I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cfu pcd! I waited until the statement cut since tech if it had an af it would have hit Sept 1 and it was only a few more days to wait so I figured might as well. Now to see how long until the $450 af hits. I did have to move some credit since it didn't have a 10k limit but once I did it was fine.

Now to remember how to do PP. Is there a site to go to or do I need to wait to get my stuff, I already forgot from 2 years ago.

I go to a women’s only gym with child care and there are tons of moms with little ones. I think that’ll be a good place for me to meet other people. I haven’t heard any of them with older kids say they homeschool.
My parents and I would have killed each other if they’d homeschooled me and my siblings. Luckily they both had full time jobs so it wasn’t even on the table! However, they did lots of research as to what school they’d put us in and settled on a private religious one all the way through high school. They made lots of sacrifices to make it happen but it was exactly what all 3 of us ended up needing. (The public schools are total crap where I lived.)

You’ll find what you need when your need it. Lots of things could change between now and then :)

@smallsy are you planning on connecting through GSP or just driving. As you know, CLT is so much easier to get to than ATL from here. However, I have found the best fares for west coast, hawaii, and knternational are on delta. AA can compete with some US bound flights depending on where you are flying. AA also services more of the direct flights (over Delta) from GSP like to O’Hare, Dallas, DC, Philly, ect. so I think it depends on where you want to travel most. You could look at your next few trips and decide which is better now and switch down the line as needed. For example an AA direct from GSP to Philly to position for int. may be your best option, or if Disneyland is your next local Delta direct from ATL may be a better bet. I think we are lucky in our spot we have two major hubs to choose!

To add- both airlines have cards with fee bags, companion certs, priority boarding- so its more a matter of what line works best and then churning their lineup as needed for signups and perks
I’d love to use GSP but I hate that there are so few direct flights, and it seems the cost has gone up substantially to connect. I remember when SW first started flights out of here and DH and I flew to MCO direct for $40 each way! *sigh* My sister lives in south Charlotte and CLT is definitely an easier drive, but most of the trips we plan to take will probably be west coast or international. I just gleaned that Delta wasn’t a great card to have based on what people here say. Oh man so much to think about.

My parents and I would have killed each other if they’d homeschooled me and my siblings. Luckily they both had full time jobs so it wasn’t even on the table! However, they did lots of research as to what school they’d put us in and settled on a private religious one all the way through high school. They made lots of sacrifices to make it happen but it was exactly what all 3 of us ended up needing. (The public schools are total crap where I lived.)

You’ll find what you need when your need it. Lots of things could change between now and then :)
Neither Dh nor I are religious so I definitely wouldn’t pick a religious school. I do think we’ll find what works best for us! We may just be those parents that pull our kids out of school.

I used to feel the same way about pricey luggage. After going through several sets of checked luggage that wore out due to baggage handler abuse and carry ons with poor wheel design that made it harder and harder to drag around with use I changed my mind. After a ton of research and not wanting to spend the money for a Briggs & Riley CX I settle on the Travel Pro Platinum Magna 2 international sized spinner.

https://www.ebags.com/product/trave...-expandable-spinner/299555?productid=10377646
I have dragged that thing all over the place over the last 2 years and it is awesome. It still rolls like it was brand new and is super sturdy and holds quite a lot. I also wound up getting the domestic sized carry on and checked 25 inch too.

On out trip to Scotland over the summer my mom brought her carry on and I realized how spoiled we'd become with our Travel Pro bags excellent design and maneuverability. Keep in mind we were changing locations every night for over a week. I kept fantasizing of what I wanted to do with my mom's bag once we got home ... throw darts at it, then use it for archery practice, drop it from the tallest building in Miami, run it over with a truck, set it on fire etc. This all amused my mother of course. She asked about our luggage since it was so easy to roll around with just a finger but we all decided it wasn't practical price-wise for her since she doesn't travel nearly as much as we do. Well her birthday was last weekend and we bought her a new carry on from the Travel Pro family and it spins just as easily as ours, is designed very well and costs much less than ours. She absolutely loved it and said she loves how it just dances with the push of a finger. It is a Travel Pro Maxlite spinner.

https://www.ebags.com/product/trave...al-carry-on-spinner/365104?productid=10700184

Hope this helps others who are looking for luggage. Most of you know how much PlanePrincess and I travel beyond just our trips to WDW nearly every month or more. I love our Travel Pro bag and think the Maxlite we got my mom is perfect for someone who travels less than we do and wants a bag that will last and is easy to roll around.
I just thought I'd throw it out there that we've been really happy so far with our max lite travel pro bags. They're the rollaboards, not spinners, but they still look new! We loaned one to ILs for the cruise.

No it was when the girl was stealing joey’s fries off his plate lol. I showed it to Dh and he said it was the music from tower of terror.

Here’s the clip. It’s about 30-35 seconds in. Sounds similar but also sounds like general suspense music so I’m not sure. It made me think of the pre-ride show for sure though!!

Here’s the clip. It’s about 30-35 seconds in. Sounds similar but also sounds like general suspense music so I’m not sure. It made me think of the pre-ride show for sure though!!

That’s what I was talking about..the preride show on the tv!

Lots of discussion in the thread today-wanted to add from the discussion a few days ago that I love the option to transfer UR to Hyatt and Southwest. I typically beat the 1.5c/pt redemption with transferring UR. My current UR's are bookmarked for a luxury Hyatt redemption.

Just received my first packing cubes today, I hope they will be as useful as everyone else finds them. I'm hoping to start using them with my gym bag.
I wasn’t sold until I watched a few YouTube videos on how to utilize them the best. Now I’m a convert 100%. That and my pop up collapsible hamper
Cfu pcd! I waited until the statement cut since tech if it had an af it would have hit Sept 1 and it was only a few more days to wait so I figured might as well. Now to see how long until the $450 af hits. I did have to move some credit since it didn't have a 10k limit but once I did it was fine.

Now to remember how to do PP. Is there a site to go to or do I need to wait to get my stuff, I already forgot from 2 years ago.
So I had to SM to get my PP it never automatically came so just look out for that

I don’t know if anyone or anyone’s kids are into the Fjallraven backpacks but there is a Groupon for them for $30. I don’t know why but bought 2 - youngest son and ????me, niece?

So I had to SM to get my PP it never automatically came so just look out for that

I know when I got the CSR the first time that there was info on what to do, I didn't SM anyone, I think there's somewhere I can go to request it just can't remember where. Might still have the papers from last time.

Would you mind sharing what resources you’re using for your DS? I’m just curious where people like to get their curriculum from. Most of the curriculum I’m used to uses a lot of manipulatives (math) and for science it was always kits that came with supplies. I’m just wondering how you teach those subjects without buying a bunch of materials

I looked at a math program that like that but didn't go with it. It is MathUSee dot com. For math we are using Khan Academy.
Lang Arts- I have a workbook from amazon
Spelling- workbook from amazon
Geography, Chem/Phys, art- allinonehomeschool dot com
Spanish- duolingo
culinary arts- stuff from the web...this is more a life skill I am working on for him
typing- typing club dot com
math facts- xtramath dot com
reading comprehension- readworks dot org

It got so annoying for me I had to install an ad blocker. There were also some harmless pop ups promising doom and gloom for my computer files. All from this website.
Yeah, I have been getting terrible redirects for the past two days on my laptop. It had previously only been on my cellphone which I fixed with an ad-blocker, but now I think I need to enable one here too. Do you have a favorite for your computer? LOL

That’s a ton of stuff to get done before noon! I think I’m just so used to a school schedule but if I think about it, there were lots of times when kids had to just sit or read because they were done way before the others. Even with a kid struggling, if they’re getting one on one time they’re probably gonna get things done faster. I have tons of resources just from being a teacher so I think at least for elementary I could have a pretty good idea already

Do you teach the subjects, use online lessons, or ds does them on his own? Or a little of it all?

I’ve never heard of the umbrella stuff

A little of it all. I really tried to mix it up so it wasn't too much screen but he can be independent some and I can work with him some.

It looks like a ton when I list it out, but alot of it is quick....math facts practice, typing, and Spanish are all 15 mins/day. He struggles with reading fluency and comprehension so we take awhile on that and language arts. I work with him alot on those. Math lessons he watches independently then some days I help him practice problems and other days he is able to knock them out alone. We do science and social studies together. Depending on the day and his focus it varies, but generally 2-3 hours to get that work done.

Friday, I filed an extended warranty claim on my CSR for my sons Microsoft personalized controller that the stick foam grip peeled off of. It was exactly a year later and the controller only had a 6 month warranty. Today, they emailed that they approved and would be sending me a check! The CSR is really making its annual fee worth it this year!
This is the type of thing I'd never think to do. Nice work!

It got so annoying for me I had to install an ad blocker. There were also some harmless pop ups promising doom and gloom for my computer files. All from this website.
I've been getting those a ton lately on this site. I know I heard them say on disunplugged before the big site update that it was supposed to help. Not so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter