I cannot get motivated

Aurora63

<font color=0066CC>I do look ravishing, don't I?<b
Joined
Apr 10, 2003
...to do any housework. This place looks like a bomb went off, yet I sit here playing computer games and Dissing.

Tomorrow is mt B-day, so I'd really like to wake up to a clean place. Some one help me get motivated.
 

nativetxn

<font color=teal>Moderator<br><font color=red>Hono
Joined
Feb 15, 2000
I'll motivate you if you will motivate me!
 

DawnCt1

<font color=red>I had to wonder what "holiday" he
Joined
May 17, 2004
Set the timer on the clock, stove, etc. See how much you can get done in one hour. Have a race against yourself. Tell yourself, work hard for one hour and when it is over you can do whatever you want to do for the rest of the night. Start in one corner, start in the kitchen, the bathroom, etc. Work as fast as you can and when your hour is up, the other 12 are yours and then do it again tomorrow morning.
 

Micca

SAHG: Stay At Home Grandfather
Joined
Dec 5, 2000
I like the way Dawn thinks, but I normally give myself a much shorter window to work--i.e. 5-10 minutes ;)
 

Aurora63

<font color=0066CC>I do look ravishing, don't I?<b
Joined
Apr 10, 2003
Dawn. that might work...if I could rip myself off the computer!!!

Didn't see the dust bunny thread...I don't kow, I'm just super lazy today. My first full day off, all to myself, since school let out, and I have done almost nothing.

Okay, I'm going to attempt getting up now...backing away from the computer...wish me luck!
 

DawnCt1

<font color=red>I had to wonder what "holiday" he
Joined
May 17, 2004
Aurora63 said:
Dawn. that might work...if I could rip myself off the computer!!!

Didn't see the dust bunny thread...I don't kow, I'm just super lazy today. My first full day off, all to myself, since school let out, and I have done almost nothing.

Okay, I'm going to attempt getting up now...backing away from the computer...wish me luck!

Go go go go , leave, leave, leave....you can do it, hurry, run, we will see you in one hour!!!!!fleee
 

MsLeFever

WPASADI II Co-Winner
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
I highly recommend Flylady.com! It doesn't happen overnight but it works!
 

DawnCt1

<font color=red>I had to wonder what "holiday" he
Joined
May 17, 2004
MsLeFever said:
I highly recommend Flylady.com! It doesn't happen overnight but it works!

I was bombarded with so much email from Flylady that I couldn't get a thing done. It took me hours to clean out the mail box. No Flylady for me. Just do it!!
 

Aurora63

<font color=0066CC>I do look ravishing, don't I?<b
Joined
Apr 10, 2003
Thanks Dan!

Wow! In the past hour and 1/2, I managed to get all the dishes finished, clean my bedroom and bathroom (top to bottom), sort and start the laundry, and put away two loads of finished laundry. I'm impressed! Gotta keep up the momentum, though, so I'll see you all later!
 

DawnCt1

<font color=red>I had to wonder what "holiday" he
Joined
May 17, 2004
Aurora63 said:
Thanks Dan!

Wow! In the past hour and 1/2, I managed to get all the dishes finished, clean my bedroom and bathroom (top to bottom), sort and start the laundry, and put away two loads of finished laundry. I'm impressed! Gotta keep up the momentum, though, so I'll see you all later!

Way to go!!!!
 

Tigger&Belle

<font color=blue>I'm the good girl on the DIS<br><
Joined
Sep 2, 2000
DawnCt1 said:
I was bombarded with so much email from Flylady that I couldn't get a thing done. It took me hours to clean out the mail box. No Flylady for me. Just do it!!

I don't get the flylady e-mails anymore, but do some of her basics (setting the timer and working for 15 minutes at a time is the biggest help for me). I also belong to a local group (through yahoo groups), which helps, too. Nice support system. The flylady.net website is worth checking out, too.

T&B
 








DISNEY DINING PROMO CARD OFFER!

The Disney Dining Promo Card is a great way for you to “Stay, Play, and Dine” at Walt Disney World this summer. This offer is available for arrivals from June 25 to September 14, 2023.

Click Here for a No-Obligation Quote!




Top