I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
been wondering what to do with my amex plat credit too with no airline yet.. I got my 70k bonus though.

Depending on your selected airline there may be still some ways around triggering the credit. I've seen some posts on Flyer Talk discussing data points of what still does and doesn't work. You might want to check those out and then see what would work best for you before choosing an airline.

DP: A friend of mine purchased AA GCs during the change that didn't trigger the airline credit. She recently used those GCs to purchase flights on AA and left a small balance on each flight that she paid with the Amex Plat and each small balance was credited.

Been up since 4 with a raging headache. The joys of sinus troubles. Scrolling here and pretty well caught up.

I haven't opened my Disney+ app since day 1 (no time) now I am afraid to do so. I wonder if I was hacked too? Pretty nuts to think the entire platform might have been hacked as @Judique theorizes above.

Saw that nice offer for the Hilton Surpass over on /r/churning - would be good for DH because I could (in theory) hit the $15k spend on two cards and get two free nights. But with my job situation I don't know what move to make now. 1) I can't be hitting tons of bigger MSRs and 2) we won't be able to travel as much because money and 3) I can't buy excess stuff because money.

I am in a very privileged and blessed position that I can even consider walking away from a professional job without having another one. I am reflecting on these privileges right now and also thankful for the FI community to helped get me and DH here. That said I would need to be way more intentional with my cash...Also so blessed that my 2020 vacations are all paid up and taken care of in that regard.

I made a deal with the CEO of my company and DH to stay through the end of the year - because I was promised some things (a promotion if you'll recall from a post a few days ago). Things seemed to fall apart yesterday. But I gave my word so I'm there for six more weeks regardless. And who knows what today or tomorrow will bring. Everything these days seems nuts.

I hope LinkedIn has a Black Friday deal on their premium service. I wish it coded as more than 1x the point on Chase, LOL!

Also, Motley Crue, Def Leppard and Poison announced a big stadium tour for 2020. So my phone blew up about that with friends wanting to make plans. \m/

Sorry for the rambles. DH is asleep and I'm sitting in a dead quiet house starting to lose my mind!

Been up since 4 with a raging headache. The joys of sinus troubles. Scrolling here and pretty well caught up.

I haven't opened my Disney+ app since day 1 (no time) now I am afraid to do so. I wonder if I was hacked too? Pretty nuts to think the entire platform might have been hacked as @Judique theorizes above.

Saw that nice offer for the Hilton Surpass over on /r/churning - would be good for DH because I could (in theory) hit the $15k spend on two cards and get two free nights. But with my job situation I don't know what move to make now. 1) I can't be hitting tons of bigger MSRs and 2) we won't be able to travel as much because money and 3) I can't buy excess stuff because money.

I am in a very privileged and blessed position that I can even consider walking away from a professional job without having another one. I am reflecting on these privileges right now and also thankful for the FI community to helped get me and DH here. That said I would need to be way more intentional with my cash...Also so blessed that my 2020 vacations are all paid up and taken care of in that regard.

I made a deal with the CEO of my company and DH to stay through the end of the year - because I was promised some things (a promotion if you'll recall from a post a few days ago). Things seemed to fall apart yesterday. But I gave my word so I'm there for six more weeks regardless. And who knows what today or tomorrow will bring. Everything these days seems nuts.

I hope LinkedIn has a Black Friday deal on their premium service. I wish it coded as more than 1x the point on Chase, LOL!

Also, Motley Crue, Def Leppard and Poison announced a big stadium tour for 2020. So my phone blew up about that with friends wanting to make plans. \m/

Sorry for the rambles. DH is asleep and I'm sitting in a dead quiet house starting to lose my mind!

Hope you feel better :flower3:

Once I saw the news about the Disney + hack, I went ahead and changed my password just in case.

You can also book inter island Hawaiian air flights with URs transferred to United. We got great deals on flights and much fewer miles than Hawaiian would have been directly. I want to say 8k. This was before dynamic pricing though. We booked on United’s site. I had the HA credit card and found it not worth a slot even though we go to Maui all the time. Not sure what cards you have, but I’d save for chase and Amex :)

Thank you, I'll take a look at what's available on the UR site. You're right, the HA card would be useless to me after this trip. Unfortunately due to distance and school schedules this isn't a trip that we are likely to repeat too soon.

I hope you have a better day today. I also hope between now and the end of the year you will have clarity on what is the best course for you.

In the meantime, plan those dates for the stadium tour!! DH and saw Def Leppard years ago and it was a great concert!

I hope your work stresses figure themselves out and you get no more hives! Sometimes a door closing is a blessing in disguise so I hope things at work get straightened out or a new better opportunity comes your way!

I thought about you when I saw those concerts announced. lol I hope you get to go to them. I would love to see them again but I don't think it is DHs cup of tea. Wonder what made them change their minds. -There are people in this band who will refuse to ever do it again, and you’re talking to one of them. There is no amount of money that would ever make me do it again because I have such pride in how we’re ending it.” Nikki Sixx

So, just a DP on the Amex offer $25 (or is it $20) back on a $45 membership. I had seen some chatter that buying a $45 Sam's club GC was triggering the credit. I decided to try it out and my $45 posted on the 13th. I still have not received the Amex credit so I am just posting this, not to say it isn't working for some, but it's clearly YMMV.
I tried this online the last time I had the offer, but unfortunately it did not work for me.

Great find getting saver seats! Can you tell me how many URs it took? We are still considering taking a trip to Australia as our next big trip.
LAX-SYD- Qantas F Class for 3- 407k MRs w/ 20% bonus (488.4k total)
SYD-BWI- United Biz Polaris (to LAX) and Economy (LAX-IAD/DEN-BWI)- 240k URs transferred to United (80k Biz Saver)—-Still need to book

I still need to get us to LAX but that will probably just be on SW RR + CP.
Ours:
EWR-Vancouver-SYD Air Canada biz class 90K UR pp transferred to United
SYD-IAH-EWR United Polaris biz to IAH, economy to EWR 80K UR pp transferred to United

(and I still can't believe we're going to Australia!)

I read the BBC article that @Jen and Ashwin linked, which showed Disney+ accounts for sale on the dark web for about half the cost of it from Disney.
If indeed hacking did occur, Disney will have to deal with it soon. You can't take $140 from thousands of people and not provide access. I'm curious how @wendow 's next call will go. The scary part is that the article alluded to the fact that Disney has a one password set up. You log into DVC and MDE with the same username and password and there is no option for 2 part authentication. Several of my credit cards and my bank accounts are offering this feature now. I've avoided it just because of the extra hassle. Now I'm considering it. I also have unique passwords but don't have a password manager. It's pretty cumbersome to say the least.

[QUOTE="WVMomof3, post: 61275202, member: 82241"

I thought about you when I saw those concerts announced. lol I hope you get to go to them. I would love to see them again but I don't think it is DHs cup of tea. Wonder what made them change their minds. -There are people in this band who will refuse to ever do it again, and you’re talking to one of them. There is no amount of money that would ever make me do it again because I have such pride in how we’re ending it.” Nikki Sixx
[/QUOTE]

Money.

I read the BBC article that @Jen and Ashwin linked, which showed Disney+ accounts for sale on the dark web for about half the cost of it from Disney.
If indeed hacking did occur, Disney will have to deal with it soon. You can't take $140 from thousands of people and not provide access. I'm curious how @wendow 's next call will go. The scary part is that the article alluded to the fact that Disney has a one password set up. You log into DVC and MDE with the same username and password and there is no option for 2 part authentication. Several of my credit cards and my bank accounts are offering this feature now. I've avoided it just because of the extra hassle. Now I'm considering it. I also have unique passwords but don't have a password manager. It's pretty cumbersome to say the least.
This could be wrong but what I thought I heard was these were on the dark web because of the Netflix hack and people used their same passwords for both services. Or something like that. I was only half listening but it didn't really seem to be a hack of Disney +. I tune out at this point when it comes to this stuff because it seems like it happens constantly. I probably should pay more attention.

It's the Amex Bonvoy Brilliant and looks to me like you are eligible now. Or you could apply for the Chase Bonvoy Boundless card if you are under 5/24.

The Brilliant has a $450 af and just 75K point bonus right now and a 50K free night cert after a year and 10-12 weeks.

The Boundless has a $95 af and just 75K point bonus and a 35K free night cert after approximately 1 year.

Editing to add there is an additional Chase card. The Bold - with no fee and 30k sub and no free night.

Thanks for the correction. I am thinking of our Hawaii 2021 trip. We plan to spend some time at Aulani on DVC points, but then want to move to another island, possibly Kauai. Marriott seems to have a lot of options on Kauai and I usually have at least Platinum status with Marriott since I mostly stay there for work trips, so I will earn organically, but probably not enough for a good redemption. We will be using most of our current points for a stay at the Cotton House in Barcelona in April, so I will have to work to beef up our points again over that next year.

My husband got the Amex Bonvoy Business just last month. Would he not be eligible for another Bonvoy card for 24 months then?

Dh and I bought our tickets for frozen 2! I’m so excited. We normally see new releases on Thursdays but stupid AMC is charging full price for their tickets. I miss Marcus theatres so bad. Their Thursday new releases were $5 because of student Thursday’s. And no theaters near us have the recliners 😭

I'm jumping in not caught up from yesterday, but looking for opinions from concert people. I know there's a few here :)

I have about an hour to decide what tickets I want to look for on a band presale. We don't do concerts much so I'm torn on location/price point. Based on other concerts in this tour the floor seats and first few stadium sections closest to the stage will be about $130 each so after TM fees I'm guessing $150. The next best seats are around $90+fees and it goes as low as $40+fees for the real nose bleeds.

Since this will be a Christmas present I won't be going nose bleeds this time but can't decide if seeing the band with my own eyes versus Jumbotron is worth $150 a ticket. We've been spoiled a bit since last few concerts and shows we've had really good seats either through luck (lucked into floor seats on one since the artist sold every seat in the house at one price) or a small venue or presale discounts. This time no discounts so trying to decide if it's really that bad being a peasant again.

It's not an idol or super fandom, it's just one of the few bands hubby would like to see in person at least once. And since we have the SW CP for next year and they're playing in a city we've wanted to visit, I've decided we'll just jet off to see them :laughing: So tickets will be cash (but going towards MSR at least) and the rest of the trip will be brought to you by Chase, AmEx and possibly Discover :p

So WWYD? I personally like to keep it less than $100 a ticket after all the fees and whatnot so I just can't decide if it's worth paying the extra for the better seats.

Thanks for the correction. I am thinking of our Hawaii 2021 trip. We plan to spend some time at Aulani on DVC points, but then want to move to another island, possibly Kauai. Marriott seems to have a lot of options on Kauai and I usually have at least Platinum status with Marriott since I mostly stay there for work trips, so I will earn organically, but probably not enough for a good redemption. We will be using most of our current points for a stay at the Cotton House in Barcelona in April, so I will have to work to beef up our points again over that next year.

My husband got the Amex Bonvoy Business just last month. Would he not be eligible for another Bonvoy card for 24 months then?

I took some time to reread the rules and it looks like the Amex business card shuts out the Chase Boundless and Bold options.
Eligibility for the new cardmember bonus: The bonus is not available to you if you:

• are a current cardmember, or were a previous cardmember within the last 30 days, of Marriott BonvoyTM American Express® Card (also known as The Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express);
  • are a current or previous cardmember of either Marriott Bonvoy BusinessTM American Express® Card (also known as The Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express) or Marriott Bonvoy BrilliantTM American Express® Card (also known as the Starwood Preferred Guest® American Express Luxury Card), and received a new cardmember bonus or upgrade bonus in the last 24 months; or
  • applied and were approved for Marriott Bonvoy BusinessTM American Express® Card (also known as The Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express) or Marriott Bonvoy BrilliantTM American Express® Card (also known as the Starwood Preferred Guest® American Express Luxury Card) within the last 90 days.

It looks like he's eligible for the Amex Marriott Brilliant at this time. I will have to go back and reread my response to you, because I think I alluded that you could get the Boundless.
These are the rules for getting the Brilliant. It does not mention the Amex Biz card which he has.

Welcome offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product or the Starwood Preferred Guest® American Express Luxury Card. We may also consider the number of American Express Cards you have opened and closed as well as other factors in making a decision on your welcome offer eligibility.

Welcome offer not available to applicants who (i) have or have had The Ritz-Carlton™ Credit Card from JPMorgan or the J.P. Morgan Ritz-Carlton Rewards® Credit Card in the last 30 days, (ii) have acquired the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Plus Business Credit Card from Chase or the Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Business Credit Card from Chase in the last 90 days, or (iii) received a new Card Member bonus or upgrade offer for the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Plus Business Credit Card from Chase or the Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Business Credit Card from Chase in the last 24 months.

As you can see (or read) Amex Biz does not exclude the Brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!