I am nuts.....for bringing the in-laws-a May/June 2011 TR.

A few more from the plane. I forgot to add that I had packed the girls a bag for the plane with some surprises in them. I made them these cute pillow cases with all their favorite Disney things. I also had notepads, pencils, color pencils, sunglasses and also a few of their things like iPods and DS’s. This worked out great because it fit under the seat of the plane and it kept them occupied.

020-4.jpg

022-1.jpg

027-1.jpg

032.jpg

022-2.jpg

029-1.jpg

See, I said we switched places which was ok with me because I like to look out the window.

021.jpg

How about this picture from the plane: Epcot and DTD

031.jpg

Our flight was very uneventful. We landed right on time at 11:20 am and I told my in-laws just to follow me. We took the tram to the main part of the airport. We had talked a lot about the whole Magical Express experience. How we wouldn’t have to get our luggage, that they would that’s why we put the luggage tags on and that we just make our way to the Magical Express counter and they take care of the rest. Well, my father-in-law kept saying that we were going the wrong way because we were not headed to the luggage claim area. I kept saying we don’t have to get our luggage. It was so exhausting. So we finally make it to the Magical Express Counter and get checked in. The lines waiting for the buses were soooo long. Sorry I didn’t take any pictures. I was like, we will be here a while. I’ve never seen the lines so long before. The line they sent us to was………………………………………………………………………………

EMPTY!!! :cheer2:

For some reason, we were like the 5th family in line. Don’t understand that.

We waited about 15 minutes and we were on our way. The other lines hadn’t moved and they were looking at us like we were cutting the line. I felt so bad for them, but excited that we didn’t have to wait tooo long. And not to long after that we were on our way. Our bus driver was named Louis.

We went straight to the All-Star Resorts, but we were staying at the Movies so we were the last stop. Once again, I had to keep telling the in-laws that we would be the third stop, but they got up at each stop. Is this getting to be a habit? :confused3 My kids seem to retain info more than they do.

We arrived at the resort about 12:30pm. We made our way to the online check-in counter and check in but our rooms weren’t ready. That’s ok, we were hungry so we went to the food court and had lunch.

I had the chicken quesadilla’s, Shannon had the Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich, Madi had the cheese pizza and Jaden had spaghetti and meatballs. We all loved our food except for Jaden, she ended up picking at the noodles and sharing Madi’s pizza with her. I get better at taking food pictures, I promise.

I'm in. Great plane pics. My MIL and my mom are coming with us so this should be very helpful & I imagine they will retain info about the same as your IL's

That was a great idea about the surprises for the girls while on the plane. I need to remember to do surprise toys for my son the next time we fly. Maybe they'll keep him occupied a little longer than the stuff he's used to seeing/playing with. And a big :thumbsup2 to an uneventful flight & not having to wait long for ME!

I didn't realize you had started a report! All caught up and can't wait to hear more! I can't wait to hear how you managed your in laws, I deal with my MIL every trip but I don't know if I could have done both;)

Enjoying the report! I dont know about this inlaw thing.. Dont get me wrong I love my mom in law but I dont think she would do well in WDW..

We are in the middle of planning a big vow renewal in WDW for Sept 2012 and she has already made some waves.. Doesnt understand why we are doing a vow renewal and why at disney and she cant afford to come.. Its during the value season and all guests get discounted rooms plus she can stay value and split the cost..Its just b/c its disney..

Anyway sorry wasnt trying to take over your report! Cant wait to read more!!

Sorry I've been away for a few days. My girls had been on a mini vacation with my mom for 5 days camping and they came home Tuesday. I've been spending a little time with them.

I'm in. Great plane pics. My MIL and my mom are coming with us so this should be very helpful & I imagine they will retain info about the same as your IL's

:welcome: When my mom came she was helpful, but my Mil was not. Hopefully they will be helpful .

I'm in. I also plan secret trips then tell everyone that I have to travel for work and taking DH with me..;)

:welcome: Secret trips are the best.

That was a great idea about the surprises for the girls while on the plane. I need to remember to do surprise toys for my son the next time we fly. Maybe they'll keep him occupied a little longer than the stuff he's used to seeing/playing with. And a big :thumbsup2 to an uneventful flight & not having to wait long for ME!

Surprises are always good with my girls. I wish DH would've bought me a surprise for the plane. :laughing:

I didn't realize you had started a report! All caught up and can't wait to hear more! I can't wait to hear how you managed your in laws, I deal with my MIL every trip but I don't know if I could have done both;)

:welcome:

Enjoying the report! I dont know about this inlaw thing.. Dont get me wrong I love my mom in law but I dont think she would do well in WDW..

We are in the middle of planning a big vow renewal in WDW for Sept 2012 and she has already made some waves.. Doesnt understand why we are doing a vow renewal and why at disney and she cant afford to come.. Its during the value season and all guests get discounted rooms plus she can stay value and split the cost..Its just b/c its disney..

Anyway sorry wasnt trying to take over your report! Cant wait to read more!!

:welcome: A vow renewal in Disney sounds wonderful. I would love to do that one day.

I have to see how this ends, we are taking my inlaws with us in Jan popcorn::

:welcome: and good luck with the in-laws.

Hey everyone! :wave2: Hope yall had a good weekend. Mine was busy busy. I am taking classes to learn to use my SLR camera and photo editing, so I had that on Saturday. My friend is also taking the classes with me so not only do we go to class, we also did some shopping of Saturday. I also did some school uniform shopping today with my girls. That was challenging. I hardly bought anything, because they didn't have the styles that Jaden wanted. I can't just buy her anything anymore, so she choose Old Navy pants, but they didn't have the color our school wears, so I came home and ordered them online. I did find shoes and the rest of what Madison needed (she had hand me downs from Jaden).

OK where was I…oh ya, we were waiting for our room to be ready. After waiting around for a bit, I went back to the check-in counter and checked again about our room. While the Castmember was looking it up, I received the text that our room was ready, but my in-laws room was not quite ready. We headed over to our room and everyone piled in. The mousekeeper was cleaning my in-laws room. They had told us their room number so they just waited a few minutes with us. We got into our room a little after 2pm.

033-1.jpg

034-1.jpg

036-1.jpg

We settled in our room a bit, not that we had much but our carry on bags. Anyway we headed off to DTD. I had secretly made a reservation for my girls at BBB at 4:40pm. So we headed to the bus stop. My in-laws were amazed that you could take a bus to anywhere on Disney property. Of course, Madi fell asleep on the bus, we only been up since 4am.

We arrived at DTD about 3:15 and made our way towards World of Disney store. We shopped around a bit.

On the way:
037.jpg

We were still early for our appointment so I tried checking in early, but they would not allow. They told me to wait until 5 minutes before our appointment time before I could check in. So we walked around for about another 20 minutes and then it was time to check in. I checked in and they gave me a buzzer and I still had to wait about 20 minutes past our reservation time for the buzzer to go off. My in-laws got tired of waiting, so they headed off to find alcoholic beverages. They missed the whole thing.

Pics from BBB:

039-1.jpg

044-1.jpg

054.jpg

055-2.jpg

042-1.jpg

057.jpg

059-2.jpg

Those are just my pics. I need to upload our photopass pics. I will post those tomorrow.

When we were done, we headed out to find the in-laws. Of course, I took a few pics along the way.

Outside the Lego store:
060.jpg

061-1.jpg

062-2.jpg

Continued on next post.

They were having a beer and sitting by the lake enjoying the view. It looked like it was going to start raining, so we decided to head back to the resort since we had been up so early and we would be having early mornings the next few days.

You can see the clouds coming:
063-2.jpg

064-1.jpg

On our way out, we just had to stop at Goofy’s Candy Co. for some snacks and some Goofing off!!

Shannon got the huge oreo dipped in chocolate with sprinkles on top. I got the pretzel rods dipped in chocolate and 2 with sprinkles and 1 with mini m & m’s. I think Jaden got a oreo also, but I’m not sure.

065.jpg

066-1.jpg

067-1.jpg

Ok that's it for now. I need to upload more photos and our photopass pics. Talk to you later.

The girls look so cute with their BBB makeovers! I bet they really enjoyed it!

I want to take more classes on using my DSLR. A few weeks before our last trip to Disney, I did take a beginners class at Kadair's in Baton Rouge. It was great! It really got me to understand the basics & now I don't shoot on "Auto"! I would also love a class on photo editing. That's probably what I need most right now.

I'm joining! My MiL loves disney. She was very disappointed that she won't be able to surprise us by joining us on our up coming trip. So were we:rotfl2:

I smiled when you said that your in-laws thought it was neat that you could hop on a bus and it would take you anywhere on Disney property. My mother thought that was the greatest thing too (as do I).

The girls look so pretty with their BBB makeovers. I bet they were super surprised.

Love the BBB hair and makeup! The pilllowcases are adorable too! I was just thinking about how bad it would be to bring my in-laws, for one of the same reasons and one completely opposite...1. FIL would not remember anything I told him and would be all kinds of confused & 2. they think alcohol is from the devil (FIL's a baptist pastor :lmao:) and DH and I enjoy a good cocktail.:rotfl:

joining in. you are braver than I to travel with your inlaws. I've done WDW with my parents, but i'm not sure i could with the inlaws. I hope you all were able to carve out some alone family time. great bbb pics!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter