I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Planning is so hard this year! I don’t know how crowds flow, don’t know for sure what will be open food wise. Sheesh even hotels feel like a crapshoot. (Was booked for a couple nights at Poly- LOL. Pretty happy with my GF upgrade through 😉)
Yeah I probably wouldn't complain about that, either!

I am just happy to be going. I hope it works out. My sister just planned a (sort of last minute) family trip (her, husband, and three kids, the youngest of whom is 13 months) for the first week in October. She's only been once when she was a kid so she's my guinea pig... she's even staying at CBR like we will be in November).

7-10 days could also mean they want to verify your ID, you could call Chase to see.
I was able to speak to someone in the Chase lending department today and learned that they did not even process my application for the new SW card because it had not yet been 30 days since I closed the other SW card. They said the old card is not "officially" closed until after 30 days so I still theoretically would have access to 2 SW cards. The good news: my application was not processed, so no credit check occurred. Bad news: I will not be able to get the 65,000 bonus towards the CP. I just went ahead and reopened the other card for now so I can keep earning miles. Thanks to all of you who tried to help me make this work!

Yeah I probably wouldn't complain about that, either!

I am just happy to be going. I hope it works out. My sister just planned a (sort of last minute) family trip (her, husband, and three kids, the youngest of whom is 13 months) for the first week in October. She's only been once when she was a kid so she's my guinea pig... she's even staying at CBR like we will be in November).
CBR is actually where I’ve been looking to stay. We have a free moderate night and the splash pad looks awesome

It's been a Monday. Finally having my house painted (it's been quite a saga). The painter knocked the power out to my fios box so ds (in virtual school) and I lost internet. Then my son pointed out my garage is covered in oil. I'm thinking when I got my oil changed last week they forgot to replace the cap because I've never leaked oil before. My ex came over to fix my internet and almost wiped out on the oil. It was sort of funny:)
Oy! That's a story you will laugh about later. We are also in the midst of a house painting saga, but not nearly as funny. More shoddy workmanship, disregard for contract, additional costs, etc. :-(

Ugh. I just PC'd to one. That's what I get for not hanging out here enough!

Can I change my PC to the new CFF card and apply for CFU? I am well under 5/24, already have CF, and don't have any immediate plans for new cards (DH has 2 planned for him). I'd definitely take full advantage of the 5% on groceries!

While I'm here, should DH PC his CIP to CIU or CIC? If he PCs to one, does that make him ineligible for a bonus on those cards in the future?

Increased YMMV Offer on American Express Blue Cash Preferred via Support Link: Apply by 12/10/2020
This offer is YMMV and you might need to pull it up incognito to see it:

$300 Bonus for spending $3,000 in 6 months PLUS waived first year Annual Fee.
This card earns 6% back on up to $6k in grocery purchases annually so this bonus all-in could basically be looked at as 16% back on your next $3k in groceries! It also earns 3% back at gas stations.

The waived annual fee is not common here either with Amex so that's a nice kicker! This is a decent everyday driver with Amex (to keep away the pop-up) as 6% on groceries is a phenomenal return. If you go for this card you should basically commit to spending some amount ongoing on the card and likely want to commit to paying the 2nd year $95 AF to avoid pop-up troubles.

Also - I'll use this comment to do a quick reminder of other YMMV increased Amex bonuses on personal cards:
- 60k MRs for $4k spend on Gold
- 50k MRs for $2k spend on Green
Bonuses on Amex cards can jump around a lot so make sure you're getting the best offer available to you when you pull the trigger on an application!

Last edited:
Y'all! I am about to app for the 2nd SW card in my MDD but only seeing 40k offer!! Anyone still seeing 65k?!?!

ETA: Still seeing a 65k public offer but my dh's referral has dropped to 40k.

I am trying to move my global entry appointments and noticed they are now offering appointments at Reagan airport. I think this is new. Unfortunately they didn't have anything that worked for me (working around my son's school schedule) but it's nice to have another option.

ETA: Oops I meant Ronald Reagan office building in DC.

Last edited:
CSP Is there a reason to downgrade? Both DH and I have it but I will be keeping for now. Is there a point for him to keep or just downgrade and to what?

CSP is the only card I hold that has an AF. I keep it for the travel benefits that CF and CFU don't have (URs/rental car insurance). But I did PC or cancel - don't remember - DH's CSP after one year and got him the CFU. I transfer his CFU URs to my CSP monthly.

Ugh. I just PC'd to one. That's what I get for not hanging out here enough!

Can I change my PC to the new CFF card and apply for CFU? I am well under 5/24, already have CF, and don't have any immediate plans for new cards (DH has 2 planned for him). I'd definitely take full advantage of the 5% on groceries!

While I'm here, should DH PC his CIP to CIU or CIC? If he PCs to one, does that make him ineligible for a bonus on those cards in the future?
The 5% back on supermarkets is on new applications for the CFF as well so I wouldn’t change anything.

Since you are under 5/24 apply for a CFF today, then you get the 5% and $200 bonus after spending $500 the first 3 months

For the CIP..I would PC to the CIC it earns 5x on cell phone bills, internet and office supply stores and Right now Chase isn’t Really approving any sole proprietor business cards.

I am trying to move my global entry appointments and noticed they are now offering appointments at Reagan airport. I think this is new. Unfortunately they didn't have anything that worked for me (working around my son's school schedule) but it's nice to have another option.

ETA: Oops I meant Ronald Reagan office building in DC.

I have so many GE credits to use :sad2: I haven't even looked at interviews now that they've started back up.

For the CIP..I would PC to the CIC it earns 5x on cell phone bills, internet and office supply stores and Right now Chase isn’t Really approving any sole proprietor business cards.

Well I am dumb.

The CIC earns 5x on Internet? So I currently pay my Cox Cable bill online with .. .some other Chase card (CIP I think) but I should switch it to the CIC?

*sigh* thank you but I'm embarrassed not to have known this already.

I will be buying my kitchen appliances soon. I'm almost decided on Kitchenaid so it seems that the amex plat would be the best extended warranty as it would extend the 5-year warranty by a year. CSR would only extend warranty 1 year past 3 years. Is my thinking correct? Also, I've never put that amount on my Amex - the check spending power says good news, that amount is approved - is this enough to avoid a rejection at the store? I have an Amex offer for 2k points when you spend $4000 up to 3x so that will be a nice bonus. Thanks so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter