Thanks for all your ideas...In the end I decided not to cancel. It was a strange day yesterday...I spent hours on the internet trawling through comments and news atricles. The following were the deciders. Judging by Comcasts takeover of At&T I understand it took a year. This bid, if successful would also take a long time as it would need to be passed by the monopolies ( or whatever its called in the USA) commission and as such could be a long time and then even more before any such changes cascade to take effect. I have only purchased 170 points and when I said to my husband that I was thinking of cancelling he said to me that I had lost more money than that on my car and that was only in one year! Why fret over things that may or may not happen. He's a business man and is used to taking chances. A collegue of mine has just died aged 40 and I found out yesterday. It puts it all in perspective...who knows whats around the corner. The rate of exchange is so good at the moment I would want to take advantage and not lose out by waiting. Time will tell if this is the right decision.