I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What?? Peppers, onion, zucchini, eggplant, cucumbers, cabbage, avocado, okra, spinach????? You don't any of those? Potatoes are a vegetable but aren't nutritionally great.
None of the above lol. I can do spinach in a salad but that’s it

Yeah I’m pretty picky. The only vegetables I like are broccoli, cauliflower, and green beans. I can’t say corn because Dh says “it’s a grain” and potatoes are “a starch”. Even though I like both.

Yuck to all that. I'll eat corn, potatoes and cucumbers and iceberg lettuce but really they are just vessles for ranch dressing and it's the only way I eat them. I'll eat apples, strawberries, good peaches, some grapes, bananas when I'm in the mood only otherwise ick and oranges. Love lemonade. I'll eat tomato sauce but not the chunks of tomatoe, texture, onions if they are cooked down in stew etc, carrots if they are cooked through and soft in stew/soup.

And yes I've tried many of these things in one form or another.

Yuck to all that. I'll eat corn, potatoes and cucumbers and iceberg lettuce but really they are just vessles for ranch dressing and it's the only way I eat them. I'll eat apples, strawberries, good peaches, some grapes, bananas when I'm in the mood only otherwise ick and oranges. Love lemonade. I'll eat tomato sauce but not the chunks of tomatoe, texture, onions if they are cooked down in stew etc, carrots if they are cooked through and soft in stew/soup.

Lol I think we would get along just fine. I will eat basically any fruit known to man. My least favorites are raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries. I don’t do chunks in my sauce either. If I eat salsa or have pasta sauce I pick around the chunks. I’m exactly the same with carrots. They have to be cooked through and soft. I love carrots in stew and I like little ones in soup.

None of the above lol. I can do spinach in a salad but that’s it

I cannot like either of these comments. Squash, celery, peas, carrots?? I love vegetables much more than fruits and I'll eat just about any vegetable.

Lol I think we would get along just fine. I will eat basically any fruit known to man. My least favorites are raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries. I don’t do chunks in my sauce either. If I eat salsa or have pasta sauce I pick around the chunks. I’m exactly the same with carrots. They have to be cooked through and soft. I love carrots in stew and I like little ones in soup.
And your least fav fruits are my favs! Blueberries are my love. The more chunks in sauce and salsa, the better!!!

@calypso726, @*WDW*Groupie* -

Marriott Bonvoy Offers First Ever Discount On Purchased Points - OMAAT

Buy Marriott Points for Less Than 1 Cent Each Through New Promotion - TPG

Points .com is running its first sale of Marriott Bonvoy points since the program merger and rebranding, from now through 5/15/19. Marriott points are 25% off when purchasing 5,000-50,000 points, which works out to $468.75 for 50,000 points or 0.9375 cents per point. Note that the fine print limits a member to purchasing or receiving as a gift from another member a combined maximum of 50,000 points per calendar year. This is a markup from the Points .com deals where you could buy 30,000 Starpoints (effectively 90,000 Marriott points) for $682.50, or 0.7583 cents per point, and Marriott points don't go as far as they used to after the category changes.

I know both of you are looking to accumulate more Marriott points (but I think @*WDW*Groupie* may have already purchased some for herself, so that limit may come into play). As this is the first sale under the Bonvoy banner, it's hard to gauge historically if this is a good deal and whether we'll see a better 35% off (like they had for Starpoints) in the future. I think for now, consider this deal against your intended redemption and decide if you can get better than 0.9375 cpp out of these points. Note that the CIP earns 3x UR on Points .com, but TPG also calls out this fact in their article so who knows how long that will last.

Thanks for the heads up. Not a buyer at that price point. They need to learn to offer a better discount. 50% or a 100% bonus match and I may think about it.

wonder if it codes 6x with a marriott card.

That could sweeten the deal a bit.

My super power is the ability to take a nap in any environment!

This. I can literally sleep anywhere at any moment. DH can't and is super jelly that I'm sleeping seconds after my head hits the pillow. LOL

I am weird and think I am both extroverted and introverted. I can sit and talk and engage with people for hours, but sometimes I just want to put my earbuds in and not be bothered. It really depends on the day and company.

Same here. I come off as an extrovert in the right environment so most people I get to know are shocked I am an introvert. My job requires me to be "on stage" everyday in front of different groups of people, which I do enjoy. I've run FB groups on Disney cruises and organized a Pink Champagne Girls event, private mixologies, turned the Detective Agency Muppet game into a drinking game etc. Among our groups of friends I'm usually the instigator for a group trip or cruise. I'm even fine talking to people in the Disney bubble (parks, cruises and ABD). So, I come off as an extrovert. Heaven forbid I have to go to a party, wedding, shower or some other social gathering that I didn't organize and with people I don't know and I am an internal disaster wondering how soon can I leave. I even felt that way at my own wedding which was fun and I enjoyed but couldn't wait for it to be over. I'm even reluctant to ask anyone at a store where something is located. Anytime I do a Myers-Briggs personality test I get INJT or INTP. Plus, I need to be alone to recharge. So I may look like an extrovert on the outside, I'm not.

I'm the same, although much more on the introvert side than the extrovert. But sometimes I can spend the day with a friend and we can talk for hours. The nice thing about being in a family of introverts is that I can kind of get some alone time even when everyone is home.

Fortunately, most of my friends are also introverts so we totally get each other. DH gets me and can easily tell when I need to be alone in my own head and when I'm recovered and can function again.

Last edited:
How long have people been spacing the 2nd CIP app with an SSN from their first CIP?

I planned on going for a CIC next month because I want the 5x office supply stores and internet/phone service, but 105,000 UR > 53,000. I already lowered my CIP's CL to $5,000. I did not want to go too much lower in the event I could move some credit to a new business card app if it came to that for approval. My personal CLs are already low and around 15% of my household income. Is it too risky to do a CIC in May and the 2nd CIP in August/September?

I did the 2nd CIP for DH 6 months later...but only because it wasn’t a known thing earlier....we have kept our Chase applications 2-3 months apart

utterly drained and need to just be inside my own head and not talking or doing anything in order to recuperate.

I get like this too, but SO and I just do our own thing on the couch. There’s no pressure to talk or act normal for me like in other social situations lol.

We can & do have fun with other people but I often need time off from other people whereas I rarely need time off from him. We just enjoy being together the most.
This is exactly how I feel. I feel like there is pressure around other people and with my SO there is no pressure.

the 80/20 on sale for $1.88. I wouldn’t mind paying $1.99 but I have no idea
OMG how lol. I get the 90/10 or 93/7 and that’s about $6 for a pound here. Also, do you have tax on groceries? VA taxes groceries. NY didn’t, only prepared food. My groceries were cheaper in NY I’d go to the ethnic supermarkets and get great prices. Halal meat was also way cheaper than going to a Stop and Shop and just buying regular meat so I’d buy it lol fruit and vegetables though were super cheap I could have gotten anything for under a $1 a pound lol

I can’t seem to find any unicorns but if I do I will share in our reddit group lol

I don't eat wings. Not at all. Yuck on all accounts. I cannot deal with the textures. However, I will cook a whole chicken and de-bone it for a meal and use the dark meat. I'm not opposed to the dark meat but biting it off the bone with all the other stuff attached is too much for me.

Buffalo wings on the bone are my absolute favorite lol

I get like this too, but SO and I just do our own thing on the couch. There’s no pressure to talk or act normal for me like in other social situations lol.

This is exactly how I feel. I feel like there is pressure around other people and with my SO there is no pressure.

OMG how lol. I get the 90/10 or 93/7 and that’s about $6 for a pound here. Also, do you have tax on groceries? VA taxes groceries. NY didn’t, only prepared food. My groceries were cheaper in NY I’d go to the ethnic supermarkets and get great prices. Halal meat was also way cheaper than going to a Stop and Shop and just buying regular meat so I’d buy it lol fruit and vegetables though were super cheap I could have gotten anything for under a $1 a pound lol

I can’t seem to find any unicorns but if I do I will share in our reddit group lol

Buffalo wings on the bone are my absolute favorite lol
Idk what our 90/10 and 93/7 cost here since we don’t buy it. I know it’s 2x-3x more than the 80/20. We don’t mind eating the one with more fat. No tax on groceries here. Our fruit is okay but not always a great price. Our grapes our usually on sale for $1.99/lb but only on sale. Apples are $1.69/lb and sometimes $0.99/lb on sale.

Found a great deal for beach lovers....

200k points OR $950 + 125k points....For point redemption...
OR $928 cash reservation at the spring hill suites Pensacola beach.
:eek::faint::teacher:
WTheck Marriott? They are so ridiculous. My mouth fell open when I saw it was a cat 6 property.

Last edited:
Holly Smokes I did finally catch up since coming back from vacation last Monday!

Vacation was great and the kids loved Legoland and the Legoland Beach Retreat Hotel! But a small part of me died that I was sooo close yet did not go to Disney!

CC churning related - I got 2 nights on points (50k per night) and 1 night on cash at the Double Tree Hotel in North Redington and because of my gold status ( thank you Hilton Bussiness card) We got upgraded to an Ocean view for our whole stay! The sun set was awesome but going to sleep and waking up with the sound of waves was my favorite part!
View attachment 395200
I tried postings a couple more pics but I guess they are too large:confused3
I looked at that one before. Can you review it? We’ve never done legoland because so close to Disney...plus we never rent a car. I’m a bad mom.

Hmm okay. We might have to see if there’s some kind of fuel saver nearby. The houses we like the most are right by a Publix and walking distance to a highly rated elementary school. It’s funny because a lot of the house descriptions say “drive your golf cart to school or the store”. Guess we might have to buy a golf cart lol.

We have a golf cart. It is super fun!

Around my town, no fuel saver is cheaper than sams or Costco...they are 50cents less a gallon, plus Dosh back at sams.

Lol everyone likes different things I guess. Do you like peeps?
I love peeps!

So for the longest time, my fruit/vegetable consumption consisted of corn, green beans, potatoes, bananas, and applesauce. Not apples, but applesauce.

I've learned to like bell peppers, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, even brussel sprouts cooked certain ways. I'll eat salad but really only with ranch and lots of croutons.

I don't do red sauce, no marinara for me. I'm not an onion fan and will pick around them if possible. I never cook with more than onion powder (it's a texture thing) so I've trained DH to chop them very fine so they cook down to almost nothing. He loves onions so I tell him he has to cut them if he wants them. I will only eat tomatoes in very teeny chunks in salsa or something.

As for ground beef, now I'm trying to buy it at Sam's always because it tends to be $2.50 to $2.90 a lb for 90/10... it seems the best price otherwise is $4/lb on sale. I haven't bought 80/20 in awhile now. I miss no tax on groceries back in NE.... not sure if that's still the case though. It makes a big difference!

I dont eat fish. I will eat shrimp cooked certain ways. I will eat crab and lobster, but it's not the big thrill to me it is to some so I dont go out of my way, and its typically in a soup or pasta. I have no desire to be deconstructing my food at the table lol. I just started eating meat loaf in the last few years. I used to eat my steaks med rare but cant anymore for the most part. I cant do pink in a burger after my schooling lol. I only buy boneless chicken breasts at the store, but I will only eat the drumsticks on fried chicken (and DH says I leave too much because I cant eat the stringy pieces anymore...). No wings for me.

I love sweets, but no fruit desserts. No fruit pies, pastries, sauces on my chocolate cake. No berries in muffins. I'm not a fan of whipped cream unless its homemade, so I'll either push it to the side or if it's a shake I stir it into the ice cream. The exceptions here are I love pumpkin pie and it must be served with a healthy scoop of cool whip-must be the midwesterner in me :D

I rarely use condiments. Occasionally ketchup. Dont do mustard, mayo, etc. I will put butter on a lunch meat sandwich to keep the bread from getting dry. I only started eating sour cream in the last few years. I love milk and cheese but no cottage cheese or yogurt for me. At least I do more BBQ and seasoning than I used to. I still dont add bbq sauce but will eat it at bbq places, like famous Dave's where its already on there. My mom used to only be able to put Lawrys Seasoning on my food at home

I know you all care dearly about my diet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!