I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@calypso726 I decided to maybe use my Hilton FNCs at the Conrad London in September or October, traveling solo. Since one of my goals is pjs from first I thought BA would be a fine choice. I'll likely be flying out of Toronto; when I checked the BA website for flights on points it says no flights available for my dates (from September 5th through end of November). I also checked AA (leaving from JFK) and it says a flight on first in September would be 600k points and require a re-positioning flight (to Boston). Am I doing something wrong? Is there somewhere else I can check? My dates are flexible since I'm going solo, but I really, really want first for those pjs.

I could also fly with an airline that I can transfer URs to.

How do I find something without driving myself insane looking? I've only used BA once (for our Maldives trip); we usually use AC, but with my URs I wouldn't mind transferring some out and using them, just in case.

I have always called Chase and requested the reservation to be transferred. They have 3-way called RC with me on the phone to get authorization and then RC has processed the transfer. It does take a few days for the transfer to be effective generally. You need to do this within 30 days from the original booking date or else RC will not allow it.
I called Chase Travel and they handled everything. I didn’t even have to complete a form. It was so simple.

Sounds like HUCA to me @pinkxray :rotfl:

Unless RCCL changed in the last couple months. But I'd try again; like most things, some reps are better than others :)

Dusted off my old Chase points, moved some over and booked two nights (points + cash) at the Hyatt Boston Harbor for my Aerosmith trip.

Next up: flights. Not sure I want to wait for Southwest.
Have you stayed there? We're considering a Boston long weekend later in the year. I went to school in Mass but dh has never been. He's a huge history buff!

I’m back with another stupid question, lol. How long does it take to get the physical card after applying? The approval page said 7-10 days. Hoping it comes sooner coz I just found out I have a big dental expense next week which will more than cover my initial spend requirement.

I decided against going for the SW companion pass... we’re only traveling once more this year & twice next year. It just isn’t enough to try to make the spends needed. I will probably have the flights purchased for our trip later this year before I get the pass anyway. So it would only cover 2 trips next year. But I did just apply for my own personal card and those points will be plenty to cover next year’s trips.
My husband was approved for a CIC last Tuesday and card arrived yesterday. It also said 7 - 10 business days.

So much use! Multiple domestic flights over the last few years and 1 international J to Seychelles that I will never forget as I got to do Q-Suite LAX-DOH, QR J DOH-SEZ + about 8 hours in the QR J lounge in DOH!

I was coming quite close to asking my bff if she wanted to go to africa with me and telling her I would cover J flights RT with my AA points- VERY glad this nonsense started before I even suggested this to her. I've lost a domestic flight and some hopes and dreams. Luckier than many people ended up.
I’m really sorry to hear this but the beauty of this hobby is that hopes and dreams can be shattered by one currency but paid for by another. Happy (new) travels!
The dis is sponsored by the dvc store so that may be part of it. Insert shruggy shoulder smiley, the smile and the rest of the menu above thr post is greyed out. Insert shruggy again.
All my little buttons above the text box are gone too. I think it’s because I have flash shut off because of the ads?? The only one I know by heart is :)

I’m really sorry to hear this but the beauty of this hobby is that hopes and dreams can be shattered by one currency but paid for by another. Happy (new) travels!

All my little buttons above the text box are gone too. I think it’s because I have flash shut off because of the ads?? The only one I know by heart is :)

Do you think you might have toggled the tools icon by accident? It grays out everything. I mean inside the reply box - the last symbol in line.

@calypso726 I decided to maybe use my Hilton FNCs at the Conrad London in September or October, traveling solo. Since one of my goals is pjs from first I thought BA would be a fine choice. I'll likely be flying out of Toronto; when I checked the BA website for flights on points it says no flights available for my dates (from September 5th through end of November). I also checked AA (leaving from JFK) and it says a flight on first in September would be 600k points and require a re-positioning flight (to Boston). Am I doing something wrong? Is there somewhere else I can check? My dates are flexible since I'm going solo, but I really, really want first for those pjs.

I could also fly with an airline that I can transfer URs to.

How do I find something without driving myself insane looking? I've only used BA once (for our Maldives trip); we usually use AC, but with my URs I wouldn't mind transferring some out and using them, just in case.

Sep 20 has 1st for the outbound. You can get 1st on the 18th by positioning LON- JFK. PHL on the 21st. BOS on the 23rd. If you do 2 one ways and take one of the flights over or back in business you can still get jammies.

Last edited:
Another Reminder: Don't file your taxes until your sure you've received ALL tax forms for the year to avoid having to file an amended return.

1099s for support clicks will be coming, typically it's for folks who received $500-$600 or more in value during the year but it's probably best to be patient to make sure nothing unexpected hits your inbox! And please check to make sure they are accurate - In the event of an error, you don't want to pay taxes on money you never received!
What is the best way to determine if they were accurate? I was surprised to receive one for player 2. This is just for support clicks right?

Do you think you might have toggled the tools icon by accident? It grays out everything. I mean inside the reply box - the last symbol in line.

On my phone and hadn't changed anything so I'd have never figured it out. Thanks @Judique

And to make up :confused3:confused3

For anyone who hasn't used their AmEx Sam's Club membership offer yet, the Sam's Join for $45 get $45 back promotion is back!
Valid 1/27 - 3/8/2020

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/sams-club-join-for-45-get-45-money-maker-after-stacking/
It worked for me last year to stack this with a new member GC offer. You kinda layer your links to set all the cookies and it'll add each offer onto the order.
You'd load the promo link they send in the email but don't finish checking out. Then you'd load something like a support link to get a eGC added to the order in the same tab. Now you'd finish checking out.

I gave up waiting for this promo to come back and used another link for $20 eGC. I stacked that with my support link (signed up hubby this year) and I have two $20 eGCs attached to my membership order BUT nothing has shipped yet so there's no charge on the AmEx yet :(. I don't think it's necessarily the stacking that has our order delayed, others successfully do this, but it is an oddity I thought I'd mention. (it's just weird they haven't charged the membership charge yet. it went pending but just dropped off today since they didn't finalize it. :confused3 )

What are your earning patterns like for URs? I don't get the impression that URs are unsafe, now or frankly at any point in the past, and I'm not certain it's worth worrying about it especially if you're earning from simple SUBs and ongoing spend.
We have a mix of cards and follow the 3 month rule of thumb, but did take a few big sips from a certain cup this year.

I used my CIP tonight (made a few returns so am using for non cat spend to make sure I pass msr) to order a copy of my dad's death certificate. I don't have one and want it for genealogy purposes.

Anyway I know we've talked about how to explain something as a biz expense (not sure how I would here) but what's the weirdest thing you've charged to a biz card?
Just today. I charged my dogs microchip service. Apparently my employees’ pets have good benefits too.
I've been wanting to lose 10 pounds for a few years. Well I'm down 4 due to my work stress. I have never been through anything like what I'm dealing with now and my emotions are all over the place--sad, scared, anxious, overwhelmed.
I’m so sorry, that’s terrible.
Ok I decided to cancel my big 40th birthday trip that was supposed to be happening in March due to this Corona virus. We were flying into Shanghai and going to Shanghai Disneyland then traveling to Cambodia and Thailand. Shanghai Disney is closed indefinitely and everyone is giving refunds so I decided it is not the time to be traveling there! Now I need to plan somewhere else in March! I’m thinking possibly Central America. Maybe Nicaragua? Anyone have any somewhere they traveled in March that was amazing?
I’m sorry you had to cancel. Scary situation. My son is from Hubei province and we traveled to Wuhan. Word coming out of there from some is that it is much worse than being reported.

Maybe Costa Rica?
Some Tap to Pay promotions out there again. Just got an email for my Marriott card.

Tap to pay three times from Jan. 30 through Feb. 29, 2020, and receive 500 Bonus Points when each purchase is $1.75 or more.*
Got this for CSR.

@*WDW*Groupie* I also see availability for your outbound in 1st from PHL and JFK for a few dates in September. Our own flight this year to Northern Ireland is in 1st flying out of BOS and then in Biz back home to MIA.
Thanks so much! I have to time the flight to match 2 weekend night certificates. Part of the fun of churning! So far availability at the Conrad is good, not so much British Airways!

Just to confirm, BA does have pjs in first, correct? I need to get a pair of pjs at least once in my lifetime!

Last edited:
Thanks so much! I have to time the flight to match 2 weekend night certificates. Part of the fun of churning! So far availability at the Conrad is good, not so much British Airways!

Just to confirm, BA does have pjs in first, correct? I need to get a pair of pjs at once in my lifetime!

Yes, there are definitely PJs in first. We have picked up a set on every one of our BA flights in first.

FN certs can be used on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday. So depending on how long you visit, you may pay in points for a couple of nights and then use your FN certs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter