I know you love Disney but...really? ~a dis meet in London 5/15

I agree, they don't get it. And no matter how many times I try to knock them over the head with the joy of disney they just won't listen.;)
I love the doxy in your avatar ! We have 2 little wieners.

:rotfl2: You know me too well! Maybe I should just get a supply of pain meds before I go.

Oh yes! That would be way more entertaining for us than knowing what your benefits are! :lmao:

I agree, they don't get it. And no matter how many times I try to knock them over the head with the joy of disney they just won't listen.;)
I love the doxy in your avatar ! We have 2 little wieners.

I hear ya, thank goodness for the Dis, it's nice to know your not alone! Aw, thanks for the compliment on my baby! That's Priscilla. We also had two doxies but unfortunately we had to put Norman down last year, he was 16 years old, blind and failing badly so it was a tough decision.

On a much happier note, I can't wait to hear about your trip! So exciting! I hope you take lots and lots of pictures!

Now that I pulled myself off the floor from shock at seeing you here, I'm so excited! How long has it been since you've posted over here?

Well, we got back from our last WDW trip in May 2008...so about that long! :rolleyes1

Oh yes! That would be way more entertaining for us than knowing what your benefits are! :lmao:
thanks....I think

I hear ya, thank goodness for the Dis, it's nice to know your not alone! Aw, thanks for the compliment on my baby! That's Priscilla. We also had two doxies but unfortunately we had to put Norman down last year, he was 16 years old, blind and failing badly so it was a tough decision.

On a much happier note, I can't wait to hear about your trip! So exciting! I hope you take lots and lots of pictures!
I love my doxies but I swear they're brainless....maybe that's what makes them so cute.
;)

Well, we got back from our last WDW trip in May 2008...so about that long! :rolleyes1

:rotfl2:

A couple of days ago D.Jay and I had to travel 2 hours each way for a 30 minute appointment, that makes for lots of time to talk. And I finally brought up the subject that is bugging me about this trip, so much so that I've tried to ignore it, but I knew it had to be said.

We need to update our will and who would get custody of our kids if something were to happen to us. We had our friend who's an attorney do one for us about 9 years ago when we took our first trip without the kids.

A lot can change in 9 years, so I couldn't leave without knowing we had things updated. I'm sure this topic strikes fear into the heart of every parent.

I guess being a child who's mother died very young, colors my life in different ways. I worry about it in ways that I don't think many do, because I know the reality of growing up with out my mom. I was blessed with an amazing woman who came into my life and was my "mom" in every way, but there's always been a part of me missing. The thought of my kids going through this is nearly bad enough to make me live in a bubble.

On the positive side, as we discussed who would be the best fit for the kids I realized how blessed we are with an amazing family and any of them would take them in and love them.

So, I've spent the past few days with a slight gray cloud over head but now that it's taken care of I'm feeling better and can move onto happier things!

I'm in....FINALLY!!! It wouldn't let me post anything the other day. :headache:

So glad you are finally getting to take YOUR trip. :goodvibes Can't wait to read more. popcorn::

Wow - serious stuff. But it's nice that you got it settled and you can go on. We really need to do our will. A couple of years ago we were almost hit head on by a truck, and I wasn't afraid at all - just sad that we didn't have things in order for our grown kids. I did write them a letter and put it in the safe with the life insurance, but I don't think that works in court.

I'm in....FINALLY!!! It wouldn't let me post anything the other day. :headache:

So glad you are finally getting to take YOUR trip. :goodvibes Can't wait to read more. popcorn::
:banana: I'm glad you made it! I've had a problem logging on here lately too.

Wow - serious stuff. But it's nice that you got it settled and you can go on. We really need to do our will. A couple of years ago we were almost hit head on by a truck, and I wasn't afraid at all - just sad that we didn't have things in order for our grown kids. I did write them a letter and put it in the safe with the life insurance, but I don't think that works in court.
I'm really good at the Scarlet O'Hara philosophy....I'll think about it tomorrow because tomorrow is another day.I feel much better now that it's done.

A couple of days ago D.Jay and I had to travel 2 hours each way for a 30 minute appointment, that makes for lots of time to talk. And I finally brought up the subject that is bugging me about this trip, so much so that I've tried to ignore it, but I knew it had to be said.

We need to update our will and who would get custody of our kids if something were to happen to us. We had our friend who's an attorney do one for us about 9 years ago when we took our first trip without the kids.

A lot can change in 9 years, so I couldn't leave without knowing we had things updated. I'm sure this topic strikes fear into the heart of every parent.

I guess being a child who's mother died very young, colors my life in different ways. I worry about it in ways that I don't think many do, because I know the reality of growing up with out my mom. I was blessed with an amazing woman who came into my life and was my "mom" in every way, but there's always been a part of me missing. The thought of my kids going through this is nearly bad enough to make me live in a bubble.

On the positive side, as we discussed who would be the best fit for the kids I realized how blessed we are with an amazing family and any of them would take them in and love them.

So, I've spent the past few days with a slight gray cloud over head but now that it's taken care of I'm feeling better and can move onto happier things!

Wow, I guess as an adult that doesn't have kids, I've never thought of this. I'm so sorry you had to grow up without your mom and though you are lucky that amazing woman came into your life, I can only imagine what that must have felt like growing up. I'm glad however, you were able to get it taken care of so that you can move on to the happier things! That's just wonderful!

You are right about the doxies, lack of brain matter, making them adorable. Pris is just a sweetheart and I love her so much. She's a character and makes me laugh a lot!

And I finally brought up the subject that is bugging me about this trip, so much so that I've tried to ignore it, but I knew it had to be said.

We need to update our will and who would get custody of our kids if something were to happen to us.

I so know what you mean. We ended up in a friend/atty's office the week before we left for our first trip to Russia for the adoption, because I couldn't bring myself to deal with the issue, but I knew we couldn't embark on the first of three trans-atlantic flights without a will! It was so stressful that we had to stop at Cheesecake Factory on the way home. ;)

Wow! Can't wait to hear about this trip. It's been a long time coming. I am jealous. I don't think I'll ever take a trip to Europe. Simply because I don't see myself getting on an airplane without being totally knocked out. :rotfl2: I will just live vicariously through others' trips.

I love your TR's anyways, but this one I KNOW will be awesome!!! I can't wait to read all about your plans!!!

~~Dawn

I so know what you mean. We ended up in a friend/atty's office the week before we left for our first trip to Russia for the adoption, because I couldn't bring myself to deal with the issue, but I knew we couldn't embark on the first of three trans-atlantic flights without a will! It was so stressful that we had to stop at Cheesecake Factory on the way home. ;)
cheesecake makes every thing better!....except for my tellietubbie shape.

Wow! Can't wait to hear about this trip. It's been a long time coming. I am jealous. I don't think I'll ever take a trip to Europe. Simply because I don't see myself getting on an airplane without being totally knocked out. :rotfl2: I will just live vicariously through others' trips.
I'm so glad I don't have a fear of flying....knock on wood. I'm paranoid of plenty of other things, like eating chicken off the bone.

I love your TR's anyways, but this one I KNOW will be awesome!!! I can't wait to read all about your plans!!!

~~Dawn

:banana:I'm glad you made it by, I'm super slow so it should be easy to stay caught up.....quiet ROSIE!

This past 2 weeks have been crazy! Between band concerts, a choir concert and a play my kids have kept me pretty occupied. They seem to be very good at that.

About a week ago I recieved something in the mail that caused more excitment than even disney express envelopes......It was our passports!:banana::banana::banana:

I was in the middle of my taxi runs with the kids when I picked up the mail. Hunter got into the van, took one look at me and asked "what's wrong"? I managed to stop crying long enough to show him my passport. To say he was non-plussed would be an understatment. He just shook his head and rolled his eyes. I guess he's too young to appreciate a happy cry.

The past couple of weeks has also been full of car problems and all my kids growing out of their jeans and shoes. I have no idea why it always hits at the same time. Replacing 1 childs wardrobe is much easier on the bank account than 4.

The problems with the van started with the brakes needing replaced and the next week we got to replace the tires.

So, we had to dip into the vacation fund. I even questioned a few times if we should still be going on this trip but luckily D.Jay had the correct answer, we should still go.

We may be hitch hiking around London& Paris and begging for food on the corner, but I imagine it will be much more posh being in Europe.:rotfl: Who knows...maybe I can put my pole dancing to good use? I'd get payed to NOT do it.;)

:yay: and :cool1: for receiving your passports!

I hear you on the shoes and jeans and brakes and tires! We have those very same issues, except the tires I just bought have a whole van attached to 'em. :eek:

Hey, it's not my money but I agree with D.Jay -- you should still go on the trip. 'Cause I want to read about it, and....when else are you going to go?

That's a good point about the food scraps in Europe may be more posh. "Let them eat cake!" Oh yeah, I am so down with that!!!

:yay: and :cool1: for receiving your passports!

I hear you on the shoes and jeans and brakes and tires! We have those very same issues, except the tires I just bought have a whole van attached to 'em. :eek:

Hey, it's not my money but I agree with D.Jay -- you should still go on the trip. 'Cause I want to read about it, and....when else are you going to go?

That's a good point about the food scraps in Europe may be more posh. "Let them eat cake!" Oh yeah, I am so down with that!!!

I'm glad I didn't have to get something attached to the tires. ;) We're close to that point but I'm hoping we can squeak by another 2 years. I HATE car payments!:headache: I tend to drive a car untill it's begging for mercy.

I'm looking forward to the french food....the pastries specifically.:cloud9: So, we'll eat as cheep as we can in London and save for a couple of splurges in Paris and the ridiculously priced food in DLP.

Late to the party, but enjoying the hors d'oeuvres. (Or Horse Doovers as they are proudly known in Texas.)

Looking forward to hearing the deets on DLP!

About a week ago I recieved something in the mail that caused more excitment than even disney express envelopes......It was our passports!:banana::banana::banana:

I was in the middle of my taxi runs with the kids when I picked up the mail. Hunter got into the van, took one look at me and asked "what's wrong"? I managed to stop crying long enough to show him my passport. To say he was non-plussed would be an understatment. He just shook his head and rolled his eyes. I guess he's too young to appreciate a happy cry.

that is cry worthy!

The past couple of weeks has also been full of car problems and all my kids growing out of their jeans and shoes. I have no idea why it always hits at the same time. Replacing 1 childs wardrobe is much easier on the bank account than 4.

The problems with the van started with the brakes needing replaced and the next week we got to replace the tires.

Why does it happen like that? It always hits at the same time, makes me nuts (and broke)

So, we had to dip into the vacation fund. I even questioned a few times if we should still be going on this trip but luckily D.Jay had the correct answer, we should still go.

We may be hitch hiking around London& Paris and begging for food on the corner, but I imagine it will be much more posh being in Europe.:rotfl: Who knows...maybe I can put my pole dancing to good use? I'd get payed to NOT do it.;)

:thumbsup2 D.Jay!

I jumped up and down when I got my passport! :yay:

Then, I went to Italy for 10 days. Ahh...
Someday I'll return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter