I just dont get SB

You can get both Amazon and Walmart gift cards through SBs. I get either Walmart or Sams Club gift cards and use those to buy Disney Gift Cards at Sams Club. They have a 5% discount there.
Great! I wasnt sure of I could use walmart cards to get disney cards but the discount at Sam's would be even better. We dont have a local Sam's, do you know if you can use gift cards for gift cards online with sams?

Great! I will try that. I realized on mypoints that you dont have to watch the whole video, just start it and it counts! This obviously requires me to sit there and do it, but it's faster.

Same for SB. You can click Next after 4-5 seconds. If I've time, I'd babysit. But it's nice to not have to. On a good day, with short ads and nothing get stuck, I can to half my goal overnight.

Buy a cheaper Android smartphone to download all the SB apps to run the videos on. It was taking up too much memory on my iPhone. It also doesn't interfere with me using my phone for other things. Tracfone or Walmart usually has some cheaper smart phones.

I’ve tried so many of the rewards sites, and the most I’ve seemed to make is $100 a year. With all the time spent it comes to pennies per hour. I’ve found that almost every part time job would be so much more lucrative. I guess if there is no other way to get out of the house and make money but I just don’t see how it’s a money maker.

I’ve tried so many of the rewards sites, and the most I’ve seemed to make is $100 a year. With all the time spent it comes to pennies per hour. I’ve found that almost every part time job would be so much more lucrative. I guess if there is no other way to get out of the house and make money but I just don’t see how it’s a money maker.
It definitely depends on your situation. Swagbucks works well for me because I exercise every morning before work and put my laptop on my stair master. So while I’m exercising and watching tv, I earn an extra $100+ a month. I’m a single mom so play money is very valuable to me:)

SB's is a lesson in frustration but it can work. The problem is you have to spend more and more time on it to get anything. And their system is full of glitches. Some stuff never credits without putting in a request. And you have to watch it closely because things that are suppose to credit 30-45 days later are easy to forget. And I really think they count on that. So don't expect big paydays, it's just too much work for that. But I average a $25 GC a month without being totally frustrated with the site.

I am trying to get going on it as well, and am totally annoyed with it already. I find it way too time consuming. Trying to persevere at least through my first gift card so what I have done so far wasn't a waste.

I'm finding Mypoints less frustrating. I dont know if I could make more on SB, but I'm hacubv all sorts of issues with the videos on my computer and can only use my phone, so for now I think I will stick with mypoints. I used it for a few years for a couple gift cards for trip but it looks like I will be able to do about a 25 gc per month because they have videos now, so it will definitely help!

I run my own petsitting business, so there's no way to get a part time job. I have to be available 24/7 for clients basically, but have a lot of down time, so this is a nice way to ear a little extra. I'm also utilizing my amex now for points too so hopefully another 25 from that every month or so.

There are several apps (SBTV, EntertaiNow, MovieCli.ps, IndyMusic TV, LifeStylz TV, and Sportly TV) in addition to Answer, SB Local and the SB apps. Run the videos on those on your smart device.

How do you get credit for these? Do you have to download the apps from the Swagbucks page?

I download these apps from Android playstore (probably the same for Apple iTune). It's free. Then log onto them with your SB account.

SB's is a lesson in frustration but it can work. The problem is you have to spend more and more time on it to get anything. And their system is full of glitches. Some stuff never credits without putting in a request. And you have to watch it closely because things that are suppose to credit 30-45 days later are easy to forget. And I really think they count on that. So don't expect big paydays, it's just too much work for that. But I average a $25 GC a month without being totally frustrated with the site.

That was my issue. To spend that much time and effort for a dollar an hour wasn’t worth it to me. Plus the aggravation to see if points were being credited wasn’t worth it - my time is much more valuable than that! I could work two or three hours A MONTH at a part-time job and make that piddly amount.

That was my issue. To spend that much time and effort for a dollar an hour wasn’t worth it to me. Plus the aggravation to see if points were being credited wasn’t worth it - my time is much more valuable than that! I could work two or three hours A MONTH at a part-time job and make that piddly amount.
That's the issue that a lot of people have with these programs. If I can let them run in the background while I work or if they run relatively problem-free for a few hours, then they're great. If I have to constantly reset crashing apps or check in to advance to the next video, it's not worth my time.

The advantage to these programs is that you don't have to leave your home to earn those few dollars here and there. You can take care of the kids, watch TV, run a few loads of laundry, scrub the bathroom and a zillion other household tasks while doing them. You can't say that about most part-time jobs.

SB has gotten a lot less attention from me since they made the nCraves more interactive and raised the number of videos needed to earn a few points. I prefer Perk and EarnHoney, which basically run with little attention on my part. They're not rapid earners (maybe $15-$25 per week) but if I'm not constantly attending to the apps and videos, so it's an easy gig.

That's the issue that a lot of people have with these programs. If I can let them run in the background while I work or if they run relatively problem-free for a few hours, then they're great. If I have to constantly reset crashing apps or check in to advance to the next video, it's not worth my time.

The advantage to these programs is that you don't have to leave your home to earn those few dollars here and there. You can take care of the kids, watch TV, run a few loads of laundry, scrub the bathroom and a zillion other household tasks while doing them. You can't say that about most part-time jobs.

SB has gotten a lot less attention from me since they made the nCraves more interactive and raised the number of videos needed to earn a few points. I prefer Perk and EarnHoney, which basically run with little attention on my part. They're not rapid earners (maybe $15-$25 per week) but if I'm not constantly attending to the apps and videos, so it's an easy gig.

I tried Perk on my old Samsung phone, and I felt like I had to babysit it and many of the videos earned 0. I stopped after a day of that. Any tips from Perk?

Thanks for your insight, @Marionnette ! I love seeing your replies on the boards. I feel you answer the same way I think! :)

I tried Perk on my old Samsung phone, and I felt like I had to babysit it and many of the videos earned 0. I stopped after a day of that. Any tips from Perk?

Thanks for your insight, @Marionnette ! I love seeing your replies on the boards. I feel you answer the same way I think! :)
I have a lot of old Moto G androids. The little buggers are real workhorses! I run Perk TV Live! on some and Perk TV on others and one runs the Viggle app. Once I get my repaired S8+ back from Samsung (that's a story for another day), I'll go back to running Live! on my old S5. I have a couple of older iPads that have been sitting idle for the past couple of months but when I used them, they did Pop Quiz. I don't set my phones to do automatic updates. When one comes out for any of the apps, I check the reddit boards to see if anyone is reporting an issue. If no one is, then I will update just one phone to see if I experience any problems before I update the others.

And sometimes I run Perk .TV videos on an old laptop but I find the website to be buggy and I have more success just running EarnHoney on laptops.

If you go to Perk .com, they have daily tasks that earn anywhere from 50-100 points if you complete them. Easy to do and most of them are done via the apps (Perk Scratch & Win, Viggle, Perk TV Live! and Perk TV) and one slideshow. If I find that an app is not earning for me, I switch out to one of the other Perk apps for a while but they tend to be more interactive. I prefer the passive earners.

I have a lot of old Moto G androids. The little buggers are real workhorses! I run Perk TV Live! on some and Perk TV on others and one runs the Viggle app. Once I get my repaired S8+ back from Samsung (that's a story for another day), I'll go back to running Live! on my old S5. I have a couple of older iPads that have been sitting idle for the past couple of months but when I used them, they did Pop Quiz. I don't set my phones to do automatic updates. When one comes out for any of the apps, I check the reddit boards to see if anyone is reporting an issue. If no one is, then I will update just one phone to see if I experience any problems before I update the others.

And sometimes I run Perk .TV videos on an old laptop but I find the website to be buggy and I have more success just running EarnHoney on laptops.

If you go to Perk .com, they have daily tasks that earn anywhere from 50-100 points if you complete them. Easy to do and most of them are done via the apps (Perk Scratch & Win, Viggle, Perk TV Live! and Perk TV) and one slideshow. If I find that an app is not earning for me, I switch out to one of the other Perk apps for a while but they tend to be more interactive. I prefer the passive earners.

Thanks! I will have to try one of the other Perk apps I guess. I also tried downloading one the SB apps that you had previously mentioned and that is not working either. I have an old Samsung S4, so maybe it is too out of date?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter