I did it I did it I did it!!!

Yes, I'm so glad I tried it!! So glad I was with one friend who wasn't pushing things but was very encouraging, and with another friend who was just as scared as I was but who said she'd go if I went. :) That support made it possible for me to go. :) That, and the older lady at the exit of RnR who said absolutely if you can handle the launch on RnR you can handle the drops on ToT. :)

As for me doing it again -- I won't go out of my way for it, but if I'm with other friends who want to ride, I'll ride it now instead of just sitting out. :)

And I disagree about knowing how high up you are -- at least the first time you ride. Of course, with how every one is random now, your time in the window varies. I don't think we were in the window that long, though we did go up there twice. And we dropped *before* going up to the window, so with the randomization now, you have no idea which way you're going to go, and at times I honestly couldn't tell if we were moving up or down.

Originally posted by alicenwonder99
YEAH!!! Way to go!!! Aren't you glad you tried it? On our last WDW trip I was determined not to ride RnR, nor ToT. Dh and dd talked me into RnR and I'm so glad I did...it is now my favorite ride. Then they talked me into ToT. Though I can't say it's my fav ride, I'm glad I rode it. It's not nearly as scary as I thought it was going to be. I don't know if I'll ride it again on our next trip. Put it this way, I'm not going to go out of my way to ride it. But if there's not a long line or we can get a reasonable time for a FastPass, and there is nothing better to do (lol), then I may ride it again.

For the other poster who asked if you know you are up high: Yes you do know. Once you are up in the elevator a HUGE window opens up in front of you and you realize you are high up in the tower and you can see all of MK from up there. Then you know the first drop is coming!!!

Mary
(I am determined NOT to ride Mission Space this trip...and no one can coax me into riding it!!!!)

Originally posted by DisneyAddict_M
Congrats! I still won't ride it. :scared:

(I have freefallaphobia, lol)

::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::
Me too.

You have more courage than I have! Actually, I heard the ride actually pulls you down faster than gravity, and I hate that dropping feeling you get in your stomach...you won't find me anywhere near that ride! Which is a shame, because so many people love this ride and I've heard just the theming is wonderful. I feel like I'm really missing out on something.

-Laura

I didn't believe it either, but you really do have a different sensation when you're *pulled* down rather than just *dropped*.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter