I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
P2 applied for CSP on 7/1. I haven’t SM’d yet because I was waiting on some positive DP’s. Guess I’ll wait a bit longer. Is 90 days ago typically the longest back they’ll give a match? We got our bonus about a month ago.
90 days is pretty much a hard rule. So if positive DPs come, I’d make sure to request before the calendar turns to October since you’re almost at the 90 days already.

CSP is the only card I hold that has an AF. I keep it for the travel benefits that CF and CFU don't have (URs/rental car insurance). But I did PC or cancel - don't remember - DH's CSP after one year and got him the CFU. I transfer his CFU URs to my CSP monthly.

Thanks. I will be keeping mine because of the benefits but I don't think we need two especially since I do most of the spending. Can PC to a CFU if he already has one?

Well I am dumb.

The CIC earns 5x on Internet? So I currently pay my Cox Cable bill online with .. .some other Chase card (CIP I think) but I should switch it to the CIC?

*sigh* thank you but I'm embarrassed not to have known this already.
Yep move it to your CIC. Internet and cable are 5x. I move mine to help with MSR and then move back to my CIC.

The chase online portal is showing about 1k points less SW RR point balance than the SW website. Is this a bug or is SW/Chase clawing back some points for some reason? I don't use my SW card except for a $5 amazon reload balance every couple months.

edit: must be a bug. Says as of 2/17/2020

Does anyone use Youtube TV? Contract is up with Dish, time to do something else. Currently doing a trial of Youtube TV, curious of others thoughts/opinions. This has probably been discussed before, but I have been so busy I miss half of what goes on here :-)

Does anyone use Youtube TV? Contract is up with Dish, time to do something else. Currently doing a trial of Youtube TV, curious of others thoughts/opinions. This has probably been discussed before, but I have been so busy I miss half of what goes on here :-)
Love You Tube TV. Been using it for almost two years. The unlimited cloud dvr is the best.

I chickened out of booking my tickets to Europe for next summer. So much uncertainty I don't know what to do. If I book United and get stuck with three $1,000 vouchers, I'm not sure what I'll do with them.

A dollar here a dollar there - needed to go to Safeway this morning so checked the app and they had the $10 0ff 2 of the $50 visa gift cards as well as the $15 off 2 of the $100 visa gift cards. Quickly added the offers and a few other smaller ones such as $1 off produce, $1 off bakery and 29 cents for up to 6 Yoplait which I rarely buy but for 29 cents they jumped in my cart.

Small money maker on the $100 visa's - $3.10.

Wanted to pull some spend over to my Lux/Brilliant/Amex to complete the spend $1k get $100 credit, and get it done before I apply for CSP.

I've been able to apply for CSP but put it off so that it would fall into my bigger spend months - $4000 in 3 months always seems daunting to me as my actual expenses are so bitsy, but somehow, if the time is right I always seem to manage. Anyway, if I get approved, putting it off will put a few more UR's in the pot.

It makes it a LOT easier that it's a visa as I'll easily pick up half the spend at Costco.

The chase online portal is showing about 1k points less SW RR point balance than the SW website. Is this a bug or is SW/Chase clawing back some points for some reason? I don't use my SW card except for a $5 amazon reload balance every couple months.

I noticed that this morning also. Weird that they’re showing the balance from February.

And, while in the store I got side tracked again.

My 'old' Samsung 8 has my Safeway App on it, along with a few others. So I keep it on my night table with/near my phone charger and have never bothered to download those apps onto my new phone that I got back in March. Usually this works fine as I just use wifi with the older phone at home and add everything before I go shopping. With my little sight issues I like to be prepared instore and not have to be consulting the app or it's lists while shopping.

So, I see another instore offer. And it wants me to scan the offer with the app to get the $ off. So, now it's not good enough that I have the app and used it to plan my visit, it wants me to interact with the app in real shopping time. Sorry Safeway, there is only so much tech I'm going to bother with while I'm walking the aisles.

Being older, I've already forgotten what the product was! If I'd seen it on the app earlier, I would have bought it as a lot of my purchases in Safeway are impulse driven, since I do split my shopping between Costco, Sam's, BJ's, Safeway, Giant, Aldi and Shoppers, Whole Foods, Trader Joe's - not all of them each month, but I get to all of them in time. And, if something is discounted and I can't 'get' the discount, however small, it drives away my need for the product.

I pretty much gave up Target because of having to be so involved in Cartwheel and their cumbersome little gift cards, $5 here and there, which I'm sure if you keep up with it probably nets some return. I'm just bored by it and will shop elsewhere, probably online. I mean with all the Shipt, Instacart, and other services, not that many people are actually in the stores now.

Well, here's a dining discount that I haven't seen advertised. It's Landry's at Disney, just in case anyone here is going in the next two weeks and is an educator/teacher. I like Terralina but haven't eaten at Paddlefish. This was an email from Landry's Levy Restaurants just now. I've had a Levi's card forever and get the $25 birthday credit to use when I go there. They also have a 4-6 cocktail happy hour special for Sangria - a $20 pitcher.

Back to School Teacher Discounts!
Teachers and Educators receive 35% off dine-in every day during the month of September at both Paddlefish and Terralina Crafted Italian!
Both Terralina Crafted Italian and Paddlefish are part of Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining program, running through October 4, 2020. Visit us for a prix-fixe dinner for just $35 per person! Plus, $1 from each meal served benefits Feed the Need Florida, which works to help feed people who have struggled with getting access to healthy food during the COVID crisis.

Chase and SW are messed up for my dh too. Almost 100k points less showing on Chase's site than what he has on SW site.

Can you refer a friend to a Chase Freedom Flex from a CF or CFU? I have both CF and CFU and would like DH to get the CFF.
Thanks.

Can you refer a friend to a Chase Freedom Flex from a CF or CFU? I have both CF and CFU and would like DH to get the CFF.
Thanks.

Nope, if you try to create a referral link from the old chase freedom it just creates a link for the freedom unlimited. Normally it has to be the same card. If you have had your freedom for a year you can PC to a flex and then refer your DH.

I'm dying with all these card offers and this damn refi! They just got back to me again. The underwriter is not happy with the $25k I took from Discover to Simple and back to Discover this year. They keep asking me for more and more statements. I've explained SEVERAL times over what I did, I said it was for a better interest rate, not a bank bonus, LOL. I really hate underwriting. When I went through the process to assume the VA loan, they said it would take 3 mos tops, it took nearly 18mos! And just when I was finally approved they sold me to another company so I had to wait while they took it over and processed the rest of the process. The "fun" part was we were in the divorce, so we had paid our lawyer about $1800 to create documents we needed to try and get the assumption before the divorce was final. Because we weren't sure he'd qualify for a loan while still on the house. Luckily he did, because it took them FOREVER!

I HATE UNDERWRITING!

The Amex small biz offer.....I used it at a local restaurant. My bill was $24.51 and I show a $25 credit from the same place. I did get emails about the various liquor stores triggering the offer. So did Amex just combine several stores into that credit? I counted them up, and it could be the restaurant plus the 4 liquor stores. Also how long is it taking places to post? I've had 2 places I used my card that show up on the small business listings, but I never got an email saying it was triggered. I have redeemed $30 (posted) but I used in those two other places listed on the website. I want to use the rest of the credits ASAP if these other places aren't going to trigger the offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter