I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was DHs account so I made him call. After 40 minute hold time, they canceled the flights. He told them he wanted his miles back and they said yes 25k miles per person would go back. No mention of paying to redeposit miles. A couple hours have passed and the miles are back in DHs account. No pending credit or charges found on cc yet.
That’s great news! Thank you for letting me know. It seems like the right thing for them to do at this point.

For the AA web special cancel. I was able to cancel our June flights online. I just went to my iteneriary and cancelled. Then I DM tweeted American airlines with a request to redeposit the points (on the website it says don't worry your points are safe just call us when you are ready to reschedule), but someone on here, sorry I don't remember who, said to send them a DM on twitter to just get your points redeposited and it worked. There was no fee either, because it fell within the COVID-19 dates they have on their website.
I signed up for Twitter just for this reason. People had commented on getting quick responses so I figured I’d give it a try. Had a few chats with Southwest, and so far have had very good luck with quick friendly service 👍🏻

Next card timing question. Thanks to doing all the grocery shopping for the past month and a half, no sales on food, picking up take out and some online purchases, I'm about 20 bucks short of my plat spend though I will keep using it through the end of the month because there are some purchases from mygiftcardplus on there, connects with swagbucks and there's no visa/mc it's all stores/restaurants etc. But to be sure I'll keep spending plus I have an extra 3 months and it's only like 200 bucks in gc.

Anyway, I'd planned on trying for the hilton again after all of this, my 3 months from when I got the plat is the 24th. I've used my dl card some during this time but not a ton but it's also a biz card so I would think it makes sense it's not used as much. Anyway, should I wait until the 24th to try for the hilton or am I good to try now? I'd kind of like to do it now so that if I get the popup I can figure out over the next week or two what I want to do vs feeling like I need to do it now for the MSR.

Next card timing question. Thanks to doing all the grocery shopping for the past month and a half, no sales on food, picking up take out and some online purchases, I'm about 20 bucks short of my plat spend though I will keep using it through the end of the month because there are some purchases from mygiftcardplus on there, connects with swagbucks and there's no visa/mc it's all stores/restaurants etc. But to be sure I'll keep spending plus I have an extra 3 months and it's only like 200 bucks in gc.

Anyway, I'd planned on trying for the hilton again after all of this, my 3 months from when I got the plat is the 24th. I've used my dl card some during this time but not a ton but it's also a biz card so I would think it makes sense it's not used as much. Anyway, should I wait until the 24th to try for the hilton or am I good to try now? I'd kind of like to do it now so that if I get the popup I can figure out over the next week or two what I want to do vs feeling like I need to do it now for the MSR.
Pacing doesn't seem to be as big of a hot-button with Amex. I'd say go for it 👍, but maybe see if any others weigh in on the other side since I'm not always in tune with all things Amex these days.

Amex Clawbacks of Airline Incidental Credits for Delta Gift Cards:
There have been reports here and here discussing clawbacks on Delta Gift Cards that triggered Amex Incidental credits. I know it sounds "tin foil hat" but I'd be wary of discussing those activities here but for those who it affects, I'd read up on the issue. In one instance they went back 2 years on a closed card... Amex RAT is at it again...

(This should be on cards like Gold and Plat... not on the Delta cards, because the gift cards purchased to trigger those credits were eligible expenses).

Also - here it is reported on DoC but not really any new details - perhaps comments that might help though:
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amer...fy-now-clawing-back-2-years-worth-of-credits/

Amex Clawbacks of Airline Incidental Credits for Delta Gift Cards:
There have been reports here and here discussing clawbacks on Delta Gift Cards that triggered Amex Incidental credits. I know it sounds "tin foil hat" but I'd be wary of discussing those activities here but for those who it affects, I'd read up on the issue. In one instance they went back 2 years on a closed card... Amex RAT is at it again...

(This should be on cards like Gold and Plat... not on the Delta cards, because the gift cards purchased to trigger those credits were eligible expenses).

View attachment 492508

Also - here it is reported on DoC but not really any new details - perhaps comments that might help though:
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amer...fy-now-clawing-back-2-years-worth-of-credits/

If they didn't make such a ridiculous airline credit that most people that will be ok with that af won't actually use because they have bags covered with another card or through the cabin they are booked in. If they'd just let you use it for upgrades at least, I mean most don't pay to select a seat either. It's silly.

Oh and the one person who had it happened, the card was closed so that won't get you away from it either.

Good luck! You are doing the Aspire right? 12x on groceries is a nice perk at the moment too!

Good luck! You are doing the Aspire right? 12x on groceries is a nice perk at the moment too!

No, I think the surpass so I can hopefully get an upgrade offer in a year. But also my store doesn't code as grocery with amex so that doesn't help. It's a kroger but I guess since they also sell clothes, toys, home stuff etc they are coded the same as Target. Chase has them as grocery though.

If they didn't make such a ridiculous airline credit that most people that will be ok with that af won't actually use because they have bags covered with another card or through the cabin they are booked in. If they'd just let you use it for upgrades at least, I mean most don't pay to select a seat either. It's silly.

Oh and the one person who had it happened, the card was closed so that won't get you away from it either.

Totally agree. It's almost impossible for us to use the credit and that is my one big complaint about the Platinum card. The CSR makes is so much easier to use those travel credits.

If pictures of your baby annoy people I will not rest until they are banned from the DIS...nay, banned from life itself!!! We wants the baby pics!! It’s the only hope some of us have right now 🤣

EDIT: To be clear, I have absolutely no power to ban anybody from the DIS... or from life... I basically wield no power whatsoever, it was a joke, haha!
Lol I’ll still try not to post as many. If you want them you’ll have to pm me

I didn’t even think of that. I’ll have to check if it will qualify using it to buy a gift card or not.
We’ve done it before with a 20% off. We did it because if you use Amex points you have to pay with the Amex card. But we found out they’ll let you use a gift card with the Amex points so we bought the gc with my CSR and used one Amex point

I'm back with a few questions and some happy news. I'm finally under 5/24 for the first time in about 4 years.

Looking to get into biz cards and don't know where to start. UTI is very high, but not a single derog on my report. I have three cards from Chase, 4 from AMEX. Applied for a BBP about three months ago and was denied for balances being too high. I'm working on those. I work umpiring softball, including some travel. Generally make between $1500 and $2000 a year.

Question #2. I have a no-fee Hilton AMEX, if I upgrade to the Aspire would I get the free weekend night immediately? And then another on my account anniversary in January?

Question #3. I currently have a Delta Gold AMEX. There is no way I'm keeping this card once the AF comes due with the nerfing they did of it. Should I just close the line altogether or keep it as a Blue?

I've been trying to follow along, but have a question about the AMEX streaming credit. I can't find it in my account - is there a place to sign up for it or it just automatic?

Congrats! It all worked out for you!

I was so worried that all the spend on the plat with a bit on the dl weren't going to be enough and they'd still say No soup for you! Watching the blue circle spin forever had me worried because it was at the point where you either get the popup or it keeps going and I didn't know which way it was thinking it should go.

I've been trying to follow along, but have a question about the AMEX streaming credit. I can't find it in my account - is there a place to sign up for it or it just automatic?

There's nothing on the account that anyone's seen so as far as we all know it's automatic for both. We'll know once the dp's start coming in. Also curious with the streaming how it credit's since most are under $20 and pay on different days for most people.

I'm back with a few questions and some happy news. I'm finally under 5/24 for the first time in about 4 years.

Looking to get into biz cards and don't know where to start. UTI is very high, but not a single derog on my report. I have three cards from Chase, 4 from AMEX. Applied for a BBP about three months ago and was denied for balances being too high. I'm working on those. I work umpiring softball, including some travel. Generally make between $1500 and $2000 a year.

Question #2. I have a no-fee Hilton AMEX, if I upgrade to the Aspire would I get the free weekend night immediately? And then another on my account anniversary in January?

Question #3. I currently have a Delta Gold AMEX. There is no way I'm keeping this card once the AF comes due with the nerfing they did of it. Should I just close the line altogether or keep it as a Blue?
Congrats on going under 5/24!!!!

Don’t upgrade to Aspire unless you’ve already had one. Once you upgrade you lose the chance at a new card bonus.

I’d dump the DL CC and free up the slot. There is no benefit to the blue DL.

So first step would be to look into what's going on with Chase biz cards. It's not been good news lately for sole prop applications. Approvals are hit or miss...and more miss than hit. We've had a few folks squeak through but can't identify why the majority are getting denied other than the fact that Chase is certainly trying to reduce potential bad exposure to small businesses.

I can't answer either of your questions, just wanted to put this info out there.

There's nothing on the account that anyone's seen so as far as we all know it's automatic for both. We'll know once the dp's start coming in. Also curious with the streaming how it credit's since most are under $20 and pay on different days for most people.

DH was thinking about just sending $20 to each of ours and paying a bit ahead. I'm not sure if he will do it, or if it will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter