I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait...people are spending...$200-$300 on...headphones???? I think I am quite out of touch with normal people these days 🤣

DH actually spent $300 on a pair of Bang and Olufsen headphones earlier this year. They normally cost $500-$600, but I found an awesome offer for him. But those headphones would have a different purpose from the Airpod Pros. Not sure what he will do with his regular Airpods afterward though.

It is so weird. When I click to follow @SouthFayetteFan's links to reddit, I get what must be termed "old reddit," whereas when I go to reddit on my own, I get "new reddit."

It doesn't matter one way or the other, of course... just odd.

If you look at SFF's link, it actually specifies the old reddit interface. If you want that better (*cough* imho) interface permanently, you can click on "preferences" on the upper right hand corner of any reddit page, and then scroll down to the bottom to unselect having new reddit as your default. Cheers!

Just spending the morning we leave for our long weekend changing our hotels for the second half... :rotfl:

I just didn't think to look before now, but we have an early flight home on Monday and I see that Marriott has a hotel in the airport so I think I will switch us to that for Sunday night. Now that I just have Saturday night maybe I will book a more interesting place than my current Hampton. Busch Gardens doesn't open until 10am so I'm not so concerned about driving over there in the morning.

Still no Hawaiian miles in DH account, from his personal Barclays card. My Biz statement closed over the weekend, and my miles are in my account this morning (both the base purchase miles and the 10k auth user bonus, haven't met the full MSR Yet for the 60k). Just fired off another message to Barclays that I know will come back with the same canned response. It's so irritating, as the statement from 10.19 shows the number of miles "sent" to the Hawaiian account. :-( I don't need them, but we earned them, and they show in Barclays, just want them in the right place.

Chase banking offer - Targeted offer for checking + savings accounts $900

The best offer has been $300 for checking + $200 for savings with 15k balance + $100 for doing both for a total of $600.
This appears to be the same offer but they'll give you $400 for doing both to total $900 :eek:

I, of course, am not targeted. When I do get targeted offers, it's for less than public offers out there. :confused3 I've got my fingers crossed for y'all though. I hope someone manages to get a code for this.

Chase has literally been my bank since birth (well banks that Chase bought up....). I've never strayed from them...but bonuses like this make me want to close my accounts and come back during a nice bonus. Probably is, I have like 15 bank accounts with them between my own, my biz, my kids, my savings, my joint acct still w/ the ex, my mom's 3 accounts I'm on etc. There's no way I can remove myself fully from Chase which I think voids any bonuses, right?

Some might. Then again some of us might have purchased $279 Bose noise cancelling headphones during a deal of the day when they were $154 and stacked that with an Amazon 20% off offer and stacked that with a use 1 MR point and get $30 off offer :rolleyes1

Wow!!! I wish I got in on this deal. I'm looking for a good deal on Bose noise cancelling headphones. They work so well in the plane.

We have our last unrestricted free night certificates with IHG booked. I was hoping to go to DC and stay at the Willard again during cherry blossom time but that won't work out due to work scheduling. So we decided not to complicate things and booked a weekend in Key West at Crowne Plaza Key West La Concha. The room is $366 per night that weekend. Great value for a free night cert on a $49 AF card. When I called to book, I was offered 500 IHG points to listen to their vacation promotion. I said sure, why not. I cracked up inside as they said the vacation promotion they are offering was NOT a bucket list type vacation but just a 4 day, 3 night getaway vacation. So I knew to keep my expectations low :laughing:

The offer was a choice of 10 destinations, including Orlando, Las Vegas, Branson, Myrtle Beach, Williamsburg, Smoky Mountains, Cocoa Beach, Scottsdale, Galveston, Berkshires, Sheridan, Lake Palestine, and Canyon Lake for $199. Once you listen to the presentation, your $199 is refunded. Since 5 of the locations are interesting to me for a weekend getaway, I don't mind spending a couple of hours of my time in payment once the refund is factored into account.

I shared about this... Just so you know, they put you in an IHG hotel vs their vacation properties. When I went to book MB this summer I was going to be in a StayBridge Suites like 30 min from the beach. Not what I was expecting at ALL! They gave me an offer of $249 and gave me 5 nights.....but I ended up disputing the charge with Chase and getting it back. During my call they DID NOT tell me it would be at an IHG hotel vs their vacation properties. Chase sided w/ me :)

I shared about this... Just so you know, they put you in an IHG hotel vs their vacation properties. When I went to book MB this summer I was going to be in a StayBridge Suites like 30 min from the beach. Not what I was expecting at ALL! They gave me an offer of $249 and gave me 5 nights.....but I ended up disputing the charge with Chase and getting it back. During my call they DID NOT tell me it would be at an IHG hotel vs their vacation properties. Chase sided w/ me :)

I did see that post you shared and took that into consideration. I will read reviews on the different locations before deciding. I am perfectly am ok with using this for a long weekend in the Orlando area. I look at it as saving some DVC points that I can then rent out if I want to in exchange for 2 hours of my time. I’m good with that.

Last edited:
After getting like 10" of snow on Monday (when we were predicted to get 3-5") I woke yesterday to a snow day. I was excited as T/Th is my favorite yoga class. So I got to take the chance to get in my favorite yoga class. It's right by one of my Staples and one of the WM. So I grabbed another $1k in cards. I've only done $2k this promo. I managed to load $800 between the 2 walmarts. I think I could have probably loaded all of them at the service desk at the one WM as it was a younger girl and she probably could have cared less what I was asking her to do, LOL. I didn't try the line and the desk as all the lines are always so long. Grrrr. I think I might snag another $1k today and try both WM again and hopefully load $800 at both. We shall see.

It's killing me right now. For the last 4 years school has sent me to Vegas for a conference at this time. So my FB memories have been Vegas now for a few days. Vegas was home (for 3 years) and who doesn't love Vegas? Especially after 10" of snow! Damn new superintendent denied the conference and out of state travel. Not sure he understands the money we use comes from the state to be used ONLY in our programs. Grrrrr. I'm going to apply to present next year to insure I get to go to this conference. Also our school foundation said they would be willing to send us next year. They couldn't this year since they already spent money allocated to us (we get $$$$$$$$$$$ donations from a huge engineering company for our STEM program).

I did see that post you shared and took that into consideration. I will read reviews on the different locations before deciding. I perfectly am ok with using this for a long weekend in the Orlando area. I look at it as saving some DVC points that I can then rent out if I want to in exchange for 2 hours of my time. I’m good with that.

As long as people know what they are getting into, LOL. They did NOT tell me it would be a hotel. Or that it could be so far away! I had visions of my kids being able to use the pool, hang in the room, etc while I did the presentation. Not how it would have gone down at all. They did say for $$$$ extra I could stay at the properties. I was mad because the ONLY upcharge they said were spring break and christmas. And like I said, even when I read up, it seemed most got to stay on property. Oh well...lesson learned, LOL

At Disney right now. Worked out well driving to airport the night before our flight to avoid the snowstorm. Hope everyone has a great week! Will check in once in awhile and post some pics from Disney!
I think we’re gonna drive over on Saturday since Friday is showing rain. We want to get our Remy magnet and do the tree trail at DS. Then I can’t decide if we should do monorail resorts for the gingerbread houses or try treats at MK (or both).

I think we’re gonna drive over on Saturday since Friday is showing rain. We want to get our Remy magnet and do the tree trail at DS. Then I can’t decide if we should do monorail resorts for the gingerbread houses or try treats at MK (or both).

My DD and I will be there this weekend too. We’re getting in early Friday (6 am flight) and planning to go straight to AK when we arrive at Pop. Stupid rainy forecast for Friday. We’ll be at Epcot Saturday morning (Garden Grill breakfast yum). MK is the plan for Sunday. We only have the GG ADR and then BOG for lunch Sunday. Other than that we’ll be winging it. We’re so excited to escape this crazy early winter weather. :dance3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter