I just don't get the wait list

That is most likely true for the DVC side.

the fact the the cash side gives a little cushion to allow the DVC side to intermingle May just be an added bonus

That is most likely true for the DVC side.

the fact the the cash side gives a little cushion to allow the DVC side to intermingle May just be an added bonus

I don’t think DVC makes decision that have anything to do with cash reservations. Two completely different divisions.

I don’t think DVC makes decision that have anything to do with cash reservations. Two completely different divisions.
Most likely correct, but the flow together so seamlessly, that I’m going to give Disney credit for it:…. They have been having a bad couple on months

Most likely correct, but the flow together so seamlessly, that I’m going to give Disney credit for it:…. They have been having a bad couple on months

I know what you may be thinking, but DVC can not do things that have anything to do with supporting the cash side of things.

For others reading, I think it’s important to be clear that the only decisions that DVC makes in terms of the waitlist rules has to do with DVC rooms available for points bookings, and nothing else, especially since at 7 days, any owner canceling is penalized for doing so.

I know what you may be thinking, but DVC can not do things that have anything to do with supporting the cash side of things.

For others reading, I think it’s important to be clear that the only decisions that DVC makes in terms of the waitlist rules has to do with DVC rooms available for points bookings, and nothing else, especially since at 7 days, any owner canceling is penalized for doing so.
Well Maybe the cash side of the house is being nice. Or maybe it is dumb luck that they co inside so well.

Either case they mess together well so that you can wait until the last minute on the wait list and still have a room

Well Maybe the cash side of the house is being nice. Or maybe it is dumb luck that they co inside so well.

Either case they mess together well so that you can wait until the last minute on the wait list and still have a room

Coincidence for sure as DVC owners are not booking those cash rooms

Cash rooms in a DVC resort most likely not
Cash rooms in a Disney hotel. I do all the time when I do last minute trips and do get the waitlist luck

My responses are not helping this thread stay on topic so let’s just get back to the rules about waitlists for booking DVC rooms on points.

My responses are not helping this thread stay on topic so let’s just get back to the rules about waitlists for booking DVC rooms on points.
This is true, But the rules were covered on page one…
everything since then, has just been yay or nay stories….

This is true, But the rules were covered on page one…
everything since then, has just been yay or nay stories….

Again, asking that we stick to the topic of DVC points reservations and waitlists, including people sharing success or stalking stories.

Thank you.

I have been fortunate with waitlists in the past when I thought it was a long shot but, not lucky when I thought it was a lot more realistic like 1bdrm Kidani…I really wish the website would indicate when the WL matched. MS has advised me on several occasions that it says “matched” but, I have not seen that happen ever. I have never received the email advising of a match either.

Last edited:
I have been fortunate with waitlists in the past when I thought it was a long shot but, not lucky when I thought it was a lot more realistic like 1bdrm Kidani…I really wish the website would indicate when the WL matched. MS has advised me on several occasions that it says “matched” but, Zi have not seen that happen ever. I have never received the email advising of a match either.

That is the one thing I wish too. It would be so nice to know, especially when you only get two.

At least I have been fortunate to have chat be able to tell me lately. For a long time, they said they didn’t have that access

My waitlist for standard view studio at Poly came through around day 35. I had a lake view studio and a standard view, but wanted to save the 16 points for next year. Also figured we might get connecting rooms if same room type. DH will be upset if we are looking at a parking lot though.

I did not receive an email - just noticed 16 extra points available to bank. Chatted to request connecting rooms and CM indicated that an email had been sent. He offered to resend it - never received it and not in spam folder either. Confirmation was received yesterday through snail mail….

I should have also noted I did get an email with the updated itinerary and points.

My waitlist for Dec 31 at BLT just came through. I had Jan 1-4 booked, but waitlisted the 31st. I’ve been on the waitlist about 2 months. I’ve been checking myself almost every day, even checked today around 11 am… nothing, and then the email came around noon.

My WL for the evening of 10/1 at the Poly matched this weekend! I noticed an adjacent night available while I was stalking the site, chatted MS, and sure enough my waitlist was waiting to be assigned. CM made the assignment and submitted a request to link my existing res for 10/2-4. Hoping I’ll get lucky with my BCV WL for later that week! 🤞🏻

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter