I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The house was awesome. We bought a $10 gingerbread cookie covered in chocolate and it was disgusting
It was more puffed up like a cake. It was just really bad. Idk if they were trying to keep it soft or what but it was a fail lol
OMG the gingerbread shingle? I love the GF, but this thing is disgusting. I usually just go for the solid milk chocolate snow globe now 🤣

Check your Amex Offers!

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay - Online Tickets
- Spend $100 or more, get $20 back - Get a one-time $20 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to make a single purchase of $100 or more for online purchases at buschgardens.com/tampa by 12/31/2019.

Adorama - Spend $250 or more, get $25 back - Get a one-time $25 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $250+ in one or more transactions in-store at Adorama or online at Adorama.com by 1/16/2020. (Adorama is an authorized Apple retailer in addition to selling camera and other electronic gear. Currently, Adorama still charges local sales tax in only NY and NJ, which doesn't really help out-of-state shoppers looking to use this offer on $249 Apple AirPods Pro.)

Splendid - Spend $200 or more, get $50 back - Get a one-time $50 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $200+ in one or more transactions in-store at Splendid or online at splendid.com by 12/31/2019.

7 For All Mankind - Spend $250 or more, get $75 back - Get a one-time $75 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $250+ in one or more transactions in-store at 7 For All Mankind or online at 7forallmankind.com by 12/31/2019.

There are also Membership Rewards Points versions of these offers.
I got Busch Gardens, but not Adorama! I would have totally used that on AirPods or something. I used my BB offer on Disney GCs and my RMN cash back failed so I feel dissapointed in myself like I let the offer go to waste 😔

I HATE people like this. Please be mindful of your surroundings! I am shocked the CM didn't wait or say something. Sorry it happened to you 😔
I was surprised she didn’t politely ask them to move. I’m not sure how many people’s pictures they were in. It stinks because we ALWAYS get our picture in front of the train station. That picture turned out really well if they weren’t in it. I need to get better with photo shop

I didn’t know that! Would the kids, without the guaranteed seat tag, be able to join us or are the CM’s ‘policing’ who can go down a row?
The CMs just shout to slide all the way down and make space. You could probably leave some room between each person and let them squeeze in. You just need to make sure they enter SB early enough to actually be let in. I've been shut out as I stood there in SB. They would still be able to hear and see it from outside, but it is different since their sister is performing.

I would not give up hope on a last minute reservation. I bet there are hoarders with tons of ADRs and they open up. Do you have another ADR for the same restaurant at that time? You could even try to ask the restaurant if they have additional CP tickets. It is just a sticker that goes on your shirt. I am sure they would gladly charge you the more expensive meal price if they could.

Last edited:

$47.98/$50 (4% off)
$71.98/$75 (4% off)
$144.98/$150 (3.3% off)
$484.98/$500 (3% off)

Honestly, I think this is a better deal than the Amex Offer:
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/grou...lub-membership-get-30-35-sams-club-giftcards/You can even use the Sam’s GCs that come with this offer towards discounted DGCs.

You can go through a shopping portal for additional cash, points or miles back on your Groupon purchase. You can also buy a Groupon GC at a discount or using a credit card that gives you a nice >1x spending bonus, and use the Groupon GC to pay for the Sam’s membership.
Hmmmm I never did the Amex offer. I may have to do it!

Dh wanted the shingle but I convinced him to go for the smaller Mickey ears thank god. It was horrible. I think gingerbread cookies should be crunchy and it was airy with a very stale flavor
Ohhh i've seen that cookie as well. No thank you! LOL They definitely have an anise taste to them which I do not like in dessert. Maybe a black jelly bean, but that is probably it 🤣

I got Busch Gardens, but not Adorama! I would have totally used that on AirPods or something. I used my BB offer on Disney GCs and my RMN cash back failed so I feel dissapointed in myself like I let the offer go to waste 😔
Aww it’s ok - buck up there lil bronco. I’m sure there’ll be another chance to spend money soon 🤣 🤣

The CMs just shout to slide all the way down and make space. You could probably leave some room between each person and let them squeeze in. You just need to make sure they enter SB early enough to actually be let if. I've been shut out as I stood there. They would still be able to hear and see it from outside, but its different is their sister is performing.

I would not give up hope on a last minute reservation. I bet there are hoarders with tons of ADRs and they open up. Do you have another ADR for the same restaurant at that time? You could even try to ask the restaurant if they have additional CP tickets. It is just a sticker that goes on your shirt. I am sure they would gladly charge you the more expensive meal price if they could.
So basically @wendow should well up some tears and try to play the crying mom card... I’m all for it - I ain’t too proud to not do it!!

Does anyone remember when I was researching United business/first fares for LAX? Well the time had finally come for me to book. I had to decide if my departure should be on the newest swanky Polaris or a better time that worked for me. Luckily saver awards were available for 35k points at the perfect time so I ultimately decided to book them at 12:30am this morning. I needed 3 tickets and saw there were 4 saver awards available. GREAT, or so I thought!

I transferred 100,000 URs and tried to book the tickets. Got an error. Tried again and got the same error. It told me to call so I did just that. The CSR told me no problem, he saw the seats. Then he got the same error and said he would do it manually. No go. He spoke with his “supervisor” and said they couldn’t do anything about it and wanted to know if my dates were flexible or if I could keep searching for award availability. I was polite and said neither of those things are acceptable and I just transferred Chase points to book the seats. I waited to speak with a supervisor for almost 20 minutes when I saw a trip to LAX pop up in my MileagePlus account. The rep came back and said they were able to figure it out and just needed my CC for taxes. I was so relieved!!! An hour of my life I will never get back.

Now I just have to wait and see what I can do for my return flights. I almost don’t want saver awards so I can just book through Chase with URs. Yes, it will cost more URs overall, but I think I will be much less stressed. I will also be taking the swanky Polaris cabin home!

OOOOOH and the phone agent messed up my first name when I booked over the phone even though he had my MileagePlus account. I called as I drove to work this morning and the CSR said there was nothing wrong with it. Uhhh my government issued ID begs to differ. I called again tonight and my reservation is finally correct. This is why I fly JetBlue to MCO over United 🤣

Last edited:
I would 100% do this. No shame. LOL

I made so many typos... I am glad you could comprehend what I was saying. Time to edit my original post for clarity 🤣
I understood your post! I do not have another reservation at the same time. I can't find one that isn't 50 mins on either side, which is just too far apart. I'm looking though. I'd love to pay the higher price lol and just have the seating figured out! I cannot seem to bring the reservations up online at all so either everything is booked solid for that day and hasn't been opened every 100th time each day I've checked or the online system for CP reservations are down. I've called too and am continually told it's booked solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!