I don't get it?

Because we are a bunch of morons who think it's cool to put other people down because of personal diffrences and stuff. I'm insulted at the number of racist kids at my school. People also do things that they think are cool, but they have no idea what they really mean. There was a kid drawing swastikas on his arms because he thought the logo looked cool, and he partially was racist. (at the time it was "cool" to be racist) He had no idea that the swastika was a Nazi symbol, that they just butchered, (it was a symbol of peace before the Nazi party), and that they murdered millions of people under it. I swear, I havn't been in a fight in this school yet, but that was the closest I've come. That kid needed a history lesson.

It's also because a bunch of the "cool" crowd thinks they are the sh*t. They prance around and put people down because they shop at walmart and not at all the "in" stores. I never follow them. Never been interested in following a trend. Especially when it means putting down people you once were friends with.

And on that note, I have a question. How is shopping at stores like Ambercrombie and American Eagle any better than the stuff at K-Mart and Kohls. I swear I could buy a plain shirt and some fabric at Wal-Mart, cut "AMBERCROMBIE" out of the fabric, stitch it onto the shirt, and nobody would know the diffrence. :confused3

MuNkY said:
Because we are a bunch of morons who think it's cool to put other people down because of personal diffrences and stuff. I'm insulted at the number of racist kids at my school. People also do things that they think are cool, but they have no idea what they really mean. There was a kid drawing swastikas on his arms because he thought the logo looked cool, and he partially was racist. (at the time it was "cool" to be racist) He had no idea that the swastika was a Nazi symbol, that they just butchered, (it was a symbol of peace before the Nazi party), and that they murdered millions of people under it. I swear, I havn't been in a fight in this school yet, but that was the closest I've come. That kid needed a history lesson.

It's also because a bunch of the "cool" crowd thinks they are the sh*t. They prance around and put people down because they shop at walmart and not at all the "in" stores. I never follow them. Never been interested in following a trend. Especially when it means putting down people you once were friends with.

And on that note, I have a question. How is shopping at stores like Ambercrombie and American Eagle any better than the stuff at K-Mart and Kohls. I swear I could buy a plain shirt and some fabric at Wal-Mart, cut "AMBERCROMBIE" out of the fabric, stitch it onto the shirt, and nobody would know the diffrence. :confused3

For once, I think I actually agree with you. Except the people at my school shop at the trendier stores.

But what if you like those clothes? :confused3

Like, I don't do all abercrombie...cuz they're prices are just too outrageous...
But I usually shop at Filene's or sometimes boutique type shops because I like the uniqueness of their clothing.
Plus, many times (from experience) I've bought Walmart or Kohl's clothing, and it can be made kind of cheaply and it falls apart in the wash...

ellindea said:
not to get too off topic, but I totally disagree with that "sticks and stones..." saying. Words can and DO hurt...sometimes worse than "sticks and stones" could! It hurts inside and offends...degrades your spirit. True, you can go too far and become too easily-offended; that's not good. But to say words can never hurt someone? Come on...

Exactly!

MuNkY said:

I wear clothes from abercrmbie, american eagle, and Holister all the time. I also wear Juicy and other expensive clothes. BUT I also shop at walkmart for clothes. It doesnt matter where I buy my clothes as long as I like them. lets just say I don't follow the way people dress they follow me.... cuz i've been wearing what I wear for ever and now everyone is wearing it. So personally I dont care where people get their clothes but i do go to a school where thats all people think about. How muh expensive things they can get. I go to a private school where, yes, there are rich snobby people. But thats just how they were raised. I agree with you, we are morons.

ellindea said:
not to get too off topic, but I totally disagree with that "sticks and stones..." saying. Words can and DO hurt...sometimes worse than "sticks and stones" could! It hurts inside and offends...degrades your spirit. True, you can go too far and become too easily-offended; that's not good. But to say words can never hurt someone? Come on...

moving on... :goodvibes

I misunderstood Ash's original post at first, too, thinking she was talking about name-calling in general, but yah, it makes even less sense when people call each other vulgar names "for fun" or joking or whatever.

I agree with you on the sticks and stones thing.
I don't know why people call each other those names in general or for fun.

Princess Ash said:

Like, I don't do all abercrombie...cuz they're prices are just too outrageous...
But I usually shop at Filene's or sometimes boutique type shops because I like the uniqueness of their clothing.
Plus, many times (from experience) I've bought Walmart or Kohl's clothing, and it can be made kind of cheaply and it falls apart in the wash...

I totally agree! I don't really buy my clothes for the brand name; I usually buy them if 1) I like them, 2) they are good quality, and 3) aren't super expensive... :)

Daisymae26 said:
I totally agree! I don't really buy my clothes for the brand name; I usually buy them if 1) I like them, 2) they are good quality, and 3) aren't super expensive... :)

EXACTLY! That's exactly how I shop for clothes too.

Princess Ash said:

Well if it's uniqe then cool. But most of the stuff I've seen from them is EXACTLY like shirts from cheaper stores. I'm just saying, a lot of times your paying for a name.

MuNkY said:
Well if it's uniqe then cool. But most of the stuff I've seen from them is EXACTLY like shirts from cheaper stores. I'm just saying, a lot of times your paying for a name.

Unique is my middle name ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter