I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watch news about once a week(I can't take much more) and last night they reported on three different sets of healthy people dying at resorts, for no apparent reason. One couple was in Fiji,I think the others in the DR(?) very strange.
The even stranger thing (for me) is MIL had a coworker get hit really hard with some weird illness that they can't figure out, almost died, very healthy prior to this, uncannily similar sounding to all of these deaths. It's freaky.

I don't know how people spend a week there either.

Eh, the same way I don't understand why people want to (and do) visit Japan (please note I am informed-I've been to Japan twice and hated every single second, well except for leaving, lol). Different strokes and all!

Poking around for fun on the Orlando area activities on the UR portal. Did you know you can snorkel with manatees?????

Yes, but of course I live here, lol.

I just watched Patrick dougall’s video of the Harry Potter tour in London and I feel like I have to go. Dh did say he wanted to go to the UK next. I don’t really have any interest except for the tour lol. What do you guys think? Should we go to the UK next?

I love the UK and it's so much more than London! As others have mentioned, there's my beloved Scotland, areas in England that aren't London, and beautiful and under appreciated Wales. Plus, it's so much easier to fly there on points/miles!

We had no issues on London, and my dd spent time by herself in London a few times, and she was fine. Use common sense, but it didn't feel scary.
We took the train to Edinburgh, and spent a couple of days there also. Weather was horrible LOL, but the city was great.

Edinburgh is my favorite city in the world so I completely agree!

My CIP 2 SUB posted today so I just moved it to DHs CSR. 620k URs! I was going to send DH a screenshot :rotfl: about 50k are really part of ILs pool. But we've now got another 105k to come with DHs new CIP :D
When where you approved for CIP? DH was approved for CIP2 on 6/3 don't see any points pending.

AF posted on 6/2 for CIP1. I have until 7/1 to downgrade correct? What will they downgrade him to since its a business card?

Will be checking out of the Fairfield Anaheim and into the Disneyland Hotel. Was originally thinking we'll cut through the Esplanade and Downtown Disney. Will just have backpacks. Going to try out my Mother Lode Junior for the first time! But is security going to be a pain? Maybe we should Uber/Lyft instead?

Did anyone see that Hyatt and Lindblad are now partners? I haven’t found all of the details but points can be redeemed for Lindblad/NatGeo expeditions. Also 5 Hyatt base points are earned per dollar on Lindblad. Ugh! Why didn’t they do this last year when we booked Antarctica! I’m wondering what the value of Hyatt points will be when used for a Lindblad expedition. I’ve been eyeing Galapagos. Depending on how it shakes out I may be giving Chase UR more love than Amex MR. Heck, I might even be motivated to be loyal to a hotel chain for paid stays! Not that I do many paid stays. But still.
I've been eyeing Galapagos too! This is exciting. And you saw that Hyatt and AA are partners now too, right? With your AA Gold, I wonder if you get status with Hyatt?
Hmmm . . . interesting. We'd love to do a Galapagos cruise; however, I think I may be too cheap to book at the going rates. I've read that you can book last minute spots after arriving in the Galapagos, so we may try to do that at some point.

I'll be curious to see how the Hyatt partnership shakes out. I suspect you'll need a trillion Hyatt points to book Lindblad - ha ha.

What are paid stays??

Also very interested in the Galapagos possibilities :)
For all those that missed the Rose Gold AmEx limited edition window, rumor that they'll open another window with the new update to it (the Restaurants going worldwide). Chuck from DoC posted this news from a chat a reader had with AmEx. Which normally you wouldn't want to put stock in but they gave dates and said starting 6/6 which is when the change goes into effect so that's plausible. (Or a bored chat rep coming up with a believable story)

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amer...n-in-limited-edition-rose-gold-from-6-6-7-17/
Take what you will from it.
So much FOMO :sad:
we are in MD. I'm thinking of just flying out instead of pulling our toy hauler. Think flying will give us the most time to see as many national parks as we can.
Definitely fly to SLC or PHX or Las Vegas!
No trip report, sorry! My DH and I went to Zambia and Zimbabwe in 2001, so it was a while ago now, lol. (My BIL organized a family trip around the total solar eclipse that year.) Way before these boards and TRs. But we absolutely loved it. I have been lucky enough to have been to many many international destinations, and Africa is still my all-time favorite.
Oh lovely! I hope you have a fantastic trip :)

Mini heart attack because I just activated my Barclays AA Biz and went to make a $1k Plastiq payment and got declined. Worried I was going to have the dumb needing documents issue. Then realized my limit is only $1k... did $900 and went through!

Remember when I got a higher limit than DH on the Citi card? Not this time, he got $14k :confused3 And that was even before I put an even higher income like I did on his last CIP.

FYI - I updated my links on DISchurners so you could see a template for how to list these now. I would always use the landing page and the user can then find the apply now. Don't just use the "apply now" link as that doesn't show somebody what the bonus is.

Also - you can only generate these links through the website from what I can see. The mobile app doesn't seem to generate them (yet).

Awesome. Thanks! Just updated my links :)

Typically Chase doesn't give retention offer on the second year of the SW cards, right? As in, ones that I opened in 2017 and got retention offers in 2018?

How was the weather in April? Was it too hot? I am thinking of going in March and hoping the weather is good then.

I’m a SW fan so a little biased. But just remember that even if you pick you seats on other airlines they sometimes move you. Happened to me on Delta as they changed the plane and reassigned me and my DD. We were still together but I don’t think it always happens. I don’t have Lain’s recall or spreadsheet skills, but someone in this board paid for upgraded seats on AA and was booted from them. Just saying not a guarantee even if you pick your seats. You need to keep an eye on them in case they change planes or something else happens.
Weather in late April was hot during our visit, but it's normally in the 80s. We just happened to go when there was a heat wave!

Just approved for Citi AA biz #2 for my DH. :yay::dogdance::cool1:Had a mailer for the 75K, $5k spend. Hoping the devaluation isn't too steep. We still need to book 5 people home from Aruba. This will help...hopefully still worth 2 tickets! Flights from ORD to AUA were 35K points. We'll see what happens!
Where did you get the mailer? It is time for me to go for #2 as well.

*cringe moment warning*

AmEx is having a MR redemption GC sale. Seems it may be somewhat targeted but it's easy to see if you are. Just head to the GC section and there's a banner
View attachment 406494

It's only these cards on sale, but all are 20% off normal MR prices.
View attachment 406495

So iTunes and Walmart are still less than 1cpp, but they get closer than they were. The rest really are 20% off where you'd get a $100 Home Depot 8,000 MR.

We had debated about cashing out for some HD GC's or using the Lowe's 10% offer as we finished up another project on the house. If they'd have had this sale last month I know where my MR would have gone :rolleyes1

Here's your chance to redeem all those MRs for better than 1 cpp, @SouthFayetteFan!

Just have to share with people who understand my frustration...

Partial hockey schedule came out for DS9.

The AUGUST training camp is actually last weekend of JULY...which happens to be my grandma's surprise bday party in Charleston.
Labor Day, Thanksgiving weekend, New Years weekend, MLK weekend, and a random weekend in march are all taken up with hockey tournaments. They are planning to add 2-3 more...so basically we can't do anything personal between mid august and mid march. :headache:

Well, in good news, I did book flights to Chicago for a tourney in November for only about 9k points round trip. That is basically my only "win" for the day.

Will be checking out of the Fairfield Anaheim and into the Disneyland Hotel. Was originally thinking we'll cut through the Esplanade and Downtown Disney. Will just have backpacks. Going to try out my Mother Lode Junior for the first time! But is security going to be a pain? Maybe we should Uber/Lyft instead?
Please tell me your thought on the Fairfield when you have the time.

I really want to stay at the BW but it looks like those points might be needed on Kodiak Island, as there is no Marriott there. Imagine that! LOL

Just have to share with people who understand my frustration...

Partial hockey schedule came out for DS9.

The AUGUST training camp is actually last weekend of JULY...which happens to be my grandma's surprise bday party in Charleston.
Labor Day, Thanksgiving weekend, New Years weekend, MLK weekend, and a random weekend in march are all taken up with hockey tournaments. They are planning to add 2-3 more...so basically we can't do anything personal between mid august and mid march. :headache:

Well, in good news, I did book flights to Chicago for a tourney in November for only about 9k points round trip. That is basically my only "win" for the day.

Ohh I remember those days....every weekend/holidays..from August to March....I had my daughter at games and DH was with my son....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter