I got called for Jury Duty again... How many times have you been called.

I got called for Jury Duty again... How many times have you been called.

I got my first jury summons at my parent's house a month after I moved out. I got my second some 30 years later and was excused because I had young children. Got my 3rd one a couple of years ago (about 20 years after 2nd one). I had to check every day for a week to see if I was called - I wasn't, but my "service" had been fulfilled.

I was eligible in 2009 for 3 appearances and had to show for each one.

1 - Hit and run driver who was later caught and said nope wasn't me - guilty

2 - We in the jury pool sat in the waiting room for extra 30 minutes then the judge walked in and said "sorry for calling you in folks, the prosecutor and defendant just came to a plea agreement so there won't be a trial."

3 - Hit and run driver who was later caught and said nope wasn't me - guilty

I was then eligible again in 2020 for 3 appearances and for each one I called the number the prior evening and the recording said the jury wasn't needed -- I think I preferred the other way, it was interesting sitting in the jury box and listening to the testimony and watching the procedure.

I started to reply to this thread and then thought "nope, not going to jinx myself." And then...

I got a postcard in the mail yesterday I was being considered for jury service and needed to fill out an on-line survey.

*SIGH* & *facepalm*

Well my Dh just got out of federal grand jury duty. First he was getting a covid shot and then he asked to be transferred to a closer court. Then he answered 2 questions that he works for the government and takes care of me etc.

Now today I get the county jury questionnaire. I try calling in. I accidentally hit the wrong button that said I was a felon.Omg!
I called another lady. I asked her do they want another drs note etc. I told her the last time they said they would put me on an exempt list. She said she will take care of this for me. We shall see.
Our family always has a jury duty target on our back. They just go through all of us at the same time I think.

I've received the jury notice about 4-5 times. Twice I had to show up. I was excused once and had to serve once....as an alternate. So, I had to sit through the entire trial, only to be dismissed after closing arguments. In the parking lot, the other alternate and I both agreed on the verdict we would have rendered. As it turned out, the jury rendered the same verdict.

Every morning this month my husband has had to call, hasn't been requested to come in yet. I told him with his luck he'll be sat on a jury Thursday or Friday!

I started to reply to this thread and then thought "nope, not going to jinx myself." And then...

I got a postcard in the mail yesterday I was being considered for jury service and needed to fill out an on-line survey.

*SIGH* & *facepalm*
that is exactly why I never answered.

Got the letter 3 times in college and it was always over exam weeks so I got out of it. Now that I’m no longer in college I haven’t received a letter.

Once so far, never selected. i went out of state for college for four years, never got called, and then about a month before I move back east I receive word that they want me during finals week. Thankfully, my number never got called and I ended up being able to take all my exams/present research at the normally scheduled times.

Twice, I think, but both times I was not living in the state I got called for. First I got called in my home state of California while I was attending college in New York. And several years later, I got called for New Jersey right after I had moved to Ohio. Haven't received a summons since, so I still haven't served.

Never. Registered to vote at 18 and have never been called. I’d really love to go. I’ve always been curious about it. I’ve been waiting over 30 years. I must be on their blacklist:)

Never. Registered to vote at 18 and have never been called. I’d really love to go. I’ve always been curious about it. I’ve been waiting over 30 years. I must be on their blacklist:)

The source really depends on the juridiction. Many get lists of driver licenses and state IDs.

I live in a small county of about 35,000 people. Around 1995 or so I got a summons for jury duty. I was pulled for Grand Jury. For a year. We met every month or two. Apparently I asked too many questions because I was appointed foreman the second half of the year. I had to be excused from a murder case because I knew the defendant’s girlfriend and she called me right after it happened.

I have lost count - seriously. Called EVERYWHERE ive lived. One year called for town,
County and state. I have only made it on a jury once and I hated having to decide. Maine. Arizona. Florida. South Carolina. Everywhere!

no one else in my family has EVER been called. Ever. Thank goodness I like to read.

If only the lottery liked me this much.

I've been registered to vote since I was 18, so almost 35 years. I received the postcard twice, called the number and was never asked to go in for it.

Once. At the time, I was a nurse in a very specialized unit (no float pool to replace me). I hoped to get excused out of jury duty so that it wouldn't be a hardship on my co-workers, but the judge did not care and I had to serve anyway. I only got picked for one trial and it was a pretty simple one-day deal (domestic assault case). It was interesting to see how the system works.

6 times. The last one was a murder trial. Pretty graphic evidence. I'm not sure if it had anything to do with it but I had a stroke during the third week and missed the rest of the trial. Silver lining is I am now excused permanently from jury duty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter