I Celebrated Joe Jonas' Birthday on a Disney Cruise August 6-16, 2011

Great trip report! I really enjoyed reading it. I can't believe so much time has already flown by since we were on the ship. Dreaming about another cruise but it probably won't happen for a couple years! I'm so glad to hear that the teens on the ship seemed to have such a good time, at least that means we can continue cruising with Disney when our kids are older!
That would be nice.

Yeah. The longest I had to wait was for the Shake It Up Meet and Greet (nearly 4 hours) :scared1:

Too bad we missed you. We actually went the day we got off the ship on the 16th!
Oh gotcha.

The next day we went to Ketchikan. We did have to wake up early for our character breakfast at Parrot Cay. The characters that were there were Chip, Goofy, Dale, Mickey, Goofy, Pluto and Minnie. They looked so cute in their hawaiian outfits. After breakfast, we relaxed until it was time for our shore excursion. We went on a bus and a boat for this excursion. We went shopping before heading back to the ship. It was semi formal night and dinner that night was in Triton's.

Happy Birthday Joe Jonas!! It was our last night and full day. :sad2: We ate at Triton's for breakfast. After breakfast, my sister and I went to the Princess Gathering. The princesses that there were there Cinderella, Ariel, Tiana, Snow White and Belle. After the princess gathering, we went shopping and went to Bingo. After Bingo, we went back to the room and started packing. I decided to see Terk and go back to the teen club. When I got there, we played a crazy boys vs girls game. Once again, the boys got all of the princess and girly related questions :rotfl2: The girls won again. After the game, I, along with some of the other teens participated in the craziest scavenger hunt ever. I was on my BFF's team. They had us run around the ship to get stuff. Thank goodness I was on their team because I already had some of the stuff that we needed to get. About halfway through the scavenger hunt, we ran into my family who had just come from Bingo. Some of the things we needed were visitor stickers from the Oceaneer Club and Lab, a shutter's flyer, some of those chocolates that they would give to us and the Flounder's Reef Nursery phone number. My team was the first to make it back with all of the things we needed. Because of this, we got Disney Cruise Line water bottles. This meant that we needed another thing to pack.

Congratulations on winning the scavenger hunt.

Happy Birthday Joe Jonas!! It was our last night and full day. :sad2: We ate at Triton's for breakfast. After breakfast, my sister and I went to the Princess Gathering. The princesses that there were there Cinderella, Ariel, Tiana, Snow White and Belle. After the princess gathering, we went shopping and went to Bingo. After Bingo, we went back to the room and started packing. I decided to see Terk and go back to the teen club. When I got there, we played a crazy boys vs girls game. Once again, the boys got all of the princess and girly related questions :rotfl2: The girls won again. After the game, I, along with some of the other teens participated in the craziest scavenger hunt ever. I was on my BFF's team. They had us run around the ship to get stuff. Thank goodness I was on their team because I already had some of the stuff that we needed to get. About halfway through the scavenger hunt, we ran into my family who had just come from Bingo. Some of the things we needed were visitor stickers from the Oceaneer Club and Lab, a shutter's flyer, some of those chocolates that they would give to us and the Flounder's Reef Nursery phone number. My team was the first to make it back with all of the things we needed. Because of this, we got Disney Cruise Line water bottles. This meant that we needed another thing to pack.
My daughter Alana, was on the same team as you for the scavenger hunt!

Love reading your TR!
Fantastic job!

I am currently 16 also, almost 17.
I went on my first cruise four years ago, I was 13.
Almost three years ago I went on my second disney cruise and had a blast!
Disney does some magical things....I met my bf on that cruise. (See signature) ;)

I still keep in touch with my friends from the cruises. I LOVE the times I had on there.

Love reading your TR!
Fantastic job!

I am currently 16 also, almost 17.
I went on my first cruise four years ago, I was 13.
Almost three years ago I went on my second disney cruise and had a blast!
Disney does some magical things....I met my bf on that cruise. (See signature) ;)

I still keep in touch with my friends from the cruises. I LOVE the times I had on there.

Thank you Rochelle. I'm glad you are enjoying it.

In this chapter, I will talk about some of the funny, favorite and sad moments from the cruise.

Funny
The boys getting all of the girly and princess related questions during games
My BFF's tour guide calling her by my name, not her's
Scavenger Hunt
Finding out that when I'm not at home, I'm not good at Mario Kart
Anne Marie thinking that Perry was a duck

Favorite
Watching the Glacier at Tracy Arm with the other teens
Hanging out at the teen club
Meeting all of the teens throughout the cruise
Pin Trading every night
Snow Dog Experience in Juneau

Sad
Saying goodbye to all of the teens on the last night
The last night in general
Seeing my BFF for the last time
Missing everyone

Kaitlin,

I think you had a wonderful experience that you can carry with you for the rest of your life. That is a good thing.

During the cruise, I noticed some celebrity look a likes. I found look a likes of the following celebrities:

Caroline Sunshine (Shake It Up)
Lea Michele (Glee)
Joe Jonas
Nick Jonas
Zendaya (Shake It Up)
Chris Colfer
Hutch Dano (Zeke & Luther)
Adam Irigoyen (Shake It Up)
Taylor Lautner
Logan Henderson (Big Time Rush)
Jimmy Bennett (Star Trek)
Debby Ryan (The Suite Life on Deck)

After the scavenger hunt, I went back to the room until Disney Dreams. I love that show. For some reason, our Anne Marie reminded me of Lea Michele from Glee. I have pretty much every stuffed animal that Anne Marie has. After Disney Dreams, we went to pin trading. It was nice to see Natalie who was our bingo queen last time. My sister and I did alot of pin trading that night. It was then time for our last dinner at Animator's Palate :sad2: The servers did a show for us since it was the last night. I left dinner early because I went to Till We Meet Again. Apparently, Anne Marie and Peter Pan must not have heard of Phineas and Ferb because they thought Perry was a duck. It was nice seeing the characters for the last time.

Here are some memorable quotes from the cruise:

Cast Member: What are you celebrating?
Me: My last few weeks of summer vacation before I go back to school

Anne Marie: What a nice duck you have there (noticing Perry the Platypus)
Me: That's not a duck, that's a Platypus

Clayton: Ladies and Gentlemen Boys and Girls Disney Dreams!!

After all the farewell activities, I decided to return to the Teen Club for the last time. :sad2: At this time, we exchanged our all our information so we could all keep in touch. To remember everyone forever, I decided to have everyone sign my Disney Vacation Club hat. At that point, I was not ready to head back to California or say goodbye to everyone. When it was time to for me to head back to the room, it was time for me to say goodbye to everyone. Some of the teens even hugged me.

Here are some pictures:
2afjt04.jpg

The bridge view from the TV
2zrorco.jpg

Me with a group of teenagers on the ship. I'm in the red scarf

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts