I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Haley R we have Publix here in Virginia. The stores are super nice and the prices are ok, but I can't beat Kroger with coupons. My mom shops at Publix and says she gets a lot of good deals though. They don't have a fuel perks program here, but I know my mom mentions they offer discounted Wawa gift cards here when you spend a certain amount on groceries (it's low, like $50 or something). So maybe there's something similar in FL? I don't think they have Wawa's that far south.

How long have people been spacing the 2nd CIP app with an SSN from their first CIP?

I planned on going for a CIC next month because I want the 5x office supply stores and internet/phone service, but 105,000 UR > 53,000. I already lowered my CIP's CL to $5,000. I did not want to go too much lower in the event I could move some credit to a new business card app if it came to that for approval. My personal CLs are already low and around 15% of my household income. Is it too risky to do a CIC in May and the 2nd CIP in August/September?

I did 13 months apart exactly on DH's.

Asparagus lover here. Ever since I was a kid and I’d scan the roadside as we drove places, looking for wild asparagus. Sometimes my grandma drove me around specifically to hunt wild asparagus. She liked it too. Free food. Now I worry too much about what chemicals they spray along the road. I guess weed killer would kill the asparagus too so maybe it’s not a legit worry. ??? At any rate, now I have my own asparagus patch in my back yard and it’s just starting to come up! Yummo.

I can’t imagine ever getting sick of my SO lol even when he is at work I find myself texting him I miss you is it 5 yet lol. Besides work we do probably 98% of things together lol

I feel the same way...except it's about all of you here.......... KIDDING!! I love my wife :)

So I'm thinking we are all couples around the same age here and sound super similar lol

DH and I just like to do things together :) We joke that we're codependent though because we dont tend to sleep well when apart. I'm a bit more self sufficient than DH though. I'm okay with some alone time to read or whatever. He didnt have all that much fun at DLR solo last year when out there for work, where as I am secretly hoping he'll have a work trip so I can tag along and do some solo hours :D

My DH is my favorite person to hang out with. Seems we never get to spend enough time together - work/kids/running our life, we see each other every day, but don't get nearly enough time to just focus on each other and hang out. We try to leave the kids with my parents a few times a year just so we can spend a couple of days together as people, instead of as parents. And I totally text him that I miss him during the day (and we've been married more than 20 years). He's pretty introverted, I'm smack dab in the middle of the range. I had the whole house to myself for 24 hours - and it was heaven. But I'm happy to be social too.

We don't do enough to be social - now that my older kid is a teen I have lost touch with many of the parent friends I used to see at her activities. Making an effort to stay connected to a couple of them that I really like, but it takes work and scheduling! My LO is a major social butterfly, so there is a whole new group of people I know because of her - but again, we have to consciously make an effort to do more than chat on the playground.

My dad’s father died at 78 or 79 of a massive heart attack. My dad spent his life exercising and watching his cholesterol only to get cancer (& diabetes) He was thin, ate well, no one in his family had cancer that we know of. Like he had all the aberrant genes.
Once medicine can identify genes and correct therapies for them, without insurance companies charging for pre-existing conditions, then we’ll have true preventive medicine.

My dad is in his 70s and very healthy (knock wood). He says he has pretty much chosen cancer - if you get old enough, the chances you will wind up with some kind of cell in your body going haywire. Not a pleasant thought.

This is

Chase wasn't able to add it either. Guy said there was no spot to add on his end. He put me on hold a couple of times to ask some other people, but in the end it was a no go. Not a huge deal for now, but we had thought about renting a car for a road trip (to save miles on my aging car and DH's truck won't fit our family plus both of our mothers). DH suggested we rent a car, I was thinking that was a good idea. But we would def want the both of us on the rental.

Is Costco really that cheap? Maybe I should look into getting a membership? I just got on there and poked around it shows about $35 cheaper. But with the CSR I can redeem at 1.5x. But maybe Costco rates are cheaper if you're logged in or something.
Honestly it's my only reason for getting/keeping a costco membership..... I don't go in there much(to save my budget) but every time I want to cancel,another trip comes up,we need two free drivers,and no one beats their prices..... so that $60 per year is always less $ than another option. (I love costco products/foods,it's just too $$$ to buy there a lot)

So, I tried everything to fix that stupid Hilton weekend thing- (where they wouldn't allow me to book a Fri/Sat stay,just a Friday alone, or Sat-Monday stay) I tried the trick of booking Fri-Mon,then called in to ask to remove the the Monday,as 'my plans had changed'..... The poor CSR was so nice, and spent about 10 minutes on the phone with the local hotel...only to come back with 'it's not allowed'.:crazy: SHe did tell me that the general manager (she told me his name) had put a note on my res. that when I checked in, they would remove that last night manually and refund those points...... should I believe it? (I don't think they will) What are my odds,do you think? I still have my other booking which is 1 night at this prferred hotel,and one night at a sister hotel nearby. I want to cancel this tho,but I'm nervous about getting those points back.

So for those using packing cubes, do you just fold your clothing normally and put it in the cubes? Or roll? I've seen people do both.

Purses really, but I could use a few cubes too. I seem to like to use the same size cubes mostly :) love being able to pull a cube out and out it in a drawer or on the other bed in the room!

Lol. I only have to mail because now I'm correcting due to my stupid unexpected Chase 1099 :badpc:
Well, I always rolled things, since you could fit more....now I fold things Marie Kondo style,since that is the MOST efficient way to store clothes I've ever seen! And I got my cubes years ago on ebay for about $6 a set...I noticed them at ALdi last week too.... I love them.

@Haley R we have Publix here in Virginia. The stores are super nice and the prices are ok, but I can't beat Kroger with coupons. My mom shops at Publix and says she gets a lot of good deals though. They don't have a fuel perks program here, but I know my mom mentions they offer discounted Wawa gift cards here when you spend a certain amount on groceries (it's low, like $50 or something). So maybe there's something similar in FL? I don't think they have Wawa's that far south.

I’ve never heard of Wawa. What is it?

I’m not seeing any Kroger’s nearby where we’ll live. Just Publix, Walmart, and Target. I can look closer and see if there’s anything else

:offtopic: Here's an off topic question - for anyone who has been to Barcelona - did you book a tour off Viator? What did you pick? There are so many and it seems overwhelming.
We booked one of La Sagrada Familia, the church. The guide was great but they booked us with a group who spoke Spanish so it took twice as long. They also changed our tour time from morning to night and never told us. We literally showed up, saw no one, called and then they told us to come back later.

Last edited:

I’m not seeing any Kroger’s nearby where we’ll live. Just Publix, Walmart, and Target. I can look closer and see if there’s anything else

Haha depending on who you ask, Wawa is the greatest gas station ever created. Do you have Sheetz out there? It's very similar to that. Although if there are any Wawa diehards in here, they may attack me for saying that.

Anyways, it's a gas station, but it also has made to order food and drinks and stuff like that. It's a lot nicer than most just random gas stations.

Oh man, you guys are giving me anxiety with all the picky eating talk; it makes my job so much harder :P

I’m also borderline introvert/extrovert. I always test as an E on Myers Briggs but I’m like a 55/45 split.

Haha depending on who you ask, Wawa is the greatest gas station ever created. Do you have Sheetz out there? It's very similar to that. Although if there are any Wawa diehards in here, they may attack me for saying that.

Anyways, it's a gas station, but it also has made to order food and drinks and stuff like that. It's a lot nicer than most just random gas stations.

Wawa has a cult following in the Philly metro area :laughing:

We booked one of La Sagrada Familia, the church. The guide was great but they booked us with a group who spoke Spanish so it took twice as long. They also changed our tour time from morning to night and never told us. We literally showed up, saw no one, called and then they told us to come back later.

We have been to Barcelona 4 times and always book things on our own. La Sagrada is amazing but our favorite was Montserrat which we took the train to/from on our own. I use trip advisor to do most of my research.

I did the 2nd CIP for DH 6 months later...but only because it wasn’t a known thing earlier....we have kept our Chase applications 2-3 months apart

Thank you! I would hopefully be ok if I did CIP #2 in May because my last Chase card was the CIP in Jan. Since the 24-months SUB language doesn't seem to matter, you can apply as your next card. Hmm now I have to decide if its better to go for the 2nd CIP before the CIC. I guess if I did, I could always PC the first CIP to a CIC after a year if I get denied for my third business card app. :scratchin

DoC is reporting no fee MCGCs at Staples next week. I know some people still have Amex Staples offers left and there's a new 10% offer out on BoA and Chase offers. I had the Chase offer on my CF this morning.

ETA: Chase offer maxes at $6 back, so a $200 GC would be $194.

Oh man Wawa, they opened their first location here in DC not that long ago and people LOST THEIR MINDS. The place is packed every day. A second one is under construction in a different neighborhood and so many posts of "WHEN IS WAWA OPENING AAAAAHHH!!!"

Growing up in the South, a gas station was literally the last place you'd buy ready-to-eat food. McDonald's and any other fast food was far preferable to the garbage in a gas station/convenience store. You were better off going hungry. So this fascination with convenience store food is quite lost on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter