I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’ll do better with CIP. The 80k bonus offer is still alive. If you use a SUPPORT link....
Oh...you mean a "SUPPORT" link??

giphy.gif

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

I have been off disboards and this thread for the past few months as I have been straight out since our triplets started Middle School and taking my older DS, who is a Senior, to look at colleges. I am so grateful to this group because I have learned so much and have managed to pay for several trips with the points we’ve earned. I am ready to get back in the game and was just wondering if anyone knows if the CIP referral for 20k is still available? I was also looking for suggestions for either another Chase Business card time get or possible a Hilton product? I keep getting offers for the Aspire, but I’m not super familiar with AMEX and so am reluctant. I’m on the fence if my best bet is Hilton points. We typically stay at Hilton or Marriott, but most recently more Hilton. The points just don’t seem to go very far, but I’ve heard others say they use their Hilton card more for the perks. Can anyone offer any suggestions as to either a good Chase reward card (already have the CSP and Chase Reserve), but DH and I are only at 1/24 each for Chase personal cards? Thank you!
What an exciting, yet stressful time for you and your senior...looking at colleges...
The 20k support is still available so I’d go for the CIP

[/QUOTE] @calypso726 A travel hacking DP and success story:

I am vying for Auntie of the year award from my niece. I’m her only aunt so I should have this in the bag. But one must make an effort for appearances sake.

My oldest niece told me she really wanted to see Beetlejuice and asked if I would find out when it was coming to Miami so she could start begging her mom to take her. She is obsessed with the musical and is dying to see it. I had the unfortunate task of informing her that it was only playing in New York. Unbeknownst to her I asked her mom and my brother if it was ok to take her to New York for a weekend to the the show as her Christmas present if I could swing it. They agreed it would be fine.

I saw that AA had saver award flights in first at 25k mikes one way to NYC which meant that I should be able to book them with BA Avios for less points since they are distance based so 16.5k miles one way. When I checked the BA site it said there was no availability in any class. That made no sense. I called BA and explained that I wasn’t seeing availability that should be there. The agent insisted that they could only book what was on the website and the availability would not be any different. So, if I didn’t see it there she couldn’t book it. I care more about getting what I want than about being right, so I changed tactics. I told her it was quite possible I was doing something wrong then and asked if she could check on a specific flight for me. She reluctantly agreed. I swear this woman was a right contentious (insert whatever expletive amuses you). Naturally of course, she was able to book the flights that were not on the website with Avios. So, it pays to call the airline when things don’t make sense online.

My next step in my Aunt of the year campaign was to find a hotel because sleeping on the street would not make a good impression. BonBlah to the rescue! I used two of my 35k FN certs at Townplace Suites in Times Square. They offer free breakfast too.

Last, I got us front row center seats! My DN has only been on a plane once. This will be her first flight up front in the boujee seats, her first visit to a lounge (Centurion) and she has never been to New York. I plan to make it as memorable as I can for her. I think lunch at Ellen’s Stardust diner is in order. No idea where to take her for dinner, suggestions are welcome.

I am planning to theme this Christmas gift to the nines and wrap it in back and white striped paper with green and purple bows. I’ll be checking Pinterest for creative ways to gift wrap a flight, hotel and Broadway show tickets.
[/QUOTE]

Thought you might enjoy this pic, even though it's suffering from the sideways affliction. I took it after we left our show on Saturday and we were walking around.

Last edited:
A travel hacking DP and success story:

I am vying for Auntie of the year award from my niece. I’m her only aunt so I should have this in the bag. But one must make an effort for appearances sake.

My oldest niece told me she really wanted to see Beetlejuice and asked if I would find out when it was coming to Miami so she could start begging her mom to take her. She is obsessed with the musical and is dying to see it. I had the unfortunate task of informing her that it was only playing in New York. Unbeknownst to her I asked her mom and my brother if it was ok to take her to New York for a weekend to the the show as her Christmas present if I could swing it. They agreed it would be fine.

I saw that AA had saver award flights in first at 25k mikes one way to NYC which meant that I should be able to book them with BA Avios for less points since they are distance based so 16.5k miles one way. When I checked the BA site it said there was no availability in any class. That made no sense. I called BA and explained that I wasn’t seeing availability that should be there. The agent insisted that they could only book what was on the website and the availability would not be any different. So, if I didn’t see it there she couldn’t book it. I care more about getting what I want than about being right, so I changed tactics. I told her it was quite possible I was doing something wrong then and asked if she could check on a specific flight for me. She reluctantly agreed. I swear this woman was a right contentious (insert whatever expletive amuses you). Naturally of course, she was able to book the flights that were not on the website with Avios. So, it pays to call the airline when things don’t make sense online.

My next step in my Aunt of the year campaign was to find a hotel because sleeping on the street would not make a good impression. BonBlah to the rescue! I used two of my 35k FN certs at Townplace Suites in Times Square. They offer free breakfast too.

Last, I got us front row center seats! My DN has only been on a plane once. This will be her first flight up front in the boujee seats, her first visit to a lounge (Centurion) and she has never been to New York. I plan to make it as memorable as I can for her. I think lunch at Ellen’s Stardust diner is in order. No idea where to take her for dinner, suggestions are welcome.

I am planning to theme this Christmas gift to the nines and wrap it in back and white striped paper with green and purple bows. I’ll be checking Pinterest for creative ways to gift wrap a flight, hotel and Broadway show tickets.

Thought you might enjoy this pic, even though it's suffering from the sideways affliction. I took it after we left our show on Saturday and we were walking around.
I like how you messed up the quote so now it seems like it's your story 🤣 🤣 🤣 I legit started reading it thinking "oh another story" and quickly sensed deja vu!!

You can't be Auntie of the year - that's @calypso726's DAGNABBIT!! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

(don't mind me - I'm in some kind of mood tonight, haha!)

tenor.gif

Last edited:
I like how you messed up the quote so now it seems like it's your story 🤣 🤣 🤣 I legit started reading it thinking "oh another story" and quickly sensed deja vu!!

You can't be Auntie of the year - that's @calypso726's DAGNABBIT!! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

(don't mind me - I'm in some kind of mood tonight, haha!)

tenor.gif

And while you were writing this I was trying to FIX it and I gave up! Stupid sideways picture! At some point I had the picture on the top and had to remove it, and that's when I inadvertently chopped up the top of the quote. I was doing so well with inserting pics - this my first sideways one!

I have been off disboards and this thread for the past few months as I have been straight out since our triplets started Middle School and taking my older DS, who is a Senior, to look at colleges. I am so grateful to this group because I have learned so much and have managed to pay for several trips with the points we’ve earned. I am ready to get back in the game and was just wondering if anyone knows if the CIP referral for 20k is still available? I was also looking for suggestions for either another Chase Business card time get or possible a Hilton product? I keep getting offers for the Aspire, but I’m not super familiar with AMEX and so am reluctant. I’m on the fence if my best bet is Hilton points. We typically stay at Hilton or Marriott, but most recently more Hilton. The points just don’t seem to go very far, but I’ve heard others say they use their Hilton card more for the perks. Can anyone offer any suggestions as to either a good Chase reward card (already have the CSP and Chase Reserve), but DH and I are only at 1/24 each for Chase personal cards? Thank you!

Welcome back! Yes the CIP links are alive and kicking. I remember those college trips. It meant we couldn't do as many fun family trips, but that was before I joined this group. Did you at least get to travel to some place fun while looking at colleges? Our highlights on those trips were walking the Freedom Trail in Boston, spending a day in Manhattan, and squeezing in a short visit to DL. Good luck with the college search. Several of us have been there and know it's tough, but also really exciting!

And my Xfinity Mobile $50 Chase offer from my Chase Freedom posted!

I was going to try to do it again with the same offer attached to my Bank of America card. The offer expires Nov 13 and my next billing period ends Nov 14. I was trying to find a way to pay ahead, but so far it won't work. I would have to be able to make a payment on or before Nov 13 and the website won't show a bill until Nov 14 or 15.

And my Xfinity Mobile $50 Chase offer from my Chase Freedom posted!

I was going to try to do it again with the same offer attached to my Bank of America card. The offer expires Nov 13 and my next billing period ends Nov 14. I was trying to find a way to pay ahead, but so far it won't work. I would have to be able to make a payment on or before Nov 13 and the website won't show a bill until Nov 14 or 15.
I’ve been wondering about the xfinity deal. I don’t have Mobile but I do have Home. The deal looked says “when you add Home”. I’ve been wondering if I’d get the credit paying my bill.

I’ve been wondering about the xfinity deal. I don’t have Mobile but I do have Home. The deal looked says “when you add Home”. I’ve been wondering if I’d get the credit paying my bill.

That's what I did. Just paid my bill with the card with the offer on it. I did add the card to the account also. And another twist. Although I pay the bill, it's under daughter's name. Hope they don't snatch it back. My name is only listed as belonging with the phone, not as an account holder.

First I checked the Xfinity website to see if there was anything on there referencing the deal. Nothing. There's just a redirect from the credit card website to the Xfinity site, I guess so you can sign up.

What an amazing present for your DN! Hands down best aunt award.

But, I think you misspelled “bougie.” Post Malone would back me up on this one. Isn’t that right, @speedyfishy?
nope it’s boujee. #teammigos. Can we really trust a white rapper on this?

you are 100% right, it’s boujee.
No, only those of us who don't feel totally constrained by a root word and are able to have fun with slang. Boujee is way cuter the Bougie.

Much better with a j! The g makes me think of bogey in golf. It also looks weird with a g.

In other news I gor an email about the $5 back from boa and michaels but nothing about the extra. I haven't logged in yet but has anyone gotten the extra?

Off to trivia night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts