I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for sharing this. I totally agree with what you're saying.

I once earned a bank bonus one time from a local CU here in Pittsburgh back in 2016. Clearview FCU - DoC posts about their checking bonus every so often. I found a coupon for a $200 bonus on our Kennywood Map (local amusement park). Both my wife and I did it and then 9 months later or whatever, we had to go into the branch to close the account. I felt SO dirty closing that account...and at that time I stopped doing local bank bonuses. It just didn't sit right with me...I wouldn't impart my morals on others and I wouldn't take it upon myself to blow the whistle on such activities, but I for one will not participate now.

I have no problem sticking it to the man, kind of what churning is anyway. But I wouldn't mess with a non profit unless Iegit wanted the account. Probably feel the same about some small community banks. If they don't have the money to spend on tv or radio commercials or sponsoring sports or community stuff in the area then I wouldn't feel right unless I wanted the account.

@pillow and @havaneselover there are plenty of Kroger GCs at the Lowe’s behind Chesterfield Town Center. For some reason the associate wouldn’t let me do self checkout with mine, but whatever.

I also went by Staples to use up the last of my Amex offer on one card and bought $100 in Petco GCs. 20% savings came off immediately when scanned- no sale signage in the store. The cashier mentioned this was the first time he’d seen them do a sale on GCs that wasn’t just the no fee on VGC or MCGC. Maybe a sign of things to come?

Did you have to do anything special to get the 20% off to ring up at Staples? I went to my Staples yesterday, and they said the cards didn't scan as on sale. There was no signage in my store, either. I wanted to get Panera cards, but didn't since I thought the offer had expired (the offer was mislabled as expired on DoC yesterday).

Did you have to do anything special to get the 20% off to ring up at Staples? I went to my Staples yesterday, and they said the cards didn't scan as on sale. There was no signage in my store, either. I wanted to get Panera cards, but didn't since I thought the offer had expired (the offer was mis-labeled as expired on DoC yesterday).
There was no signage for the discount on Visa gift cards, Panera gift cards, and the others, at my Staples yesterday. I nicely asked the clerk to check for me. She was able to scan the $50 Panera gift cards and confirm that the discount was active, so I bought oodles. (My family eats a ton of Panera). She couldn't check the $200 Visa gift cards without removing the protective cardboard strip, so I had her run one, confirmed the $5 discount was active, then bought three more.

Follow up on the Kroger GCs: I just went grocery shopping and threw a $100 VGC in with my groceries. Went to pay for everything with a $200 Kroger GC and it wouldn’t go through. We took the VGC out and I was able to pay for my groceries. Then we tried to buy the VGC alone with the GC and it wouldn’t work either. I ended up not buying it. I hadn’t tried it before at this kroger, so could just be that my store won’t work. I have done it before at self checkout at the Kroger by my work with no problems. I’ll try that tomorrow.

@speedyfishy I didn’t look at any of the on sale GCs at Staples other than Petco, but they had plenty of those.

ETA: I think I used a Kroger GC to buy a Disney GC when I originally did this at the other store. So perhaps the stores are coded against using a Kroger GC for VGC? I’ll investigate tomorrow morning.

I have been buying the Kroger GC at Lowe's to buy Disney GC at Kroger without an issue. You do get 4x the points on this transaction. I did buy a variable VGC with the CF last week, but did not get any fuel points.

There was no signage for the discount on Visa gift cards, Panera gift cards, and the others, at my Staples yesterday. I nicely asked the clerk to check for me. She was able to scan the $50 Panera gift cards and confirm that the discount was active, so I bought oodles. (My family eats a ton of Panera). She couldn't check the $200 Visa gift cards without removing the protective cardboard strip, so I had her run one, confirmed the $5 discount was active, then bought three more.
That's funny because I was only allowed to buy one $25 xbox gift card. And they didn't even have a $50 one. Going back for more later this week.

I have been buying the Kroger GC at Lowe's to buy Disney GC at Kroger without an issue. You do get 4x the points on this transaction. I did buy a variable VGC with the CF last week, but did not get any fuel points.
I'm going to test this and make sure it still works before I get stuck with $1300 in Kroger gift cards. I just don't buy many groceries there.

That's funny because I was only allowed to buy one $25 xbox gift card. And they didn't even have a $50 one. Going back for more later this week.

You didn’t go to the one in Woodbridge (I can’t remember how far South you are)did you? I’m planning on going out there on Saturday.

That's as lame as Richmond's AA team--the Flying Squirrels.

Or the Hartford Yard Goats. Apparently a yard goat is some kind of vehicle or something that is used to switch trains around. They had a contest a few years ago to name the team, and THIS is what won. I have no idea what it has to do with Hartford. It’s not like it was ever a huge train city.

Disney Hotels are BACK on AAVacations.com (tagging @Natgridenergy)

Also when you book...make sure you search for 1 adult and/or 2 adults only and check that miles price on that before you book to make sure you aren't being charged incorrectly. :teacher: That site can be WEIRD...here's some scenarios I priced out recently and watch how goofy it can get: (tagging @wendow)

DATES = Aug 11 - Aug 15th; Garden View @ Yacht Club

• 1 Adult = 240,600 miles
  • 2 Adults = 240,700 miles
  • 2 Adults + 1 Child Age 0-5 = 240,700 miles
  • 2 Adults + 1 Child Age 6-9 = 245,500 miles
  • 2 Adults + 1 Child Age 10+ = 257,400 miles
  • 3 Adults = 257,400 miles
  • 2 Adults + 2 Children age 6 & 7 = 240,700 miles (so having 2 children costs less than 1??)
  • 2 Adults + 2 Children age 8 & 14 = 257,500 miles (so the older child costs something but the younger is free)
I can't actually figure out what is happening here...that's why I advise you to do a search on the 1 adult and/or 2 adult price. We know that adding kids should not add to your cost so don't pay more miles for nothing. As to all the goofiness above...I have no idea! :crazy: I guess an option would be booking your kids as "4 years old" even if they're older just to get them on the reservation. Or you could book without kids and try to add later. Since you can't add dining or tickets it doesn't much matter. You want them on the room though if you're using EMHs I think.

EDIT: @PolyRob points out about DME too...gotta get it fixed for that!

Thanks for the update. I’m looking at nov 2-6. Two adults and two kids ages 6 and 4. Down to yacht club, beach club or Coronado. Never stayed at either. Seems like you guys like yc. What say you?

@pillow and @havaneselover there are plenty of Kroger GCs at the Lowe’s behind Chesterfield Town Center. For some reason the associate wouldn’t let me do self checkout with mine, but whatever.

I also went by Staples to use up the last of my Amex offer on one card and bought $100 in Petco GCs. 20% savings came off immediately when scanned- no sale signage in the store. The cashier mentioned this was the first time he’d seen them do a sale on GCs that wasn’t just the no fee on VGC or MCGC. Maybe a sign of things to come?

Thank you! I checked Short Pump again today and still nothing.

Thanks for the update. I’m looking at nov 2-6. Two adults and two kids ages 6 and 4. Down to yacht club, beach club or Coronado. Never stayed at either. Seems like you guys like yc. What say you?
Yacht Club and Beach Club are just amazing to me. That area is so beautiful, you can walk to Epcot or HS, you can boat as well. I honestly don't have a preference between the 2 - both are nice and they share the same restaurants and awesome pool.

What’s the point difference? lol I like Coronado but it doesn’t really compare to the beach club. I’m staying at the Yatch Club for the first time in June. I like the renovated rooms. But between the Yatch and beach I’d def do the cheaper one.

Gah - yes...how could I forget DME. Thank you so much!! I just edited (with credit to you of course :)) I wonder what would happen if I booked 2 adults and my daughter's age 3 and age 4 and showed up with a 9 year old and 6 year old, lol! I'm sure they'd just say 4 people...check! At any rate...it's a weird website so make sure you aren't paying more miles than necessary for nothing. :)
Funny you mention... A "magical" TA told me about a year ago that it did not matter and that you could change the age of the guest in MDE if need be. I've never attempted it, but it seemed accurate and like it was easy to do. At least on the old website. I haven't tried with the newer MDE format.

Gah - yes...how could I forget DME. Thank you so much!! I just edited (with credit to you of course :)) I wonder what would happen if I booked 2 adults and my daughter's age 3 and age 4 and showed up with a 9 year old and 6 year old, lol! I'm sure they'd just say 4 people...check! At any rate...it's a weird website so make sure you aren't paying more miles than necessary for nothing. :)
I honestly don't think there's that much communication between any of the various stuff.... I am willing to bet the house no one would ever notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter