full every month.) I was also denied CSP in January 2018, for being over 5/24. (I did not have a good spreadsheet going at the time to track. I should've waited another month, when a card would have fell off and put me down to 4/24. Live and learn.) What are the chances any of you would reapply for a CSP after my track record? lol. I really want the elevated bonus, but not sure if I should risk applying again. I would wait the 3 months between applications, which would put me at October to reapply. But still... am I beating a dead horse here? Should I just forget about CSP and move onto the next card we want, which is a World of Hyatt?
I would try again, you don’t have to wait 3 months since you weren’t approved for a card in July
but would recommend paying off any large balances before applying even it the cards haven’t closed yet.
Also check your Chase CLs on existing cards if they are close to 50% of household income or $75k reduce them before applying

Do you let your balances post each month or do you pay them off before the statement cuts? Do you have a high limit on the IHG? I would definitely try again.

I would try again, you don’t have to wait 3 months since you weren’t approved for a card in July
but would recommend paying off any large balances before applying even it the cards haven’t closed yet.
Also check your Chase CLs on existing cards if they are close to 50% of household income or $75k reduce them before applying
Do you let your balances post each month or do you pay them off before the statement cuts? Do you have a high limit on the IHG? I would definitely try again.
Thank you both for the replies! I do let the balances post each month, and then pay off in full. I could try paying off before statement even cuts, to see if that helps. My CL on the IHG was $10K, and I lowered to $5K right off the bat like a month after I got the card. I did not want that much tied up on an IHG card. I wonder if I could lower it to even $2K. I am only at about 25% of income on credit lines w/ Chase. If I could lower both my 2 IHG cards to a minimum, then I'd be at more like 10%.

Thank you both for the replies! I do let the balances post each month, and then pay off in full. I could try paying off before statement even cuts, to see if that helps. My CL on the IHG was $10K, and I lowered to $5K right off the bat like a month after I got the card. I did not want that much tied up on an IHG card. I wonder if I could lower it to even $2K. I am only at about 25% of income on credit lines w/ Chase. If I could lower both my 2 IHG cards to a minimum, then I'd be at more like 10%.
I would pay off the balance before it posts and 25% should be fine with Chase

:dogdance: :dogdance: :dogdance: :dogdance: for some of you.

Hoping I pulled the link off the app correctly otherwise @SouthFayetteFan @Lain or someone more reddit Davy will have to do it.

Reports on r/churning of 80k sign up bonus on CSP. Do read the comments about getting the link to pull.

Eta I can't believe I scooped @SouthFayetteFan on this. I even waited for comments because I couldn't get it to pull but wasn't trying as much as them. Wish I was eligible.
now I'm all :banana: after seeing this and then I'm all this:sad: bc I'm not yet eligible..... I'm hoping it lasts a while

so I wonder if I app'd right now, and then went for PC in Nov. on CSr would I get that? That would be so cool....

You have to hold a card for a year before you can PC. It would work if you have another card you can change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter