• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
INCREASED OFFER ON AMERICAN EXPRESS GOLD CARD:
There is a 60,000 MR for $4k MSR (6 months to spend) offer now available through Amex Support links. You can find this offer here on DISchurners.

This is an intriguing card. While it carries a $250 annual fee, it has some credits to help offset that AND it earns 4X MRs at Grocery Stores and Restaurants making it a very popular card. 6 months to meet the MSR is also attractive for some. If you met the entire MSR in the bonus categories this works out to 76,000 MRs for $4k spend.

For those with links, please update your descriptions on DISchurners accordingly.

Thanks for posting!

I was able to pull 20k support via my DH's business platinum with the 60k/$4k/6 month offer.

I've been trying to get this card since last year but always get the pop up. I got a biz plat and meeting the MSR on that must have done the trick.

Last edited:
Is Chase okay with adding another checking account to pay my credit cards from ?
have had one checking account linked for years, thinking about adding the BOA checking account that my eBay sales go into but don’t want to upset Chase if it’s going to be an issue.

Is Chase okay with adding another checking account to pay my credit cards from ?
have had one checking account linked for years, thinking about adding the BOA checking account that my eBay sales go into but don’t want to upset Chase if it’s going to be an issue.
Yes. I have more than one attached to my CC account. Just be sure to mark the one you usually use as "primary" so you don't accidentally pay from the other account when you want to use your main account.

The beautiful sunset at the Grand Cypress last night! Not quite what our view may have been from the Park Hyatt Sydney but at least we are on vacation.

Attachments

• 0C8693EB-C072-42C7-9057-706C84ACCB5C.jpeg
    0C8693EB-C072-42C7-9057-706C84ACCB5C.jpeg
    141.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 0DDB943D-A0FA-4A5B-A4A8-8FAC53485FB8.jpeg
    0DDB943D-A0FA-4A5B-A4A8-8FAC53485FB8.jpeg
    98 KB · Views: 34
  • 9C747C9B-F06D-49AB-9926-1C3F3D78CCC5.jpeg
    9C747C9B-F06D-49AB-9926-1C3F3D78CCC5.jpeg
    53.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 6405DB24-4035-4326-B734-B06696C8E16E.jpeg
    6405DB24-4035-4326-B734-B06696C8E16E.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 32

So bummed, had a fraud charge on my CSR this week so I had to call and get it replaced. I'm bummed because it had a really easy last 4digits to remember and was very recognizable amongst my other cards. I'm hoping they expedite replacement cards too. Since I wasn't sure how long I'll be cutoff, I made sure to grocery shop last night before calling this morning. Now I have fingers crossed this all doesn't screw up any of the PYB transactions.

Also a little insult to injury is the charge was for airline tickets. The phone rep asked, "Are you sure you haven't booked *any* travel?" Yep! Made it kinda easy to spot.

So bummed, had a fraud charge on my CSR this week so I had to call and get it replaced. I'm bummed because it had a really easy last 4digits to remember and was very recognizable amongst my other cards. I'm hoping they expedite replacement cards too. Since I wasn't sure how long I'll be cutoff, I made sure to grocery shop last night before calling this morning. Now I have fingers crossed this all doesn't screw up any of the PYB transactions.

Also a little insult to injury is the charge was for airline tickets. The phone rep asked, "Are you sure you haven't booked *any* travel?" Yep! Made it kinda easy to spot.

Oh my goodness, the same thing happened to me. It was a small charge from Spirit airlines and chase caught it before I even noticed it. How odd we both had fraudulent airline charges on our CSR.

Oh my goodness, the same thing happened to me. It was a small charge from Spirit airlines and chase caught it before I even noticed it. How odd we both had fraudulent airline charges on our CSR.
Yeah it's almost like the fraudster knew it was a travel card and hope it would get lost for a while. But they bought tickets on an airline I'd never heard of so it was easy to spot which one of these things was not like the others :laughing:

Grocery
Grocery
Grocery
Gas
Restaurant
Stupid EZPass reload I forgot to update in time so 0 pts earned:rolleyes2
Grocery
Grocery

and Repeat :laughing:

Chase didn't flag it at all, which was surprising since all my other fraud charges on Chase cards they notified me, from my recollection. So something about my profile must say random international airlines are ok :thumbsup2

So if I can generate a 20k referral link on my biz plat I can have my wife apply for the Amex Gold 60K offer? Seems like a great deal. It does not matter what card is chosen from the referral I would still get 20k points?

So if I can generate a 20k referral link on my biz plat I can have my wife apply for the Amex Gold 60K offer? Seems like a great deal. It does not matter what card is chosen from the referral I would still get 20k points?

Yup! It's the card you're supporting from that determines the support bonus. Look through all your cards to see what's highest. There's even a 30k around!

ive noticed sometimes when u refer from the other cards, the 60k may not always appear. but yes, if u it does appear, go for it. remember, to do YOUR biz plat for WIFE to apply. DO NOT SELF REFER!!!

I tested it earlier in incognito and got the 60k to appear. Sweet thanks for the quick responses!

Uggghhh P2 was denied....will have her call reconsideration line later. She has never had an Amex before seems odd and despite that LOL $650 Barclays Biz card her Chase accounts have real credit limits.

Last edited:
I had Southwest travel funds for DD and DH that were due to expire in Oct. 2020 so were not automatically covered by the extension/conversion option. I booked a dummy flight before 9/7 and will cancel in 48 hours to take advantage of the point conversion option (Southwest customer service told me to do this directly so I figured it was okay to post here).

I'm debating on whether to use my remaining $250 Aspire and DH's $200 Platinum airline credits to take advantage of the point conversion option.

Am I correct that I have to decide and have the trips booked/cancelled by Sept. 7th but I can then decide whether to keep as Travel Funds or convert to points by December? Is everyone doing this?

melting...
5b872ee791c8822bf37812e3a3847266.gif

I had Southwest travel funds for DD and DH that were due to expire in Oct. 2020 so were not automatically covered by the extension/conversion option. I booked a dummy flight before 9/7 and will cancel in 48 hours to take advantage of the point conversion option (Southwest customer service told me to do this directly so I figured it was okay to post here).

I'm debating on whether to use my remaining $250 Aspire and DH's $200 Platinum airline credits to take advantage of the point conversion option.

Am I correct that I have to decide and have the trips booked/cancelled by Sept. 7th but I can then decide whether to keep as Travel Funds or convert to points by December? Is everyone doing this?
::yes::

Called AMEX reconsideration line and they said too many cards have recently been cancelled.

I have never heard that one before. Wondering how long to wait to reapply. I don’t feel there have been many recent cancellations...maybe 3 in last 4 months or so as cards hit annual fee and none were Amex.

This January is our 20th anniversary and I had been thinking that we might take a "big" trip, fly somewhere, etc. But, now I don't think I'm going to be comfortable with flying by then, or going to big tourist destinations. So I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for a special resort in Northern California that would be good for a weekend trip from the Sacramento area? Doesn't have to be a chain, UR points are a possibility, but we might even consider spending real cash-money for this trip, lol. @Lain , I feel like I've seen you mention one, but I can't remember what it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter