I caved in...

nhmomx2

DIS Veteran
I booked another studio! Used another 55 points that I shouldn't have had to. My wonderful SIL (UGH!!!). Anyway...just wanted you all to know we will no longer have a limit problem in the rooms. Poppy & Grammy will have a separate room from another SIL (a good one ;) ) and will have the grandkids take turns sleeping in their room. This has been so frustrating I can't even tell you. Try to do something nice for someone and they use it completely to their advantage :crazy: Thank you all for your support, ideas, thoughts, etc...sometimes it's easier to vent on these boards than to the person who deserves it. That would have caused way too many family problems that I didn't want overshadowing our trip. Thanks again...

Happy Venting...:D

We've followed the other thread and are glad it finally worked out for you. Consider those 55 points well spent.:smooth:

OMG, you didn't!! I wouldn't have!

I was so amused just imagining how crazy the two adults would be with four kids in a studio for a week...

Have a great trip by the way!

Well Chris...truth be told. I don't even want to give her the option of dishing off her kids on my inlaws. I really booked the room for peace of mind as a "just in case" precaution. You know...if someone says something we do have enough space for everyone. But I too would like her to suffer, miserably at that :eek: with all four kids in her room. Ohh...I'm going to hell for this for sure!!

nhmomx2, if you're going to h*ll for sure over this, I'll probably be right behind you for worse!!

You know if we invited my DH's brother, we'd have the exact same problem... even with free hotel my SIL would complain bitterly about the food & passes... We've invited them plenty of times actually they just can never agree on a timeframe, now we've just stopped inviting them!! Course she's always asking if we could bring their kids, but they don't want them gone for 2 weeks at a time because of school.... We can't please his family no matter how hard we tried!

I'm glad things worked out for you, even though you had to use the extra points. That's exactly why I booked my sister and her husband into their own studio - this way everyone has their space (of course we'll have the jacuzzi but she won't find out about that until after we get down there). I've learned my lesson - no more bragging about how wonderful DVC is to family! :D

Lisa

You better not tell her, she'll want to bring more guests on your dime. I hope you have a good trip and am sorry.....spruce

Hey, while you are goint straight to hell anyway and booking that studio, how about booking it one week later (than your trip) and telling your sister you moved dates of the trip:D

All your problems solved!

Trudy

I am sorry - that will probably kept you from taking another trip - but family can be/ and generally is difficult - when I send my brother (we do not go - except at certain times when the stay is less than 3 days)

nhmomx2....sorry to hear that you had to burn points to resolve the issue, but I think you made a wise decision. I mean, who wants a vacation completely ruined by inconsiderate people.

I hope your DH is just as frustrated as you are by this, but based on previous posts, I guess not.

Sometimes people start talking about points like the playing chips in Las Vegas. It's easy to forget that they represent real money. In this case, imagine if you had to pay out of pocket a cash ressie for the studio....maybe then your DH would get it.

Spruce...you know...I actually had the same thought. And knowing her, she probably would - like inviting her inlaws!!

TrudyZ...I actually thought about rebooking their room at OKW...but then I realized there aren't any studio pluses and they would be even more over the limit!

Spiceycat...it won't keep me from taking another trip, just from taking them on another trip ;)

Granny...my DH is just as ticked, but his entire family has somewhat come to expect this type of behavior from her. It really bothers me that they just say "are you surprised"...well kind of ya! I guess I'm just suprised because I would never do that to someone. And, I don't think his family does realize that the points represent 'real' money. They just take it for granted...don't mind the $20K+ investment we've made.

Oh well...time will tell. I'm glad we're only planning one breakfast with everyone and then one adult only dinner the night the grandparents take the kids...I don't think I could handle that much scheduled time with her. God forbid I have a drink or two - and yes, that's all it would take (I'm a lightweight :D ) and I'll end up with WWIII on my hands telling her what I think of her...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter