I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for the experts on the new CIP for which I just got approved: Does the three months to earn the SUB start today? I don't doubt I can spend $5K in three months but I also don't want to miss out on the opportunity to do it ASAP and not have to worry about hitting that particular MSR any more.

And then another question. With the addition of the CIP, I am 4/24, so I guess I could technically get one more card. Do you recommend applying for one now, or waiting? Regardless of whether I should wait, do you have a recommended next card for which I should apply?

Still thinking about the Plastiq thing and wondering whether it's something I want to take on. I think perhaps I need to do this s l o w l y and not get in over my head too fast!

Trying to figure out our next card, we will be going to Alaska Sept 2020 on a cruise, and then to New Zealand in 2021. Thinking about the United Business card, but still haven't got the CIP yet, Also trying to decide if My husband should get the Delta Gold Business or Southwest Business....... He will need to wait another month, and I will have to wait till the end of June....

Me:
9/18 Discover
10/18 BOA
12/18 Chase Sapphire
4/19 Chase Freedom
DH
9/18 Capital One
11/18 BOA
11/18 Uber
11/18 Amex Cash
1/19 Wells Fargo Propel
1/19 Citi Double Cash
4/19 Amex Blue
5/19 Amex Business Bonvoy
It feels like your next card just has to be a CIP. It’s just a big gap in your lineup lol!

Question for the experts on the new CIP for which I just got approved: Does the three months to earn the SUB start today? I don't doubt I can spend $5K in three months but I also don't want to miss out on the opportunity to do it ASAP and not have to worry about hitting that particular MSR any more.

And then another question. With the addition of the CIP, I am 4/24, so I guess I could technically get one more card. Do you recommend applying for one now, or waiting? Regardless of whether I should wait, do you have a recommended next card for which I should apply?

Still thinking about the Plastiq thing and wondering whether it's something I want to take on. I think perhaps I need to do this s l o w l y and not get in over my head too fast!
Well here’s the exciting news...if you keep getting biz cards, you will CONTINUE to be 3/24 ;) (The CIP doesn't count). I would take your time, meet your CIP MSR and in 3 months you can get another CIP or chase biz card. If you hit the MSR quicker than they maybe look to another issuer’s biz card.

Typically you have 115 days from your approval date to meet the MSR. To be safe, I always make sure all charges for my MSR have POSTED by 90 days from my approval date. I track this in my spreadsheet :)

Last edited:
Trying to figure out our next card, we will be going to Alaska Sept 2020 on a cruise, and then to New Zealand in 2021. Thinking about the United Business card, but still haven't got the CIP yet, Also trying to decide if My husband should get the Delta Gold Business or Southwest Business....... He will need to wait another month, and I will have to wait till the end of June....

Me:
9/18 Discover
10/18 BOA
12/18 Chase Sapphire
4/19 Chase Freedom
DH
9/18 Capital One
11/18 BOA
11/18 Uber
11/18 Amex Cash
1/19 Wells Fargo Propel
1/19 Citi Double Cash
4/19 Amex Blue
In your situation I would definitely go for the CIP and the 80k URs....

Thank you so much! Your luggage takes a beating lol

We'd be traveling with 2 sets of friends and 1 new-to-us couple who has traveled with the other four (and we totally hit it off with them so yay). Five of the six are profs so we have to wait until fall semester classes finish to leave :laughing: One couple is from Delhi and from a small town in the north. We'll be going to Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, and one other place whose name I forgot. We will essentially be auditioning a tour company that could be used for annual donor trips for the university :thumbsup2 We're supposed to get the pricing from the company tomorrow!

Nice, thanks for the two recs! This is the first I have heard of the Lo and Sons Catalina totes and I may be in :love: Which do you have? I like the ones with the suitcase handle sleeve!

Ooooooh thanks :)

I got the tote which is a personal item, the others are for the overhead bin.It’s actually quite large, I could pack for a weekend away in it if I really had too. I love the suitcase sleeve and the bottom compartment for toiletries and such.

I love the luggage rabbit hole, it’s so much fun to look at them all.

I just bought my son an amazon basics deluxe hardsided suitcase for his birthday, the lightening McQueen suitcase he got at 2 had seen better days.
For 60 dollars, it’s really quite nice! I wasn’t splurging on an away for him

Me:
9/18 Discover
10/18 BOA
12/18 Chase Sapphire
4/19 Chase Freedom
DH
9/18 Capital One
11/18 BOA
11/18 Uber
11/18 Amex Cash
1/19 Wells Fargo Propel
1/19 Citi Double Cash
4/19 Amex Blue

I agree with the previous posters about getting a CIP. In my own planning experiences I have found that URs and MRs are much easier to use than a particular airline's miles since sometimes I just can't find any award travel that will work with my miles but so far I have been lucky and been able to get what I want using credit card points since I can transfer them to multiple airlines (sometimes with a very favorable transfer rate, too.)

I got the tote which is a personal item, the others are for the overhead bin.It’s actually quite large, I could pack for a weekend away in it if I really had too. I love the suitcase sleeve and the bottom compartment for toiletries and such.

I love the luggage rabbit hole, it’s so much fun to look at them all.

I just bought my son an amazon basics deluxe hardsided suitcase for his birthday, the lightening McQueen suitcase he got at 2 had seen better days.
For 60 dollars, it’s really quite nice! I wasn’t splurging on an away for him
Yeah, I think either the tote or the small deluxe would be best. Plus, I'm 5'1" :laughing:

dd19: "Are you watching...packing videos?"
me: :o:rotfl:

Yeah it is kindof, but I have downgraded mine more than once to the Blue because it's one of my older cards and then I can keep the line open fee free.

This is exactly what I did. I took my personal Gold and downgraded to the Blue so I wouldn't have to close an older card. It also gets a whopping .99 automatically drafted to it each month for my iCloud storage.

Hmm, I'll see if my dd and her friend can go those dates! I know their Monday classes are the problem but worth checking. I wish I could go with my dd but I don't think they want me along. I just don't understand why not :rotfl:I'm a cool mom!
Obviously, you take your boys to McDonald's AND let them play in the play place!
I love this thread. I literally posted something like "it's your vacation and there is no wrong way to do it. Do whatever you like" on another thread and apparently that means that I just don't understand things. :rotfl: I guess there is only one "right way" to do things LOL.

Love you guys! :grouphug:
WRONG. THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY TO DO THINGS.

:rolleyes1
Just cashed out all my Dosh and sent it to my bank. I've given up hope that the 2% (or more) to Sam's Club is ever coming back. sigh.
I'm so sad. Between that and the Uber credits not working for me I went back to using my AMEX currently for spend.

Another point in the hard-side vs. soft sided luggage debate: the hardside ones tend to split down the middle, giving you two small sides to pack, whereas the soft side usually gives you one large storage area. This can be a pro or a con depending on how you like to pack.

Another thought - our carry-ons are expandable and this has proved very helpful as we travel from one place to another after our flight (we can't expand them and carry them on, but once on the ground it makes moving so much easier).

Yes, this is something I think about a ton since we prefer to travel carry-on only (despite getting free check ins when we fly). I keep looking at a Tumi hard side expandable carry-on just because I think it's pretty, but I'm not sure that I can pack as efficiently with 2 half sides compared to the one large compartment. And since I really don't need it I can't come even close to justifying this kind of spend.

I can’t find anywhere, but has anyone seeing referral bonus for the new Amex Delta limited time sign up bonus? I tried to generate the support link, but it only shows regular low sign up bonus

I can’t find anywhere, but has anyone seeing referral bonus for the new Amex Delta limited time sign up bonus? I tried to generate the support link, but it only shows regular low sign up bonus
Are you trying for a biz or personal?

Actually since the CIP won't report to your personal CR you are still 3/24. Seems counterintuitive but Chase only looks at your report and doesn't factor in what cards you have with them when counting 5/24.

I'd only take on another card if you're sure you can meet the MSR at the same time without any extra spending. It's easy to spend in the rush of an approval and promise of beaucoup points at the end only to get in deeper than you meant to. Also work out the plan for what expenses would go to which and what card networks they accept - for example, if you decide to do an AmEx but your insurance you planned to use to meet MSR only takes Visa, that adds a layer of complexity. I like a plan and then a backup plan before I take on a MSR... but that's just me :)

Actually since the CIP won't report to your personal CR you are still 3/24. Seems counterintuitive but Chase only looks at your report and doesn't factor in what cards you have with them when counting 5/24.

I'd only take on another card if you're sure you can meet the MSR at the same time without any extra spending. It's easy to spend in the rush of an approval and promise of beaucoup points at the end only to get in deeper than you meant to. Also work out the plan for what expenses would go to which and what card networks they accept - for example, if you decide to do an AmEx but your insurance you planned to use to meet MSR only takes Visa, that adds a layer of complexity. I like a plan and then a backup plan before I take on a MSR... but that's just me :)
EXCELLENT point! I totally overlooked that she was 3/24 before the CIP :D (edited my earlier comment now)

Last edited:

Me:
9/18 Discover
10/18 BOA
12/18 Chase Sapphire
4/19 Chase Freedom
DH
9/18 Capital One
11/18 BOA
11/18 Uber
11/18 Amex Cash
1/19 Wells Fargo Propel
1/19 Citi Double Cash
4/19 Amex Blue

I would definitely get the CIP over the United Biz since the URs can transfer 1:1 to United it would be like 80,000 United points which is higher than the United sign up. For DH, unless some of those are business cards and you left that off, then he is not getting a Chase Southwest card since it looks like he is 7/24 until September 2020.

Me:
9/18 Discover
10/18 BOA
12/18 Chase Sapphire
4/19 Chase Freedom
DH
9/18 Capital One
11/18 BOA
11/18 Uber
11/18 Amex Cash
1/19 Wells Fargo Propel
1/19 Citi Double Cash
4/19 Amex Blue
Unless I'm reading this wrong your DH is locked out of the SW Biz (and the rest of Chase) until 2020.

But I concur with the others, a CIP if you can swing it for you. The URs would be helpful with either goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter