I Have Reservations At 3 Different Resorts

tink2007

DIS Veteran
What started out as a July4th weekend trip for my husband and I has turned into a battle of resorts.
Please help me !!

I’ve added Beach Club to our list of current reservations along with Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge.
I love the idea of walking to Epcot and HS. I’m just not very impressed with the pictures I’ve seen of the rooms at Beach Club.
Maybe I’m just not seeing good pictures.
Can someone convince me ?

4th of July may be miserable hot. You are going to LOVE the boat rides (and if you've not done Skyliner that's a blast too). My vote is based on time at Epcot = Beach Club. If you are going to spend a lot of time at Magic Kingdom, then the other two are fine. If you stay at Beach Club be sure to try breakfast at Ale & Compass (Yacht Club). I'm not familiar with the rooms at Beach Club since I'm a Boardwalk person.

I can’t speak to CR.

The remodel of BC was not nearly as impressive as WL’s remodel. They rather cheapened out on BC & BWI’s remodels tbh. But the rooms are still fine, they aren’t like motel-ish or anything. To me what really matters here is your priority. Walking to EP & DHS [BC] or a nicer feeling room (pocketed bathroom door and walk in shower) [WL] ? The pictures on the Disney website accurate reflect the rooms.

Fwiw Swan Reserve has the nicest rooms in that area if you don’t mind being outside the Disney bubble (no Disney theming in the room, can’t charge to your room, bus to MK goes to TTC).

I guess I'd have to ask, "How much time will you actually be in the room?" I can make resort choices into an Olympic sport, but in the end, I don't really spend a lot of time in them. There's no where more convenient than Beach Club... to 2 parks. The argument could be made for Contemporary as well. You won't have a bad time, no matter what you choose, that's for sure.

Staying close to where you plan to spend most of your time makes a trip so much more convenient. And it will be quite busy (not to mention hot and humid).

WL is a beautiful resort. We stay at BRV (DVC) on our visits, so I can’t speak to the hotel rooms. But the resort itself is one of our favorites. Breathtaking lobby, very nice pools, and Geyser Point, a restaurant with a relaxing vibe on Bay Lake.

The CR rooms are themed to “The Incredibles” and I don’t personally care for them. I enjoy the resort and have stayed there many times, but we opt for BLT now (which is undergoing refurbishment as I type this). However, the CR rooms are very large and comfortable. And there are some terrific restaurants at the CR.

We don’t stay often at BC. It is indeed very, very convenient to Epcot. At the end of the day, exiting via the “back gate” for the short walk home is a game changer. And there are lots of eatery options in that area too.

WL will probably always get my vote, but all the resorts in your list have much to recommend them. You can’t go wrong IMO, but I suggest planning strategically. I might even opt for a split stay, but not on such a short trip.

I can’t speak to CR.

The remodel of BC was not nearly as impressive as WL’s remodel. They rather cheapened out on BC & BWI’s remodels tbh. But the rooms are still fine, they aren’t like motel-ish or anything. To me what really matters here is your priority. Walking to EP & DHS [BC] or a nicer feeling room (pocketed bathroom door and walk in shower) [WL] ? The pictures on the Disney website accurate reflect the rooms.

Fwiw Swan Reserve has the nicest rooms in that area if you don’t mind being outside the Disney bubble (no Disney theming in the room, can’t charge to your room, bus to MK goes to TTC).
So no walk in shower at BC? We just stayed at WL a few weeks ago. Loved the new rooms and bathrooms. Especially the walk in shower.

If you decide on WL, perhaps you could walk to BC and get an uber and cut out that looong walk and wait for the buses at the end of the night.

So no walk in shower at BC? We just stayed at WL a few weeks ago. Loved the new rooms and bathrooms. Especially the walk in shower.
The reviews I’ve seen do not have walk-in showers. If it’s important to you I’d double check using the BC/YC thread and ask there as they are the experts, maybe there are some on request?

Personally, would nix BC/YC if you don't want the vibe of kids. It can be a bit overwhelming kids wise. We went with our kids 12 & 14 at the time to YC and it was too loud for them. So that's saying something. For our upcoming trip we booked WL-BRV since they are young adults 18 & 20 and gives us some options to resort hop if we want to for meals & snacks. Personally, looking forward to the WL to try The Territory Lounge Mac & Cheese with DH. The walk-in shower and tub look so relaxing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter