I just don't get the wait list

I have gotten nights 1, 2 and 4 of a BCV studio during F&W through a combination of WL and stalking in the last few days. Still waiting on night #3 but I'm hopeful. Thank you VGF2!!

I have gotten nights 1, 2 and 4 of a BCV studio during F&W through a combination of WL and stalking in the last few days. Still waiting on night #3 but I'm hopeful. Thank you VGF2!!
Bravo! Been incessantly stalking BCV waiting for the one night in October I need two studios to open up.... am crossing my fingers and toes that someone decides to try out VGF2! Have already snagged up 4 studio nights one by one in the last month.... just need this last night to come through!

Update: Was just able to book one of the two studios I need at BCV online -- same exact night that I've already got waitlisted. I was actually chatting with MS when the room became available and was able to book it myself by modifying an existing reservation. MS shows that my waitlist is still active and the response for how I was able to book the studio without the waitlist catching it was this:

Sometimes when Members have waitlists the system will hold inventory for them and they are able to book it online before the Magic behind the scenes happens and the waitlist is confirmed. Since you were on at the exact moment it most likely became available, it could be you were just faster than the system could update that the waitlist had matched.

I'm perfectly happy, as I still need another studio for that night and want to keep my waitlist request active... But I'm going to chalk this up as another reason to stalk availability even when I have a pending waitlist request!

We had a waitlist for the fall come through for a 2 bedroom at AKV. We stalked and one time one day of the three popped up. The other day our waitlist came through.

Our waitlist for our 1 night for this coming Friday just expired and did get filled. Same for my friend. She also had a one night waitlist that didn’t come through.

It's a miracle! I just got a waitlist to fill for one night of CLUB LEVEL Jambo studio. Crazy. Waitlist is really coming through lately. I have two member numbers, and I have keep changing around my waitlists, because all four keep filling!
As members' booking aggressiveness increased over the years, I was always of the belief that there was a similar rise in cancellations / plan changes. 11 months is a long time for conflicts to rise up, traveling companions to bail, etc.

Congrats.

I wait list for my home resort a few times every other year, VGC studios, which are some of the hardest to get in the system since there are only 24 (23 if you take out the hearing impaired one, which I exclude now that I have that option which I'm very grateful for). They match a little more than half of the time, usually within a week of the 30 days. I don't stalk the site, don't have time for that.

I just had the 2nd to last week of June match, I had one night and was hoping to turn it into a 3 night stay, had waitlisted nights 2 & 3 together at 8 months, and listed just night 2 at around 5 months since I decided I wanted 2 nights or none. Got all 3 nights this time.

I haven't gotten a notification that my waitlist has matched in recent memory, has been a pleasant surprise when I log into my account. Seems weird that a new reservation doesn't trigger an e-mail notification.

It's been a little over a week and I'm still waiting on night 3 of a 4 night stay in BCV. Things moved when VGF2 opened up for booking - some nights filled through waitlist (no email, just saw the points deducted from my account) and some through stalking. I still have plenty of time but getting anxious ... just one night ... 😰

It's been a little over a week and I'm still waiting on night 3 of a 4 night stay in BCV. Things moved when VGF2 opened up for booking - some nights filled through waitlist (no email, just saw the points deducted from my account) and some through stalking. I still have plenty of time but getting anxious ... just one night ... 😰
I feel your pain! It is so frustrating to see the room I need available for a cash reservation but not to book with points.

Our waitlist just cleared for a BWV value studio for 5 nights in September. We had booked right at the 11 month point and still had to waitlist our home resort (which was a little frustrating at the time). But we have generally had good luck with waitlists clearing eventually, so we just went with it.Initially we were backed up with a studio at SSR. Then, a few weeks ago when VGF2 opened up, we switched over there instead of SSR.

When I got the email today, after about 7 1/2 months on the waitlist, I was almost disappointed since the Grand is the only WDW resort where we haven't stayed. But with a BWV value studio during food and wine I got over any disappointment very quickly - we're coming home! 🎉🥳

Last edited:
I'm coming up on 3 weeks on the WL for a BCV studio in August. (I know)
My sister decided in April that she wanted to come. I have a backup booked at Dolphin, but she has 3 littles (including infant twins) and I know it would be really hard for us to get the families together unless we were all at the same resort. Logistics, etc. She is being a little willfully blind about park passes, getting tickets, etc. Not understanding that the system has changed dramatically since the last time she visited 7 years ago.

Anyway - picked up nights here and there and waiting on:

"Long shot" waitlists do come through. On a whim, I waitlisted for a BLT standard view studio for 3 nights last year in late/November- early December. To my surprise, it came through. The three nights in at Lake view studio that I gave up disappeared right way.
I booked last week 12/28-1/2 waitlisted 12/27 and it came through within a week. One day vs. multiple days..

Ive had success with waitlists for a number of resorts including California!

I also have had success checking availability While on waitlist. We typically travel during Holidays. One year I was able to snag 2 studios (standard view) at Boardwalk during Food & Wine

The waitlist outlived its purpose once online reservations came about. They never updated the tech so it's basically pointless.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter