I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Hyatt...it’s Hyatt day on Daily Getaways. Trying to decide if I try for any or not. 3 hours to decide...

Hyatt experts.... will I have any issue with my upcoming night at MCO Hyatt? It's on points from DH's acct- I added in notes that I will be checking in..... should I worry? maybe call ahead?
I don't think you'll have any issues. I stayed there last month and got an email about online check-in. After I did that I received another email and it had instructions on using a kiosk to check in, so you don't even actually need to speak with anyone if you don't want to!

A little late to the party, but we have NEVER been in the Hall of Presidents LOL. Did Tiki once, that was enough. CoP we love though.
Today was my FP day for my short solo trip. Selection was non existent for both FOP and SDD. Couldn't get either at any time on day 1, and only an evening SDD on day 4.

I don't think you'll have any issues. I stayed there last month and got an email about online check-in. After I did that I received another email and it had instructions on using a kiosk to check in, so you don't even actually need to speak with anyone if you don't want to!
Thanks! Just made the adjustment for our upcoming Clearwater Beach stay! So simple!

I didn’t think fushimi inari would be downtown Kyoto but this whole area has been crazy. Tomorrow we’re going to kinkaku-ji and Arashiyama so hopefully those aren’t as touristy
I was shocked at how crowded Fushimi Inari was. Easily the most crowded place we saw the whole trip. We did do a kimono rental and that was super fun tho 🙂

Approved for CIP 2 this morning:banana:
I've been thinking I should try to get DH a second CIP before his silly furniture store card reports to his credit. We can make the spend on two I am sure. His original CIP was referred from my first one. Should I refer him for #2 from my #2 or is it ok to refer him from my first one a second time.

Congrats! :dogdance:
If you wait until the end of the status message it gives you an option to speak with a rep, I just did that and asked to get it sooner.
Thanks! did just that and got it expedited..... yahooooo...... and weird thing, while I was doing this I got a call from a "888" number.... I answered,the person mumbled something about chase cc, etc, I thought maybe it had to do with the new app.... but due to his extremely heavy accent I couldn't understand what he was asking, so I said no thank you and hung up. Not sure if it was a legit call or some sort of scam,but I would have given no info anyway to that person if I was asked. Thanks ya'll!

Like there's not enough confusion with AmEx's card names, they've decided to change the name of the Hilton Ascend card back to the Surpass card. I though the old card and the new card have slightly different benefits? How's that going to work since it's just a name change and not a product change? Sounds confusing. Plus they ruined their 'A' theme :p Name change will go into effect in July.

https://viewfromthewing.boardingare...on-american-express-cards-coming-this-summer/
The article also mentions the PP deval happening on Aug 1 and apparently a change to the Hilton Aspire resort credit on same date - the credit won't be given if you use one of the Advance Purchase rates for the resort stay.

Thanks- how many days ahead did you get email? I just found one ,but it has no option for online checkin ...just res. info.- I did add my name on his acct as a member of party...think that's useful?

Finally, got my Pack-It toiletries bag out to move my stuff over from my VB one. While it does lie flat, I definitely feel like it doesn’t hold much or is that organized. Debating whether it is going back or if I need to get DH and DS their own since I can no longer fit their items in also.
Did you get the larger one? I used mine for the first time last weekend and I was happy with it, but I'm very glad I went with the larger size. Maybe try that if yours was the regular one?

Thanks- how many days ahead did you get email? I just found one ,but it has no option for online checkin ...just res. info.- I did add my name on his acct as a member of party...think that's useful?
I just checked my emails and found that I got the online check-in email the day that I was checking in. Then later that day I got another email that had my room number and a QR code to use at the key dispenser to get my keys when I arrived. I think as long as you have access to the email(s) that will come through you'll be all set. Enjoy your stay - we found it soooo convenient!

This thread is amazing. Thank you so much to everyone who has helped me already. What a nice group of people!!

Was hoping my new CIP would have arrived in the mail on Saturday, but alas, no such luck. Will check again when I wake up this afternoon.

Things to do when I get it:
  • Get online access and add it to my existing Chase login so I have one less place to log into
  • Start spending
  • Figure out how to get a referral link so that my husband can apply (no idea if he would be approved) but don't have him apply too soon or we won't hit the MSR for his
  • IF he gets approved, sounds like we have to wait to add me as an employee of his business (CFO, if you please!)
**When he is doing his application, if he applies as sole proprietor, will they give him a hard time about adding an employee?**

@Lain thanks for the even more detailed explanation of the points' worth. Had I been booking today I would have blithely just booked at the "lowest value" possible and then been sad later but now I am armed with knowledge! Thank you! I did take a peek at that Chase Sapphire (reserve??) that you mentioned but the $450 annual fee kinda freaked me out. That is right up there with an AMEX I was looking at the other day. Yikes! Maybe later when I am well and truly hooked on travel....

Ok I'm going to ask this question but start with an apology...I'm having a hard time using search now, and I can't seem to pull up relevant info on this...I know I asked and was answered in the past but right now the changes are making it difficult to find..... Priority pass lounges at MCO. I will be arriving around 10 pm, and using ME next morning. Any chance I could use a PP lounge pass either later at night, or early am before getting bus? Looks like two clubs to choose from, the one on concourse4 B looks possible....or just don't bother?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter