I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all those that missed the Rose Gold AmEx limited edition window, rumor that they'll open another window with the new update to it (the Restaurants going worldwide). Chuck from DoC posted this news from a chat a reader had with AmEx. Which normally you wouldn't want to put stock in but they gave dates and said starting 6/6 which is when the change goes into effect so that's plausible. (Or a bored chat rep coming up with a believable story)

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amer...n-in-limited-edition-rose-gold-from-6-6-7-17/
Take what you will from it.
I hope this is true because I really wanted this card but the geographic restriction made it worthless to me before now.

Not to be an alarmist, but here's another report from today about Chase's 115 vs 90 day MSR window. I believe @SouthFayetteFan mentioned this a couple weeks back where some are told 90 days, and we know the trackers show 90 days, but usually if you SM you get 115 days. This poster SM'd twice and both times got 90 day window responses. Could be a run of bad luck, SM reps aren't infallible, but something to consider.

or the yellowstone/grand canyon trip how many days would you plan? so torn on flying vs. driving but thinking we could do more if we fly

Is this the Grand Canyon or the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone? I love road trips but GC to Yellowstone is a 2 day drive in itself. Unless you are going to stop by the NPs in Utah - Zion/Bryce, not sure I would drive. You could do a month in Yellowstone and still have things to do. I was there for 5 days and hit my high spots but really needed at least one more day.
Originally my husband wanted to rent an RV from Ohio, go through SD/ND/Badlands/Mount Rushmore into Yellowstone and back. I planned it all out an even in 2 weeks, (which honestly I'm not even sure how we'd get 2 weeks as he cuts grass and even in Aug you cant just skip 2 weeks) it would have been like......drive, drive, drive......get out, see it, okay back in the car, drive, drive, drive. And I thought.....would anyone even care? Here's Mt Rushmore kids.....okay, now back in the car. Then I looked into flying into places like Salt Lake City or Vegas, renting an RV and kind of going from there, but even then, unless I'm adding a ton of stuff like mule rides and white water rafting, I really don't think my family would enjoy things like Horse Shoe or Grand Canyon. That being said, I *think* I may try to make it into a 2 week trip, flying into Vegas, making it a small loop in an RV, returning the RV and then doing Cali for a week including DL. I think if we ended with more "fun" they wouldn't say the NP stuff was so boring.
Have you driven an RV before? I have the dream of RVing but really don't think I would be able to drive those things. If you do go to Mount Rushmore, there are many, many winding, curvy mountain roads. You have to be comfortable driving in those conditions with a larger vehicle. It can be difficult to get to all the top spots with a larger vehicle.

we stayed at furnace creek in Death Valley for a night.... it was so adorable! I loved the saltwater mineral pool and cute little diner near the cabins..... Wish we had longer in DV but we were just passing thru
This sounds amazing. I haven't even started real planning yet. I am so far behind. How many days would you think are good for DV? I was only thinking 2.

ugh, denied for capital one. Im running out of cards to get. I think I need to open a BOA account so I can go for those cards. Amex and Citi still love me but 1/95, 2/60, and 2/90 are too restrictive. I need more cards. lol

Sorry about Cap1, they're unpredictable. You can open a BoA checking account with a $100 bonus per DoC. I did it, and DD'd from my Serve account (before I got shutdown on it lol [but hey, I got my new Bluebird in the mail a couple days ago!]) and got the bonus upon statement closing date. There's supposedly a $300 targeted bonus, but neither DH nor I have ever gotten it and we've had BoA cards for 2+ years. Some people say you're more likely to get approved by BoA if you have an existing relationship with them.

Not to be an alarmist, but here's another report from today about Chase's 115 vs 90 day MSR window. I believe @SouthFayetteFan mentioned this a couple weeks back where some are told 90 days, and we know the trackers show 90 days, but usually if you SM you get 115 days. This poster SM'd twice and both times got 90 day window responses. Could be a run of bad luck, SM reps aren't infallible, but something to consider.

I have been putting 90 days in my spreadsheet just to be safe. I usually get anxious if I pass 80 days and I haven't met MSR. I definitely treat MSR as a sprint exercise. I have only been working on more than one MSR once. Too much pressure for me!!

So PayPal... yeah, I'd absolutely void using PayPal/Venmo (basically P2P payment services) to meet an Amex MSR, and I try to avoid using Amex to send money to people using PayPal/Venmo generally.

Last year, Amex updated their terms to exclude P2P payments as eligible payments for which you can earn points: Amex Updates Terms to Exclude Peer Payments, Cash Equivalents, & Amex GC from Earning Points - DoC

That said, in practice, PayPal transactions do count and earn points, see:

However, if there's any issue with your bonus posting, you don't want to give Amex any wiggle room to deny your SUB:

Or get hit with a financial review:

PayPal transactions appear like this on Amex statements and display L2 data:

PAYPAL *JOHNDOE - 5555555555, DC
PAYPAL *PAYPALGIFTS - 4029357733, CA
PAYPAL *EBAYINCSHIP - 4803767400, CA
PAYPAL *TARGETCORPO - 4029357733, MN

L2 data includes the name, address and phone number of the merchant when you click for more detail. I'd say using Amex through PayPal on store websites should be fine, but I just avoid using Amex to send individuals money using PayPal/Venmo. The above DP of the guy who got hit with a financial review for sending money to his brother, I'm guessing the same surname might have tipped Amex off; and the same would apply to sending money using PayPal to someone who shares the same address as you.

Paypal/Venmo after MSR is fine. I play the Gift Card and Reseller Arbitration game right now and have been paypaling a few thousand a month with my BBP as well as my friend. Venmo seems to no longer accept Amex cards so my CFU is connected to that after the CIP died with it.
DP on guy financial review for sending to family members is the problem. I had a friend who did exactly that on Venmo and got all his Venmo accounts shut down because of it. DO NOT send big amounts of money to your family.

Not sure who asked, just adding my comments. :]

Go to Tripadvisor and look at tours in Crystal River, FL. We did a swim back in 2012 I think it was (drove down prior to a DCL cruise). There was a protected cove that we swam up into - was terrific! And yes they are huge but very gentle. We just loved it!
This may be the same, it is Crystal River FL

When I planned our two 'long' trips, I planned basically a 10-14 day loop to travel...we flew to starting spot,drove our intended loop,and flew home to save the time needed. rented a car,I planned a stop every 2-3 hours to sightsee something along the way.
----Example 1-Flew into PHX, drove up thru Sedona(bit of walking/sightseeing) and up thru Oak creek Canyon-Flagstaff for one night- next morning stopped at Walnut Canyon(?) to walk and see the cool caves etc.... then headed up to the GC for 3 nights- hiking/sightseeing- headed out thru Painted Desert across to Death Valley-stayed one night Furnace Creek- Our longest drive day was Death Valley- Yosemite- stayed Yosemite 3 nights, headed down to DL to stay 6-7 nights and go to parks. Then flew home from LAX.
-----Example 2- Flew into SLC, drove up to sightsee thru Bear Lake area into Tetons for 2 nights.(and get raspberry milkshakes lol) Then drove up to Yellowstone and stayed around the main loop road for the next week sightseeing.(see other post details) then drove out to West Yellowstone,stayed overnight,and drove back to SLC next day to catch flight home.
-----Example 3- Flew into Las Vegas, drove out to Zion,stayed 2 nights,drove to Grand Canyon North rim,stayed 2 nights- drove to Bryce Canyon,stayed 1 night- drove to Capitol Reef.stayed 1 night,then on to Arches NP,stayed 3 nights- then to SLC to fly home.
Yes we drove quite a bit to get to each stop, but none of it was too difficult b/c I had planned things to see along the entire route.
We couldn't have added driving to destination in, its just too much extra time we didn;t have.

Thanks! These idea actually help a lot. Most of these places I've never even heard of. I grew up in Ohio and never went west of Chicago until I got my first job and only then I flew to San Antonio and San Jose/San Francisco. So I really have zero concept of anything "out west."

Just got instant approval for the Delta Gold SkyMiles Business Amex. I went back and forth between Platinum and Gold but landed with gold due to waived AF and lower MSR. We’ve had the Platinum companion pass in the past and found we paid a lot more for the base ticket due to the restrictions. This was the better deal for us as I value SkyMiles only at $0.01.

I was afraid I might get the pop up as once we hit MSR on the Plat I moved it to the back of the wallet. I don’t seem to get any decent Amex offers lately so even though I have 5 cards they’re not seeing much spend. Happy to report Amex must still be feeling the love as they gave me a generous $25K limit.

Now to juggle all of these remaining MSRs. Nothing terrible and easy enough to do in the timeframe (sadly mostly with organic spend). I added DH as an employee so he can help knock this one out.

Sorry OT SW question please!

Just checked in for our 5:40 am flight tomorrow on SW, and we got B boarding positions. We have a 5 year old and an 8 year old. Can all 4 of us use family boarding after A, or can only the 5 year old board with one parent? I'm a little freaked out about this! Trying not to be though, I just want to get to sit with the kiddos. I've just always had A boarding positions so I'm nervous. Thanks!
as long is its only two adults. sometimes if its not a full flight they will allow more than two adults but I've seen many times where they only allow 2 adults and the kids. being that you are a family of 4 I would think theres no problem boarding all of your family at family boarding.

Do you mean flying or driving between the two NPs? Would you be flying or driving from your home? (sorry, no spreadsheet listing home states here lol)

We did a 3 week NP trip many years ago :) We flew from PHL to SLC where I lived when I was in elementary school. We "did" SLC and drove out to Dinosaur National Monument which was one of my favorite places when I was little. I showed the kids where we used to go geode hunting in the 70s :) From SLC we drove north to Yellowstone, stopping at Golden Spike National Historical Park (train and history lovers). We explored all the parts of Yellowstone we could in 3 full days with a then-6 yo. Tetons for a couple days after that. Then we drove to Colorado Springs to visit family for several days. Followed that with a few nights in Moab for Arches NP etc. Spent a night at Mesa Verde NP. Drove to Grand Canyon NP with a quick stop on the way at Petrified Forest NP. We spent 3 (?) nights at Grand Canyon. Flew home out of PHX.

That was the trip we learned that older dd is afraid of heights :laughing:

We had only one really long day of driving--Jackson to Denver omg that took forever.
we are in MD. I'm thinking of just flying out instead of pulling our toy hauler. Think flying will give us the most time to see as many national parks as we can.

Is this the Grand Canyon or the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone? I love road trips but GC to Yellowstone is a 2 day drive in itself. Unless you are going to stop by the NPs in Utah - Zion/Bryce, not sure I would drive. You could do a month in Yellowstone and still have things to do. I was there for 5 days and hit my high spots but really needed at least one more day.

Have you driven an RV before? I have the dream of RVing but really don't think I would be able to drive those things. If you do go to Mount Rushmore, there are many, many winding, curvy mountain roads. You have to be comfortable driving in those conditions with a larger vehicle. It can be difficult to get to all the top spots with a larger vehicle.

This sounds amazing. I haven't even started real planning yet. I am so far behind. How many days would you think are good for DV? I was only thinking 2.
we want to see the grand canyon and yellowstone

Sorry about Cap1, they're unpredictable. You can open a BoA checking account with a $100 bonus per DoC. I did it, and DD'd from my Serve account (before I got shutdown on it lol [but hey, I got my new Bluebird in the mail a couple days ago!]) and got the bonus upon statement closing date. There's supposedly a $300 targeted bonus, but neither DH nor I have ever gotten it and we've had BoA cards for 2+ years. Some people say you're more likely to get approved by BoA if you have an existing relationship with them.
I somehow missed ( or forgot :flower3:) that you got shutdown too...does bluebird work at FD and DG? I ended up getting another Serve card in DH's name.

I haven’t been watching the news and am out of the loop. What strange deaths have been happening?
The first report I saw was on FB about a woman who got beat-up pretty severely in Punta Cana at the Majestic Elegance. She thought it was a resort employee since he had on one of their uniforms.

The death reports have been at the Bahia Principe in La Romana. The first report was of a couple from MD who reportedly under mysterious circumstances. And then a woman from PA had died 5 days before at the same resort as the couple. I think all of deaths are being blamed on heart conditions.

Amazon has stopped me from doing small reloads. I would reload $1.98 on each on my discover credit cards every month and get the balance forgiven and I would also reload 1.01-1.41 from my MO debit cards every month. I'm thinking about making another amazon account.

I have been putting 90 days in my spreadsheet just to be safe. I usually get anxious if I pass 80 days and I haven't met MSR. I definitely treat MSR as a sprint exercise. I have only been working on more than one MSR once. Too much pressure for me!!

Yeah, it's not something I've relied on. But I was considering it if I decide to take on 2 MSR's at the moment. It'd give me breathing room to not freak out right away, but I'd probably still have it done within 3 months anyway. (I'm freaking out enough about being able to do 2 at once. I keep running the numbers because surely they can't be right and my Gosh! they don't get any smaller :eek:)

I've been eyeing Galapagos too! This is exciting. And you saw that Hyatt and AA are partners now too, right? With your AA Gold, I wonder if you get status with Hyatt?

I did! We currently have AA Platinum due to a status challenge and were matched to Hyatt Explorist for 90 days. Then used @Albort instructions for getting the M Life match and extended to Feb 2021!

I was not... overly thrilled to go when we went a couple years ago, but DH wanted to. We did the longer tour they offered which helped with my enjoyment. Though my eyes probably started to glaze over in the turbine room :rolleyes:

The damns are interesting but I can't imagine a longer tour. I've been to 2 or 3 because when you vacation in eastern WA and I near the columbia that's what there is to do. Haven't been to one since jr high though. I'd like to see hoover because it's so big.

We drove a uhaul towing my car to mt rushmore. We took 90 some of the way back when I moved home from NC and since I didn't figure I'd have a reason to come back to SD we stopped so I could see it. It was neat to see. Have a pic of my mom holding the two dogs with it in the background from the parking lot to show they'd been there too. They couldn't go inside the park. I don't recall the road being too bad but I think it makes a difference which direction you were coming from. But it seems like the mountains in TN going into NC on 40 were worse.

Anyone ever fly Sun Country Air? They have round trip nonstop flights for 4 people PVD to PUJ in March for 101k UR's with my CSR. Cheapest flight I have found yet, short of SW since they wont release like everyone else. Even checking on SW flights Sat to Wed, looks like they will be around 20k pp per leg AND have about $450 in fees. Talk me out of booking this on Sun Country through the UR portal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!