I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We typod something for our nanny taxes last year and the IRS sent us a bill for the $8 we owed we hadn’t yet paid :rotfl2:

Still though we aren’t close to $600
Some Tap to Pay promotions out there again. Just got an email for my Marriott card.

Tap to pay three times from Jan. 30 through Feb. 29, 2020, and receive 500 Bonus Points when each purchase is $1.75 or more.*
Whats the value on 500 Marriot points, a nickel?!

We typod something for our nanny taxes last year and the IRS sent us a bill for the $8 we owed we hadn’t yet paid :rotfl2:

I got a letter sent to me a few years ago for adding up something incorrectly. It just reduced my refund by a couple of dollars.

lol Probably. Last time I got the offer on my Marriott, Hyatt and CSR. I only did the CSR because I never use the other 2 and I kept forgetting to get them out of sock drawer. I don't remember seeing the min before. I guess they got tired of the 3 bananas trick at self checkout. lol

I just got the pop denial for Amex. I was applying for the aspire card. I currently have 3 cards bbp, Hilton biz and brilliant card. I recently took a retention offer on the brilliant. Should I spend on all 3 cards or just the Hilton biz once I meet the required spend from the retention offer. Also, if dw has an employee card on the Hilton biz would she be blocked and get the pop up denial? If not then should dw apply?

There have been some crazy good confirmed reservations for dvc resorts. They’re all for tonight, tomorrow, or Thursday but holy cow. I’m seeing a studio at Saratoga for $110 and a studio at old key west for $100! We can’t go during the week otherwise I’d be all over these

Last edited:
I’m back with another stupid question, lol. How long does it take to get the physical card after applying? The approval page said 7-10 days. Hoping it comes sooner coz I just found out I have a big dental expense next week which will more than cover my initial spend requirement.

I decided against going for the SW companion pass... we’re only traveling once more this year & twice next year. It just isn’t enough to try to make the spends needed. I will probably have the flights purchased for our trip later this year before I get the pass anyway. So it would only cover 2 trips next year. But I did just apply for my own personal card and those points will be plenty to cover next year’s trips.
Mine came within 5 days. I wasn't expecting it so soon.

Checked my email and I have the same offer. So, now I have to figure out what I buy using a credit card for a minimum of $1.75.

So, I looked at my Chase offers for this card and I have Rite Aid good for 10% up to $4 back over the next 18 days. Hopefully Rite Aid has Tap to pay.

I only have 3 offers on this card - two which I will not use. Has anyone bought gift cards at Rite Aid with the Chase offer?

There have been some crazy good confirmed reservations on the dvc rental store. They’re all for tonight, tomorrow, or Thursday but holy cow. I’m seeing a studio at Saratoga for $110 and a studio at old key west for $100! We can’t go during the week otherwise I’d be all over these
I got majorly yelled at by a mod for mentioning that site on another section of this website. Apparently it is a Site That Shall Not Be Named. (They are a direct competitor of a sponsor)

Last edited:
Checked my email and I have the same offer. So, now I have to figure out what I buy using a credit card for a minimum of $1.75.

So, I looked at my Chase offers for this card and I have Rite Aid good for 10% up to $4 back over the next 18 days. Hopefully Rite Aid has Tap to pay.

I only have 3 offers on this card - two which I will not use. Has anyone bought gift cards at Rite Aid with the Chase offer?
The last time I had the Rite Aid offer I purchased Disney gift cards....I’ve been checking since the beginning of January and unfortunately the stores near me no longer carry Disney...plenty of other gift cards though

I got majorly yelled at by a mod for mentioning that site on another section of this website. Apparently it is a Site That Shall Not Be Named.

The dis is sponsored by the dvc store so that may be part of it. Insert shruggy shoulder smiley, the smile and the rest of the menu above thr post is greyed out. Insert shruggy again.

There have been some crazy good confirmed reservations on the dvc xxxxx. They’re all for tonight, tomorrow, or Thursday but holy cow. I’m seeing a studio at Saratoga for $110 and a studio at old key west for $100! We can’t go during the week otherwise I’d be all over these

Most people can't jump on these last minute things above. Would be a nice deal to get if it worked for you.

I took a look at the further out stuff and the prices are kind of ridiculous. They've got a 1 night Kilimanjaro studio on March 12 ( equals 23 points) listed for $634. That's $28.61 a point. About $10 more a point than the Dis rental board's highest prices.

Maybe they will get it, who knows?

I do know that if you don't have AKV points, it's almost impossible to get those rooms now. I use to pick up 2-3 nights easily by stalking the website or waitlisting.

The last time I had the Rite Aid offer I purchased Disney gift cards....I’ve been checking since the beginning of January and unfortunately the stores near me no longer carry Disney...plenty of other gift cards though

Our nearby Rite Aid is closed but there's one near older daughter so I'll maybe get it done this weekend. I can grab a gift card of some sort and a couple of small transactions of personal stuff - maybe a tube of toothpaste or something.

It could be? I haven't done Royal but for NCL it's up to me to fill out the form with the new TA info and submit it to NCL, then NCL releases/transfers the reservation to the new TA (Chase). So it's not totally outside the norm. I contacted Chase to get the TA info for the form first since it asks for an agent name, the agency and a phone number. Then when NCL released it, my agent at Chase sent me an email and confirmed he got it. Some cruise lines you can do over the phone, others you gotta do the form thing.

From memory I think @Alexle2007 , @bernina and @Jen and Ashwin have done this with RCCL. (I think) Maybe they can help with specifics.
I called Chase Travel and they handled everything. I didn’t even have to complete a form. It was so simple.

Most people can't jump on these last minute things above. Would be a nice deal to get if it worked for you.

I took a look at the further out stuff and the prices are kind of ridiculous. They've got a 1 night Kilimanjaro studio on March 12 ( equals 23 points) listed for $634. That's $28.61 a point. About $10 more a point than the Dis rental board's highest prices.

I do know that if you don't have AKV points, it's almost impossible to get those rooms now. I use to pick up 2-3 nights easily by stalking the website or waitlisting.
Dh said we should just do it but we really shouldn’t lol. I’m hoping to see some of these in the summer when we can take our son

That AKV one is insane, even for club level. I have 4 nights at akl club level booked one March, on an AP discount admittedly, but I’m paying way way less than that.

I have always called Chase and requested the reservation to be transferred. They have 3-way called RC with me on the phone to get authorization and then RC has processed the transfer. It does take a few days for the transfer to be effective generally. You need to do this within 30 days from the original booking date or else RC will not allow it.
It’s actually 60 days for RCCL.

From RCCL:
Bookings may only be transferred to a Travel Advisor up until 60 days from creation if the request is made outside of Final Payment period and the booking is not paid in full.

I think our softball team is going to buy out our stay to play requirement for Oklahoma City. Any hotel recommendations for the area? It sounds like the fields we'll be playing on are scattered around so location doesn't seem too important. Some families are looking at AirBnB, some hotel. I will likely book a hotel on points. My preference is 3 sleeping surfaces (so 2 beds and a pullout). I don't even know where to begin.
We just stayed in the Bricktown area of OKC right before Christmas. We booked Hampton Inn through Chase because Hilton point requirements were really high compared to what the actual rate was. Our hotel backed right up to the minor league baseball stadium downtown, and was very family friendly with a nice zero entry indoor pool. We did have to pay parking each night, but the parking garage had an elevator into the lobby, so at least it was convenient! There were a lot of the major hotel chains in that area, so I'd imagine they are all similarly convenient. Even though it was December, the area was very walkable to get to restaurants, and more!

That AKV one is insane, even for club level. I have 4 nights at akl club level booked one March, on an AP discount admittedly, but I’m paying way way less than that.

Good to hear! I do enjoy that room - I mean the club itself, and I like staying there, but having done it so many times in the past very cheaply I can't see those prices. Without using DVC points I've had great rooms on the 4th or 5th floor looking out at the Arusha Savannah. I would do a paid upgrade at check in for a nominal amount from a standard room. It was a little trick I learned on some board before disboards. Worked every time and then I bought DVC and they changed the top floor to the DVC rooms, and I was able to get it quite often at 7 months for points. Haven't had a night up there in more than 3 years though and definitely won't be throwing cash at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter