I lost my brother tonight....

I’m so sorry. I remember you writing your concerns for your brother. I know you were close. I can’t imagine. I’m just so sorry.

Thank you for imploring people to take care of themselves. As I’ve said on here before, I am a literal germaphobe. Going to the doctor before this started caused me anxiety. My family has kept going to our appointments. I stressed about it for weeks before taking my youngest to his 4 month visit. I’m trying to encourage my mom to keep up with her health too. She’s a cancer survivor, with other health conditions, she needs oversight from trained professionals.

I’m so sorry. I remember you writing your concerns for your brother. I know you were close. I can’t imagine. I’m just so sorry.

Thank you for imploring people to take care of themselves. As I’ve said on here before, I am a literal germaphobe. Going to the doctor before this started caused me anxiety. My family has kept going to our appointments. I stressed about it for weeks before taking my youngest to his 4 month visit. I’m trying to encourage my mom to keep up with her health too. She’s a cancer survivor, with other health conditions, she needs oversight from trained professionals.

I had an allergic reaction the other day and ended up in the ER. They actually thanked me for coming, and said too many people were afraid to go, and were making themselves worse. If you or a loved one needs to see a doctor, please go!! Take you hand sanitizer and wear a mask and gloves, but go!

I had to travel out of state in May to see my oncologist in NYC suburbs of a very hard hit county. She is part of a nationally ranked university hospital system. The only Covid patients seen in the oncology center and hospital oncology wing were from LTC facilities. For those patients, staff enrobe in full PPE in a “clean room” created in the office suite just for this situation. The 2 oncologists over 70 took approximately 8 weeks off, but were returning to office the beginning of June. While treatment and appointment schedules for those at most risk had been adjusted—including telehealth, the office did not experience spread within staff or patients related to office visits.

I would have your mother call the office. My appointment needed to be in person, and I felt very safe the entire time. Seeing my oncologist is always good for my mental state; this visit even more so.

I'm sorry for your loss.

I know someone that died for the exact same reasons. She was sick (non COVID-19 related) and wouldn't seek help due to fear of getting the virus. After five days, her husband woke up next to his dead wife. She was in her early 30's. So sad and crazy.

I had to travel out of state in May to see my oncologist in NYC suburbs of a very hard hit county. She is part of a nationally ranked university hospital system. The only Covid patients seen in the oncology center and hospital oncology wing were from LTC facilities. For those patients, staff enrobe in full PPE in a “clean room” created in the office suite just for this situation. The 2 oncologists over 70 took approximately 8 weeks off, but were returning to office the beginning of June. While treatment and appointment schedules for those at most risk had been adjusted—including telehealth, the office did not experience spread within staff or patients related to office visits.

I would have your mother call the office. My appointment needed to be in person, and I felt very safe the entire time. Seeing my oncologist is always good for my mental state; this visit even more so.

I try to reason with her. I suggest strategies, like taking the first appointment of the day. So far, she's letting fear of the possible outweigh the very high risk of not going to her screenings and preventative care visits. She had a cousin pass away from Covid-19. It was near the beginning of the outbreak, so his treatment plan was nothing like it would be today, and he was fighting an infection so his immune system was shot from already fighting an illness and antibiotics. It's sad, it's scary, and it hits close to home. At the end of the day, I'm still more scared of cancer. My risk and her risk don't disappear because of a pandemic (it's incredibly prevalent in my family).

I try to reason with her. I suggest strategies, like taking the first appointment of the day. So far, she's letting fear of the possible outweigh the very high risk of not going to her screenings and preventative care visits. She had a cousin pass away from Covid-19. It was near the beginning of the outbreak, so his treatment plan was nothing like it would be today, and he was fighting an infection so his immune system was shot from already fighting an illness and antibiotics. It's sad, it's scary, and it hits close to home. At the end of the day, I'm still more scared of cancer. My risk and her risk don't disappear because of a pandemic (it's incredibly prevalent in my family).
Same. More scared of cancer
Not due to Covid 19, but as a direct result of it. Because he was too afraid of being infected to seek medical attention when he needed it. Because he let the fear of this virus paralyze him until it was too late. My plea is - if you or anyone you know needs medical help, don't put it off due to fear. PLEASE listen to your body and don't ignore warning signs.
EveDallas, your love for your family has always been visible in your posts. I am sorry for your loss.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter